Forums / Discussion / General

170,548 total conversations in 5,576 threads

+ New Thread

Over 500K images

Last posted Apr 25, 2013 at 06:40PM EDT. Added Apr 23, 2013 at 12:30PM EDT
31 posts from 21 users

Gaben The Troll wrote:

Congratulations, Know Your Meme! You’ve reached over 500,000 images!

Wow, she makes 486$ a day.

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:17PM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

Wow, she makes 486$ a day.

It’s clearly the baby that’s making that much. He’s renting himself out hourly to women who want babies but can’t have them for whatever reason.

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:23PM EDT

opspe wrote:

It’s clearly the baby that’s making that much. He’s renting himself out hourly to women who want babies but can’t have them for whatever reason.

That’s cool and all, but check that special encore for the Cinamon Challenge.

Last edited Apr 23, 2013 at 04:26PM EDT
Apr 23, 2013 at 04:26PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

That’s cool and all, but check that special encore for the Cinamon Challenge.

Nah man, that baby has all the attention. Just look at his face.

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:31PM EDT

450,000 including dupes

…What killjoy.

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:46PM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

Nah man, that baby has all the attention. Just look at his face.

People, we’re completely ignoring the most important part of this:

You can Like Know Your Meme on Facebook!

141 thousand people have already done it!

Last edited Apr 23, 2013 at 04:49PM EDT
Apr 23, 2013 at 04:48PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

People, we’re completely ignoring the most important part of this:

You can Like Know Your Meme on Facebook!

141 thousand people have already done it!

>yfw you moderate on a site that several of your friends visit and enjoy and they don’t even know

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:58PM EDT

Hey, look. My Little Pony is trending.

That never happens.

Apr 23, 2013 at 04:59PM EDT

There should be some prize to the person that uploads the one millionth image.

Apr 23, 2013 at 06:59PM EDT

I think you’re all missing out on the fact that we can share the gallery 178 times.

Apr 24, 2013 at 02:10AM EDT

That’s a lot of mine tiny forsaken horse pictures.

Apr 24, 2013 at 02:39AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

>yfw you moderate on a site that several of your friends visit and enjoy and they don’t even know

That’s pretty deep. My brother doesn’t even know I have an account. I’m not even joking when I say he’s been visiting my profile almost every day just to see my uploads because “hey! That Uber Mephisto guy likes Diablo!”.

I’ve been doing this for almost half a year now and I still haven’t told him.

Last edited Apr 24, 2013 at 02:42AM EDT
Apr 24, 2013 at 02:40AM EDT

Saporian wrote:

That’s a lot of mine tiny forsaken horse pictures.

You’re right, a quarter of that 500,000 is probably all MLP pictures. (Not really, but seems so possible).

And then there’s the duplicates…

Apr 24, 2013 at 03:02AM EDT

量子 Meme wrote:

You’re right, a quarter of that 500,000 is probably all MLP pictures. (Not really, but seems so possible).

And then there’s the duplicates…

Well, it is possible. Because there are more than 159,000 pony images in the MLP + Related Entries Gallery.

That’s about.. 32% of the website’s total image count. You’re not thinking too high, you’re thinking too low.

Apr 24, 2013 at 04:13AM EDT

@Uber

He can track that post through your profile. Careful, you could be leaving him a vital clue there.

@Crazy

You’re right. KYM is 1/3 poni

Apr 24, 2013 at 07:45AM EDT

I think there’s way too many pony images on KYM, there’s over 151 thousand pony images and more are being added every day. That’s way too much for one entry.

Apr 24, 2013 at 04:28PM EDT

SubjectNumber32 wrote:

I think there’s way too many pony images on KYM, there’s over 151 thousand pony images and more are being added every day. That’s way too much for one entry.

Maybe that just means the other entries are slackin’ :O

There honestly can’t be too many images as long as they’re related to the entry. The reason why we house so many MLP images is because KYM itself is a small brony hub. It’s a place where bronies intereact with each other as bronies and as friends. Many of those bronies upload images to the gallery.

Other entries simply don’t have a hub here like MLP. They lack the information on the entry to get people into the fandom, they lack an established community that enjoys the overall culture and freedom of KYM, they lack new and fresh content like FiM does, they lack interaction with the people putting together the product that is the focus on the subculture like with Tara Strong or Lauren Faust.

Considering all of those variables that other entries don’t have behind them, it’s apparent why the FiM gallery has so many more than any other one. But there’s nothing that needs to be done about it that hasn’t already been done.

Last edited Apr 24, 2013 at 05:00PM EDT
Apr 24, 2013 at 04:57PM EDT

Sonata Dusk wrote:

Well, it is possible. Because there are more than 159,000 pony images in the MLP + Related Entries Gallery.

That’s about.. 32% of the website’s total image count. You’re not thinking too high, you’re thinking too low.

When I wrote that, I wondered “should I try and check how many images there are in the MLP image gallery? … nah.”

But yes, that’s Know Your Pony for you.

wait, this isn’t know your pony?

Apr 24, 2013 at 05:09PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Uber

He can track that post through your profile. Careful, you could be leaving him a vital clue there.

@Crazy

You’re right. KYM is 1/3 poni

Once back in August of 2011 I went on a binge through the entire gallery when it was small enough to be able to binge through.

It was my defining moment as a brony.

Apr 24, 2013 at 05:44PM EDT

1st let me say photo stills actors/models don’t make that much for the day but they do make residuals so every time it’s used they get a percentage.
2nd hey my moon moon entry is trending
3rd ????
4th profit

Apr 24, 2013 at 08:18PM EDT

chowzburgerz wrote:

There should be some prize to the person that uploads the one millionth image.

It’d be particularly awesome if that, or the images surrounding it, were Cirno images.

Because the whole nineball thing.

Apr 25, 2013 at 04:49AM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Once back in August of 2011 I went on a binge through the entire gallery when it was small enough to be able to binge through.

It was my defining moment as a brony.

No one gives a shit about your tortured past if we go through tortured pasts I’m going first.

Apr 25, 2013 at 07:46AM EDT

Cale wrote:

No one gives a shit about your tortured past if we go through tortured pasts I’m going first.

I give a shit.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:43AM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

I give a shit.

Goo sir you give zero shits

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:49AM EDT

Ernest Is dead wrote:

Goo sir you give zero shits

Im no goo

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:54AM EDT

In the grim dark galleries of the 501st millennium there is only images. Images, and the laughter of thirsting mods.

Apr 25, 2013 at 02:37PM EDT

Cale wrote:

>Implying anyone gives a shit about your tortured past

Last edited Apr 25, 2013 at 03:52PM EDT
Apr 25, 2013 at 03:51PM EDT

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

Do you guys remember when there were only 10,000 images in the gallery?

Me neither.

Apr 25, 2013 at 06:40PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!