Forums / Discussion / General

232,893 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VII: Live Free or Twi Hard

Last posted Jul 06, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT
9943 posts from 165 users

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Honestly, I’m a little surprised that Dash lasted until the third pick.
I figured that she would have been grabbed almost immediately.

If that plushie had a yellow coat and pink mane, I could not have begged you for it fast enough, believe me. As for Skittles there, I'm more than happy to let those other silly forumites fight for her.

Page get? Well hey, do you know how long it's been since we had a Fluttershy page? Way too long, exactly.

Look at her though; she's already forgiven you all.

Last edited Apr 29, 2013 at 09:33PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Deadparrot

What are the contents of those collectible boxes? I'm curious what the poster and stickers look like?

Also, where the hell did you find all this stuff!?

Oh, sure.
Here's a nice shot I found of the Vinyl box contents.

The Fluttershy ones are a little different, but i couldn't find a picture of the poster.
Here's the sticker (left) and the card, and just realize that the poster has the same art as the sticker but much larger obviously.

Both posters also have a checklist for the series 1 trading card set on the back of them.

@Lone K.
Cram a marshmallow in it, man.

Yeah, I knew Dashie would be a big draw, but like Random said, neither of the vinyl ones have been grabbed yet so there's still plenty of opportunity.

Last edited Apr 29, 2013 at 09:22PM EDT

@Deadparrot

Hmmm, I see. Thanks for that. Just thinking of what I could do with it

That sticker would look good attached to my PC case. And I'd leave that poster hung up somewhere in Auckland City just too see how long it stays there for*. Bonus points if someone scribbles "burning_phoneix was here" on it, or another person signs it with "I saw you put this here -Stunthead"

*I once did the same thing with a Twilight poster. It lasted about 4 days on Queen Street before someone tore it down

Not sure what to do with the trading card. Maybe I'll trade it or something, I don't know.

I also have my eye on the last Fluttershy. I could use a friend to hug paperweight. If I got a figurine, I also contemplated giving it to my little nephew, but he's a nephew, not a niece so he probably wont be as interested.

Anyway here's some Fluttershy since that's the subject of this page.

Last edited Apr 29, 2013 at 10:05PM EDT

Since no one is looking for any of the vinyl Rainbow Dash figures, I guess I can call dibs when I get picked.

Shoot, I'm not sure how I can secretly get that figure around my parents before they find it first. Hm.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Deadparrot

Hmmm, I see. Thanks for that. Just thinking of what I could do with it

That sticker would look good attached to my PC case. And I'd leave that poster hung up somewhere in Auckland City just too see how long it stays there for*. Bonus points if someone scribbles "burning_phoneix was here" on it, or another person signs it with "I saw you put this here -Stunthead"

*I once did the same thing with a Twilight poster. It lasted about 4 days on Queen Street before someone tore it down

Not sure what to do with the trading card. Maybe I'll trade it or something, I don't know.

I also have my eye on the last Fluttershy. I could use a friend to hug paperweight. If I got a figurine, I also contemplated giving it to my little nephew, but he's a nephew, not a niece so he probably wont be as interested.

Anyway here's some Fluttershy since that's the subject of this page.

If you leave it in lower queen street. There's a high probability I would see it.

I did not see that Twilight poster though.

Well since we're on Page 8 I believe this is the perfect time to start thinking of names for Pony Thread 8!

Now hear me out, my suggestion is KYM Pony General VIII-gets shot

But in all due seriousness how long do we think we have to wait until we get "Welcome to KYM Pony General 13, first order of business: What will be the title of KYM Pony General 14 and 15?"

EDIT: Oh boy, Deadparrot got a title for his birthday? Cool, I wonder what I'll get from Verbose and Randomman when my 21st Birthday comes around!
>Inb4 banned for drunk spamming Rainbow Dash.

Last edited Apr 29, 2013 at 11:43PM EDT

@Phoneix

It wasn't a Twilight Sparkle poster, it was a Twilight poster (that Twilight). You probably walked past it and glanced over it. Also, the poster was glued to a trash can.

I drew all over Edward. He had the most bitching mustache

Shame I don't have the poster already because I'll be in Auckland this Wednesday

@Crimson

Clearly, we must fight to the death.

I'd challenge you to a dueling minigame in TF2 but I don't have it. So I'll propose a staring contest instead

Ready? GO!

Last edited Apr 30, 2013 at 12:09AM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

Is it weird that I would rather see a picture of Tank?

This is now Tank.

Lauren says he's about 60-80 years old, so he's about middle-aged.

Now we just need to attach a helicopter prop to him, and we'll be all set!

So…
Sorry about sort of hitting a wall here tonight…

I'm basically stuck waiting for a response from the last person and wishing that I had made some kind of rule at the outset.
I don't like introducing new stuff while in progress, but I'll do this: If I hit the 24 hour mark and still haven't heard back, I'll pick a new name.
This will do two things: 1). Get us out of this stalemate if it comes to that and 2) Give you guys some time off from worrying about it.
If I don't hear anything, the new name will be drawn at about 6:00 pm tomorrow.
(In actual fact, I'm probably going to be pretty damn busy tomorrow too, so I might not be able to check in as much as I did today.)
Really not intending to drag out the tension for anyone, but that seems to be the way the cookie has crumbled.
Don't worry; we'll get through this!

To hold you over, have some art philosophy:

(He's right, you know. That is not a pony.)

@Kewln00b The N00biest
Yes, my SuperPAC is already starting to build up a voting block/gathering funds to bribe Verbose in the event he implements a military junta for the next thread title. After the Deathy Hasbro was cheated out of victory by vote rigging and mod bribing lost a fair election, it made me realize we can't always rely on the Twilight demo to get votes in. A coalition of the Twilight, Luna, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy demos must be established if we are to forever ensure the White Marshmallow Tyrant can never usurp the thread title.

@Deadparrot222
As if the stress of Finals Week isn't enough, now I have a lottery/raffle to stalk, anxiously clicking on the spoilers to see if/when my chance for the merch arises.

Okay, you know what KYM? Everyone is praising DeadParrot like some sort of "generosity god" for these silly little giveaway he's doing, but you know what? I actually didn't learn ANYTHING from all this.

I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

Sure I could tell you I learned something about how all the users here are really thankful and appreciate the nice things that someone else does for them, but the truth is… I knew that already too.

Actually, I cannot show true appreciation until this contest is completely over… one good act of generosity deserves an act of kindness back.

P.S. Even though Fluttershy's the oldest of the Mane 6 (by a year), she's still the cutest! And, uh… god sometimes I wonder how many animal friends she has… not including the bear or the bunny.

Haha, we're back in business!
Just got a response back and the Derpy Lunchbox has been claimed.

Let's grab a new name…
<div class=spoiler title="Winner #6">

SkymanKez!

Here's the list as it stands, so take your pick:
<div class=spoiler title="Prize List">

Vinyl Funko Derpy
Vinyl Funko Rainbow Dash (x2!)
Vinyl Funko Doctor Whooves (x2!)
Vinyl Funko Fluttershy (x2!)
Blu-Ray copy of Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony
Metal Derpy ‘Lunchbox’
Fluttershy Collectable Box with Promo Trading Card, Poster and sticker (x2!)
DJ-PON3 Collectable Box with Promo Trading Card, Poster and sticker (x2!)
‘Friendship Express’ DVD
‘Royal Pony Wedding’ DVD
Sleepy Rainbow Dash Beanie

Like I said last night, I might be pretty busy today, but I'll try to check in when I can to keep this moving as much as possible.

I think I'll take one of the Funko Dashies, I'll also likely be open to trading with others at the cost of their first born by the end of the drawings. You have done me a great kindness, young man. I won't soon forget it.

I… have arrived!

Being locked away in 'The Land Without Wi-Fi' for a full day is really frustrating when all I wanted to do on my lunch was check in here.

Let's see if we can't crank these out now, okay?

So, SkymanKez is down for a Dashie and it's time for…
<div class=spoiler title="Winner #7">

Disturbed Brony!

In a time-saving measure, he actually let me know yesterday that Funko Dash was his first choice as well, so I'm going to go right ahead and put him down for the other.
Please let me know if you've changed your mind though, Disturbed.

And because that was so quick and easy, we can move right on to…
<div class=spoiler title="Winner #8">

Twilitlord!
You're up!

Vinyl Funko Derpy
Metal Derpy ‘Lunchbox’
‘Friendship Express’ DVD
‘Royal Pony Wedding’ DVD

Last edited Apr 30, 2013 at 08:55PM EDT

BSOD, Crimson… I didn't say this earlier, because I knew that with my luck I'd get it taken before me. I'm sorry, but I need to complete my collection. I'm going to have to go with the last Flutters.

If I wasn't gonna have the Fluttershy, I wanted the Rainbow Dash, and both were taken in one fell swoop ;A;
BTW, DeadParrot, I have changed my mind and would rather have one of the Fluttershy boxes instead of the Vinyl Scratch whenever my name comes up.

@Twilitlord
And that's the last of the pegasi!

Onward!
<div class=spoiler title="Winner #9">

Lone K!

The Dashes may be gone, but you still have your pick of the remaining prizes!

Vinyl Funko Derpy
Metal Derpy ‘Lunchbox’
‘Friendship Express’ DVD
‘Royal Pony Wedding’ DVD

@Crimson
Got it.

@CrazyC
My thoughts exactly.
Then again, he might be… less than happy about leaving…

Last edited Apr 30, 2013 at 09:24PM EDT

Well I already have Dr. Whooves. It was honestly a struggle to choose between Derpy and Yellowquiet, but I've been excited for her ever since they announced the new line. I can always get a Derpy on my own, anyways.

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Twilitlord
And that's the last of the pegasi!

Onward!
<div class=spoiler title="Winner #9">

Lone K!

The Dashes may be gone, but you still have your pick of the remaining prizes!

Vinyl Funko Derpy
Metal Derpy ‘Lunchbox’
‘Friendship Express’ DVD
‘Royal Pony Wedding’ DVD

@Crimson
Got it.

@CrazyC
My thoughts exactly.
Then again, he might be… less than happy about leaving…

My hopes of getting one of those vinyls have… dashed away.

(I'm sorry, I had to.)

I'll take a Doctor Whooves vinyl.

@Lone

And another!
<div class=spoiler title="Winner #10">

xTSGx!

Your time has come!

Vinyl Funko Derpy
Metal Derpy ‘Lunchbox’
‘Friendship Express’ DVD
‘Royal Pony Wedding’ DVD

DeadParrot, I just don't know what to say. Really, where do I begin? First of all, thank you and yes I would love the Rainbow Dash figure. From this day forth, I will make sure that your generosity will not go unheard! I shall build a shrine in your name! eventually, maybe, probably not.

Now what am I going to tell my parents when the figure comes? They already know that I'm a brony, but how do I explain the fact that I received a gift from someone on the internet? Eh, I'll just tell them I bought it on e-bay or something. They'd believe me.

Welp, my chances for winning a vinyl figure went down significantly to nothing.

@xTSGx
Don't blame the stream for anything, procrastination is determination with unclear objectives.

@Crimson
I am glad that you enjoyed the stream,you are always welcome to join the stream again.

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 12:02AM EDT

Got behind on the comics again. Most recent issues I got were main series #5 and micro series #2. What has come out since then, and where can I see all of the available covers?

Last edited Apr 30, 2013 at 11:51PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

>TFW almost all vinyl figures gone

You bastards had better enjoy the shit out of your figures!

Oh my God. DeadParrot, what have you done? The light of your generosity has shown greed in Pony General! Your contest has brought chaos!

@Disturbed
No problem, but you're really making me want to write something incredibly creepy on the box just to freak your parents out.
How about "Hey, sexy. This is for you… MWAH!"
That should get them asking some questions!
There's a new king of chaos in town, bitch!

@Tim & Crimson

Well, technically, you still get soup, just maybe not the exact soup you originally wanted…
My analogous references suck…
(Anyone else think that Rarity makes a freaking perfect Elaine, though? Love it!)

@Edan
There used to be a really got Reddit thread that was tracking all the different covers but it apparently stopped updating a while back.
Best place to find them now seems to be EQD.
Just do a tag search for 'Official Comic': Or Click Here and Scroll Around
The most recent releases are #6 in the main series and micro #3 (Rarity), both of which coincidentally arrived today for me.
(Best Cover)

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 12:44AM EDT

I… I never realized how much of a perfect Elaine Rarity makes. Hell, I never thought I'd even say a sentence with Elaine and Rarity together.

Well, I guess any soup from the soup nazi is better than no soup.

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 12:47AM EDT

@Deadparrot222
Horseapples! This is what I get for only checking the forum twice a day.
Uh…um…so much pressure! I-It's like you're all staring at me, waiting for my answer!

I'll take the Doctor Whooves, which reminds me that I need to watch the next season

@Tim
I was slowly being driven insane only joking. Honest.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to spend the next twenty minutes figuring out how to send private messages. I hope it's like Fimfiction.

Spidervance wrote:

Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure posting with you.

>must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school.
>biggest challenge yet… high school.
>high school.

I don't need any more of that shit.

Spidervance wrote:

But what kind of pony would tear a hole in reality to reach a world of humans?

I- oh…
That works surprisingly well, actually…
Lyra Comstock confirmed for Equestria Girls antagonist!

@RandomMan

@Connor
Oh crap!
Hide!

(Yeah, I'm dong a little thing for my birthday last week, but I kind of already closed the entry period last Sunday so it wouldn't really be fair to throw more people into the mix at this point. Sorry…)

And on that note, it's time for the next name!

<div class=spoiler title="Winner #11">

Serious Business!

And your remaining choices are…

Vinyl Funko Derpy
Metal Derpy ‘Lunchbox’
‘Friendship Express’ DVD
‘Royal Pony Wedding’ DVD

Spidervance wrote:

I actually think this could end up being rather hilarious, either intentionally or unintentionally, rather than fandom ending.

Am I right, guys?… Guys? Where are you going?

Oh forget it, moving on

Come oooooon, RNG, momma needs a new Fluttershy mystery box!

A vinyl figure's a vinyl figure but the box could be anything! It could even be a vinyl figure! You know I've always wanted one of those!

Spidervance wrote:

"Who Must survive her biggest challenge yet… High school"
Oh god, I can just hear the cheezy movie trailer record scratch.

Also, high school is Twilight's biggest challenge? Not an evil nightmare god? Not the spirit of chaos? Not a shape shifting zombie bug? Not an evil fog monster with a stair fetish? The opposing cheer captain better be Satan and the jerk jock better be Cthulhu to back such a statement up. Celesta help us.

Last edited May 01, 2013 at 10:32PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!