Forums / Discussion / General

168,606 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread


Response to Death Match: Goku vs. Superman; Goku May Lose, but He Really Shouldn't....5 Reasons Why

Last posted Apr 26, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT. Added Apr 26, 2013 at 04:53PM EDT
15 posts from 7 users

Observe this: Superman’s only advantage over Goku is the sun, and the ability to breath in outer space. In terms of output of power, speed, technique, skill….Goku FAR surpasses anything that Superman has ever been shown doing. Even tho, I DO think Superman can destroy the Earth in one strike with his body if he flew from high enough straight to the core. Now, Death Match used an unfair method of judging, putting Goku at early Saiyan saga vs Superman at the height of his power. A more fair method is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSm_hxskoqY. This works by matching age and time of their careers. Goku can withstand twice as much as Superman, which means that dish out several times more weight of force, and can withstand more g-force, which means greater speeds enabled.

Why do I think Superman SHOULD lose, assuming Superman has infinite power from the sun. 5 reasons:

1. Superman has been shown bleeding from hits of those who are FAR FAR weaker than Goku. Which means that he can receive damage and the sun just regenerates and refuels his body. Goku should be able to pour on enough damage to kill Superman should he keep the fight on the ground. Wouldn’t take very long either. Superman’s regeneration takes time, it happens quickly, but not instantly (as indicated many times from Superman comics and films--we see the sun working on him).

Even if it were instant: If he is taking damage, it means that one strong enough attack concentrated in the right area could kill. There is no doubt in my mind that Goku has enough power in him to take Superman’s ENTIRE BODY out in one shot. Vegeta fighting Goku before Namek Saga even started, had enough power to destroy earth with a concentrated attack aimed at the Earth’s core. Goku pushed the attack back, non-Super Saiyan. SSJ Goku fighting Cell was confirmed by Cell himself to possess enough power, and plenty more left over, to blow up the planet. SSJ2 level Cell could do that, survive, and then go on to destroy the entire Universe planet after planet. What do you think Goku SSJ3 can do? SSJ4?

2. Assuming Superman is just faking effect and injury from his brutal poundings, so long as there is a MAX charge to his power-up from the sun (that is a point where his body stops taking powerups because his body can’t handle anymore). Then all Goku has to do is do what Gohan, Goten, and Trunks did to Broly (one who’s insanity and rage metaphysically provides him with power increases that seem to have no roof on it), and blast his ass into the Sun. Just like in All-Star Superman, Superman will die.

3. Assuming that Superman has no top to his power up from the sun, replenishing power instantly and eternally; Goku can blast him into the abyssal part of the ocean, keeping a stream attack like the Kamehameha wave going until Superman loses power from no sunlight and is susceptible to the attack. I would say blast him into the core of the Earth and see if that works, but I am giving Superman the benefit of the doubt here, and Goku may overdue it (still can’t breathe in space).

4. Plain and simple: Superman is TETHERED to the sun for power. Instant. Trans. Mission. Goku can literally take the sun out of the Equation, and even if Superman is totally invulnerable on Earth, Goku can take him somewhere and let him wither. I know what you are thinking: Goku can take him somewhere with a different star or no star, sure…but how would he breathe? I’m sure he can borrow a space suit (maybe Bulma’s fam--the expert on intergalactic travel and tech), or like is shown in the anime and manga: Goku can hold his breathe for a VERY LONG TIME.

If he goes full-power, instant transmissions Superman, and then starts the trademark energy barrage on the new planet they go to…Superman is toast in a manner of minutes, possibly less. Just keep him pinned with attacks that don’t destroy the planet, holds Superman down, and just one blast can kill a normal man; which Superman will be shortly. Depending on how Otherworld gets its light, a Kai planet may be an even simpler solution.

5. Finally: Spirit Bomb Fusion. I’m not talking about charging the Bomb. In the DBZ movie Super Android 13, Goku was shown absorbing the Spirit Bomb which is itself a fusion of various forms of energy from nature, to include stars…it makes sense to suspect that Goku can simply absorb the sun, he can always remake it later after he’s killed Superman.

So why do I say Goku SHOULD be able to win, but may lose where-as Cell, Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks, Vegeta…well, a LOT of people may win easily? Because Goku, although a fighting genius, lacks scientific process smarts. That much I agree with. However, I think once he realizes his attacks are having no effect at all, which I don’t think that will be the case (in which case, this list stops at #1) that sun attack has made an appearance several times in the DBZ movies. He is likely to use the instant transmission hat trick he did on Cell to blast Superman towards the sun. He will notice Superman’s power-up and move from there…or if Superman is TRULY invulnerable; he will teleport to King Kai’s, get information on Superman, and then go back and beat Superman…in other words loss by retreat, just to come back and win easily. If he is being especially retarded that day: senzu beans will see to it that he survives long enough to get his epiphany, known as common sense to many other people.

Last edited Apr 26, 2013 at 05:32PM EDT
Apr 26, 2013 at 04:53PM EDT
Quote

Oh look, this thread again.

Quick reminder that no outside help was allowed (no King Kai or other characters equitment), and the characters would have zero knowledge on each other.

  1. implies that Goku knows Supermans source of energy, which as proven by the counter-mind reading, he wouldn’t be able to get that info in battle until Superman was baking himself. This also leaves out the possiblity of #3 and #4.

Also about #2, Superman can spend however much time he wants in there. He turned into an Omnipotent God after 10,000 years in it.

  1. That is just fan speculation and has no backing.
Last edited Apr 26, 2013 at 05:36PM EDT
Apr 26, 2013 at 05:35PM EDT
Quote

Nope, I literally made an account here just to post this, and found the picture on Google because it fit the topic. All of 2-3 minutes. But I was just wanted to put my two cents about the Goku vs. Superman thing, especially after the unfair fight depicted on the Death Match series. Personally, my favorite hero of all time is Batman. Who I think can outsmart and defeat anybody.

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:36PM EDT
Quote

Hey mosh DBZ is my favourite anime and I HATE superman with a burning passion but…

First superman is invincible so he can beat anyone (I am not saying that i support him but the stupid writer always make superman invincible) and coupled with the fact that Goku can die as well as that he mainly overcomes a tougher enemy. (Because Goku is just generally a better designed character)

So ignore any fight involving supes its pointless because he was designed to beat anybody (like when a kids play games and one says their little characters are invincible and can kill anything.

But with the Batman thing no. (Batman is my favourite DC hero and my 2nd favourite comic book hero) Batman as shown was defeated by Bane in their first encounter and although he is a worthy adversary of anyone who fights him some people defeat him if they have a advantage say flying. Batman could defeat anybody but not 100% of the time especially without preparation.

Apr 26, 2013 at 05:56PM EDT
Quote

Spider-byte wrote:

Hey mosh DBZ is my favourite anime and I HATE superman with a burning passion but…

First superman is invincible so he can beat anyone (I am not saying that i support him but the stupid writer always make superman invincible) and coupled with the fact that Goku can die as well as that he mainly overcomes a tougher enemy. (Because Goku is just generally a better designed character)

So ignore any fight involving supes its pointless because he was designed to beat anybody (like when a kids play games and one says their little characters are invincible and can kill anything.

But with the Batman thing no. (Batman is my favourite DC hero and my 2nd favourite comic book hero) Batman as shown was defeated by Bane in their first encounter and although he is a worthy adversary of anyone who fights him some people defeat him if they have a advantage say flying. Batman could defeat anybody but not 100% of the time especially without preparation.

Oh I meant to include with preparation. But you do have a point, if Superman or Goku busted into his mansion or even his cave and caught him unprepared, he’d be dead in a flash. I meant in regards to taking the fight to the enemy. That said, I don’t believe in invincible, but I see your point. There are times where Superman has been literally shot in the heart with Kryptonite (which is supposed to be able to kill him), and he still survived. I was just arguing that logically speaking, Superman stands a good chance at losing. But going by DC rules, nobody can beat Superman, ever.

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:02PM EDT
Quote

Wait
the whole Goku vs. Superman thing is actually like a serious argument on the Internet?
wow

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:27PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Oh look, this thread again.

Quick reminder that no outside help was allowed (no King Kai or other characters equitment), and the characters would have zero knowledge on each other.

  1. implies that Goku knows Supermans source of energy, which as proven by the counter-mind reading, he wouldn’t be able to get that info in battle until Superman was baking himself. This also leaves out the possiblity of #3 and #4.

Also about #2, Superman can spend however much time he wants in there. He turned into an Omnipotent God after 10,000 years in it.

  1. That is just fan speculation and has no backing.

I noticed that you left out my #1.

Also, this entire thing is pure speculation, and I speculate that Goku will try to blast Goku into the sun during the fight--gaining info. Unless he is being very stupid, which I admitted that that fits Goku’s profile well, which is why the post isn’t title “Death Match Full Of It! Goku Wins Indefinitely!”. I just said Goku stands a very good chance at winning. If he got the info, he can blow up the Sun, or instant transmission Superman away from the Sun and continue the fight. He doesn’t even have to leave the planet really.

As for 10,000 Omnipotent God Superman, unless Goku kept powering up for 10,000 years…impossible to beat.

Also: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-530111-dbz-more-powerful-than-you-think.html. Makes a good point:

Super Buu and Gotenks, both of whom are weaker than full-power SSJ3 Goku: create wormholes by screaming. Science confirms that it takes the combined energy of 10 billion stars in one year to create a wormhole.

It takes our sun a week to produce enough energy to destroy an earth sized planet.

If the fight happens at night, Goku can easily blow up the moon. In fact if Superman runs out of shade or towards a more sunlit area or side of the planet during the fight: that is a sooner dead give a way.

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:29PM EDT
Quote

I don’t think it’s that Goku can’t beat him just that in most circumstances superman will win. That being said in a situation were the two to a know fully about each over Goku gains a big advantage due superman’s weaknesses are deadly and severely hinder superman.

Anyway I assume you mean the official superman not a elseworld one.

Apr 26, 2013 at 06:59PM EDT
Quote

Mosh2013 wrote:

Observe this: Superman’s only advantage over Goku is the sun, and the ability to breath in outer space. In terms of output of power, speed, technique, skill….Goku FAR surpasses anything that Superman has ever been shown doing. Even tho, I DO think Superman can destroy the Earth in one strike with his body if he flew from high enough straight to the core. Now, Death Match used an unfair method of judging, putting Goku at early Saiyan saga vs Superman at the height of his power. A more fair method is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSm_hxskoqY. This works by matching age and time of their careers. Goku can withstand twice as much as Superman, which means that dish out several times more weight of force, and can withstand more g-force, which means greater speeds enabled.

Why do I think Superman SHOULD lose, assuming Superman has infinite power from the sun. 5 reasons:

1. Superman has been shown bleeding from hits of those who are FAR FAR weaker than Goku. Which means that he can receive damage and the sun just regenerates and refuels his body. Goku should be able to pour on enough damage to kill Superman should he keep the fight on the ground. Wouldn’t take very long either. Superman’s regeneration takes time, it happens quickly, but not instantly (as indicated many times from Superman comics and films--we see the sun working on him).

Even if it were instant: If he is taking damage, it means that one strong enough attack concentrated in the right area could kill. There is no doubt in my mind that Goku has enough power in him to take Superman’s ENTIRE BODY out in one shot. Vegeta fighting Goku before Namek Saga even started, had enough power to destroy earth with a concentrated attack aimed at the Earth’s core. Goku pushed the attack back, non-Super Saiyan. SSJ Goku fighting Cell was confirmed by Cell himself to possess enough power, and plenty more left over, to blow up the planet. SSJ2 level Cell could do that, survive, and then go on to destroy the entire Universe planet after planet. What do you think Goku SSJ3 can do? SSJ4?

2. Assuming Superman is just faking effect and injury from his brutal poundings, so long as there is a MAX charge to his power-up from the sun (that is a point where his body stops taking powerups because his body can’t handle anymore). Then all Goku has to do is do what Gohan, Goten, and Trunks did to Broly (one who’s insanity and rage metaphysically provides him with power increases that seem to have no roof on it), and blast his ass into the Sun. Just like in All-Star Superman, Superman will die.

3. Assuming that Superman has no top to his power up from the sun, replenishing power instantly and eternally; Goku can blast him into the abyssal part of the ocean, keeping a stream attack like the Kamehameha wave going until Superman loses power from no sunlight and is susceptible to the attack. I would say blast him into the core of the Earth and see if that works, but I am giving Superman the benefit of the doubt here, and Goku may overdue it (still can’t breathe in space).

4. Plain and simple: Superman is TETHERED to the sun for power. Instant. Trans. Mission. Goku can literally take the sun out of the Equation, and even if Superman is totally invulnerable on Earth, Goku can take him somewhere and let him wither. I know what you are thinking: Goku can take him somewhere with a different star or no star, sure…but how would he breathe? I’m sure he can borrow a space suit (maybe Bulma’s fam--the expert on intergalactic travel and tech), or like is shown in the anime and manga: Goku can hold his breathe for a VERY LONG TIME.

If he goes full-power, instant transmissions Superman, and then starts the trademark energy barrage on the new planet they go to…Superman is toast in a manner of minutes, possibly less. Just keep him pinned with attacks that don’t destroy the planet, holds Superman down, and just one blast can kill a normal man; which Superman will be shortly. Depending on how Otherworld gets its light, a Kai planet may be an even simpler solution.

5. Finally: Spirit Bomb Fusion. I’m not talking about charging the Bomb. In the DBZ movie Super Android 13, Goku was shown absorbing the Spirit Bomb which is itself a fusion of various forms of energy from nature, to include stars…it makes sense to suspect that Goku can simply absorb the sun, he can always remake it later after he’s killed Superman.

So why do I say Goku SHOULD be able to win, but may lose where-as Cell, Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks, Vegeta…well, a LOT of people may win easily? Because Goku, although a fighting genius, lacks scientific process smarts. That much I agree with. However, I think once he realizes his attacks are having no effect at all, which I don’t think that will be the case (in which case, this list stops at #1) that sun attack has made an appearance several times in the DBZ movies. He is likely to use the instant transmission hat trick he did on Cell to blast Superman towards the sun. He will notice Superman’s power-up and move from there…or if Superman is TRULY invulnerable; he will teleport to King Kai’s, get information on Superman, and then go back and beat Superman…in other words loss by retreat, just to come back and win easily. If he is being especially retarded that day: senzu beans will see to it that he survives long enough to get his epiphany, known as common sense to many other people.

Since it has been well over 30 minutes a few corrections:

Going by math:

Strength: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006021414306, now apply the youtube link’s math and you see Goku passes Superman up in power.

Speed: This should also mean Goku is faster than Superman.

Addition: Blowing up the sun is an option. If the fight took place at night or in the shade changes a lot as well.

1 more thing: Everything past #1 is assuming if you went with Goku up to the end of Dragon Ball Z. If you just went by height of power, unless Goku wished for immortality and kept fighting, or kept growing in power in Otherworld and then was wished back, or maybe if you count absorbing the Dragon Balls (wouldn’t that make him magic and infinite in power?), there is no way Goku could ever hope to match Superman Prime.

Apr 26, 2013 at 07:01PM EDT
Quote

Spider-byte wrote:

I don’t think it’s that Goku can’t beat him just that in most circumstances superman will win. That being said in a situation were the two to a know fully about each over Goku gains a big advantage due superman’s weaknesses are deadly and severely hinder superman.

Anyway I assume you mean the official superman not a elseworld one.

Yes, I did mean official, all things considered if you went by any form of Superman, Superman is in essence somebody who is not meant to be beaten. I used Superman Prime as an example. Unless Goku was given the same time to prepare, there is no way he could win, or anyone for that matter. Thanks, I should have mentioned that from the start.

Apr 26, 2013 at 07:08PM EDT
Quote

Mosh2013 wrote:

Since it has been well over 30 minutes a few corrections:

Going by math:

Strength: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006021414306, now apply the youtube link’s math and you see Goku passes Superman up in power.

Speed: This should also mean Goku is faster than Superman.

Addition: Blowing up the sun is an option. If the fight took place at night or in the shade changes a lot as well.

1 more thing: Everything past #1 is assuming if you went with Goku up to the end of Dragon Ball Z. If you just went by height of power, unless Goku wished for immortality and kept fighting, or kept growing in power in Otherworld and then was wished back, or maybe if you count absorbing the Dragon Balls (wouldn’t that make him magic and infinite in power?), there is no way Goku could ever hope to match Superman Prime.

First off I would like to apologize befor I post this: I watched a breakdown summary of Death Match before I watched the actual video. I had no idea that the video in its entirety would so thoroughly prove my points.

The last piece to this: when I say pitting early Saiyan-saga goku against Superman at height of powers, I meant simply that they misused that early Saiyan information. They way they used it, the Snake Way reference for speed as a base is inaccurate at best. One simplistic reason is this: Goku as Normal Saiyan got much much stronger before he even went SSJ to begin with, and much much faster too. Making the method I depicted here better. He also continues to get stronger as normal Saiyan as the years past, so does his SSJ forms, his power keeps growing. They depicted Goku’s speed as static and included all of Superman’s increases. As for their power estimation on Goku: 40 tons? 40 tons xs 10s gravity is 400 tons for starters, also--same flaw as snake way. The method depicted in youtube, and my ratoinale are the most accurate and fair way to judge. After all, Superman can hold a black hole in his hand, but science points out that a black hole cannot create a wormhole. I mentioned this in a response to a Natsuru Springfield’s comment, but SSJ3 has MORE than enough power to create a wormhole just from vocal vibrations alone. I opted to go with the method that takes it to its simplest equations basd on year and time of career, however if you use the star theory as an indicator, pretty much everything under Superman Prime is beat.

1 more thing, although I caution you it is long: http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-battle-erred-goku-vs-superman.

Ooooonnnneeeemmmmoooooorrrreeeethiiiiiiiiiiiinngggg!!!!(Jacki Chan Adventures, Uncle Reference)
The only way for Goku to lose is his own stupidity, I maintain that. That said, Goku does not need intense focus to instant transmission out of the way of Superman’s final blast in that video. Goku may be pretty stupid at the start of DBZ, but he showed an increase in intellect as the show goes on, enough to move to a location where the earth can survive, instant out of the attack, destroy the sun or go to go to a place with no sun. Game Over. Proof: This is what he did to Cell, replace Cell with the Sun or Superman as a target…hell, if Superman was indeed taking damage: you saw how out of it Super was after the final attack in that vid. Instant Transmit out the way, Fusion Bomb Fused Kamehameha (which ironically enough, Natsuru says is just speculation but both I and the Death Match team see the simple science behind it making it possible [Goku’s body can take it too, he is already a lot of times more powerful than our sun]), and BAM. Roasted Kryptonian. Also, Goku will use that full bag of Senzu beans he had IN THE VIDEO, if it means saving the world and he were the only one who could do it. He recieved help to fight Kid Buu did he not? Goku’s maturity was taken out of the equation as well, Death Match was bias.

Laaaaaaaaaaast thing! If you want to be hyper-realistic (ignoring the fact that we are talking about cartoon characters). The fight would’ve ended in a draw when Goku and Superman realize they are not a threat to one another. Even if they fought just to fight, they would never have gone all the way.

Last edited Apr 26, 2013 at 09:08PM EDT
Apr 26, 2013 at 09:02PM EDT
Quote

Here’s what got me to switch from Goku to Superman. And believe me, I was hardcore for Goku.

Superman can move faster than Goku can think.

Apr 26, 2013 at 09:07PM EDT
Quote

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Here’s what got me to switch from Goku to Superman. And believe me, I was hardcore for Goku.

Superman can move faster than Goku can think.

As a practictioner of martial arts for 15 years, I have won fights against several people at time using my honed instincts and my sixth sense (which I define as just closeness to my subconscious, really it is all 5, mainly the ears, eyes and touch. Sense speed, which is always faster than the body by a lot, also scales with body speed. If I can keep up with myself moving at top speed, and I can, things that seem too fast for normal people are painfully slow to me. I speak of experience and science.) Those who are skeptical google muscle memory, and Mushin-state of no mind.

One time when I got out of my “zone” I found I was thinking about what I would do with the rest of my day as I was taking down the last guy with flawlessly executed moves and doges. From that moment on, now if I am a good level above the person I am fighting, I can think about how to make him do what I want him to do while instinctually defending myself against his attacks. It is simple. Goku as I pointed out, is faster than Superman, and he doesn’t need to think to beat him, and if he is fast enough (he is), he can come up with a strategy in time, slow as he is.

Apr 26, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!