Forums / Discussion / General

169,927 total conversations in 5,440 threads

+ New Thread

Rockstar Games General

Last posted May 10, 2013 at 07:47AM EDT. Added May 05, 2013 at 05:54AM EDT
30 posts from 13 users

Talk about any and all things related to Grand Theft Auto.

Here are the new trailers in case you haven’t seen ’em.

All aboard the hype train, woo woo!

May 05, 2013 at 05:54AM EDT

Here’s a story for you. Me and by friend were playing GTA SA with flying cars and chaos mode on. We turned off chaos mode and said “Everything’s back to normal”. Just as we said it, a police car flew over an ambulance and into a building.
Also, this happens to me EVERY FUCKING TIME

May 05, 2013 at 06:26AM EDT

Yo Franklin is my nigga. Check it:

He be dealin’ with real shit, tryna get out the ghetto, tryna survive. My kinda dude.

You ain’t gotta like it
CAUSE THE HOOD GON’ LOVE IT

May 05, 2013 at 11:05AM EDT

COUSIN, LET’S GO BOWLING!!

or…

BIG AMERICAN TITTIES!!!

May 05, 2013 at 11:51AM EDT

I’m pretty excited for GTA V. San Andreas is one of my favorite games of all time. I got a question for you guys: What’s the first thing you’re going to do in GTA V (besides killing people)? The first thing I’m gonna do is go to CJ’s house.

May 05, 2013 at 01:51PM EDT

GTA is my favorite drinking game. Steal a car, smash it up, take a drink. Though most of the time we just play it to jump cars over ramps which gets harder the more you drink. I also still have very fond memories of GTA2

Can we also talk about Saints Row here? Because it’s almost the same thing but with more comic ridiculousness

May 05, 2013 at 04:33PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

GTA is my favorite drinking game. Steal a car, smash it up, take a drink. Though most of the time we just play it to jump cars over ramps which gets harder the more you drink. I also still have very fond memories of GTA2

Can we also talk about Saints Row here? Because it’s almost the same thing but with more comic ridiculousness

Sure, Saints Row is a GTA clone so I guess it counts as related.

May 06, 2013 at 12:58AM EDT

I was playing sr3 with my friend. I rc a car. He jumps in, halfway in the window I blow it up. He ded

May 06, 2013 at 08:55AM EDT

Trevor>Michael>Franklin

That’s how I’m ranking the protagonists of GTA V.

May 06, 2013 at 04:22PM EDT

Let’s just talk about Saints Row and Saints Row 2, anything beyond 2 is not worth talking about.

May 06, 2013 at 04:35PM EDT

I haven’t played any GTA (Yet). But I played Red Dead Redempion, which is pretty much the same thing. But I’ll play GTA 5. I must!

It’s a great game!

@markhaox14: That’s from Saints Row the Third. I know because the guy dressed as a Saint Flow can.

May 06, 2013 at 08:42PM EDT

@ Bruno
Yeah, it was… and oh… God… you had me speechless at Red Dead Redemption… the single greatest open world game in my opinion. Can we talk about any Rockstar game here, or is it limited to only Saints Row and GTA?

May 06, 2013 at 08:51PM EDT

@Markhaox14: I think It could be Rockstar Games general, more things to talk about.
Also, L.A. Noire was an ok game.

May 06, 2013 at 09:06PM EDT

Does anyone still play this online? I sure as hell do… hunting cougars, bears, wolves… it’s great!

Until they kill me. As for the story… well…

I cried when I finished the game, and when I got to play the true last mission, I finally understood the meaning of “Redemption” in the title.

And it sucked how much you couldn’t go back as John! Jack sounds kind of whiny in my opinion, but he was a good back-up to John overall.
Last edited May 08, 2013 at 05:04PM EDT
May 08, 2013 at 05:00PM EDT

Laud Piestrings wrote:

Does anyone still play this online? I sure as hell do… hunting cougars, bears, wolves… it’s great!

Until they kill me. As for the story… well…

I cried when I finished the game, and when I got to play the true last mission, I finally understood the meaning of “Redemption” in the title.

And it sucked how much you couldn’t go back as John! Jack sounds kind of whiny in my opinion, but he was a good back-up to John overall.

I still play RDR every now and then. I hate those damn cougars.

Dat spoiler. I know that feel.

Last edited May 08, 2013 at 06:52PM EDT
May 08, 2013 at 06:50PM EDT

If we’re talking about Rockstar games in general, then I wanna talk about Bully. Rockstar has made some of my favorite games of all time: San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, and Bully. What makes Bully so special? For one thing, it’s pretty much GTA but in a school setting. Control is good. Gameplay is fun. The size of this game isn’t as big as other Rockstar games, but it gets the job done. I think what I like most about this game is all the characters. You run into so many characters in this game and none of them are clones of one another. I mean, sure, some characters like the jocks act the same, but at least they all look different. My personal favorite character of this game is the main villain, Gary. He’s not only my favorite character of the game, he’s one of my favorite villains of all time. Why? Because he’s an asshole. You can see it from the moment you first meet him. Gary is a deceiver. He acts like he’s on your side only to betray you later. And he does this with pretty much everyone. Why does he do this?

Some men just want to watch the school burn.

May 08, 2013 at 07:08PM EDT

Why must everyone whine about EA when we can talk about hiw awesome rockstar is?

May 08, 2013 at 07:41PM EDT

Count Cheska the Bestka wrote:

I’m starting to wonder if Trevor is related to Seth from Red Dead.

This is now my headcanon.

May 08, 2013 at 10:14PM EDT

@Sonic

I canonized the new topic for you.

@Disturbed

Bully? Wasn’t that the game that came under heavy fire from parental groups for “supporting schoolyard violence” (although I hear it didn’t) and was banned…almost everywhere?

@Rimshot

People enjoy whining more than they enjoy praising.

May 09, 2013 at 01:05AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Sonic

I canonized the new topic for you.

@Disturbed

Bully? Wasn’t that the game that came under heavy fire from parental groups for “supporting schoolyard violence” (although I hear it didn’t) and was banned…almost everywhere?

@Rimshot

People enjoy whining more than they enjoy praising.

True, anybody else remember midnight club 3? I loved that game. I even like it more than the new one.

May 09, 2013 at 01:09AM EDT

Disturbed B wrote:

If we’re talking about Rockstar games in general, then I wanna talk about Bully. Rockstar has made some of my favorite games of all time: San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, and Bully. What makes Bully so special? For one thing, it’s pretty much GTA but in a school setting. Control is good. Gameplay is fun. The size of this game isn’t as big as other Rockstar games, but it gets the job done. I think what I like most about this game is all the characters. You run into so many characters in this game and none of them are clones of one another. I mean, sure, some characters like the jocks act the same, but at least they all look different. My personal favorite character of this game is the main villain, Gary. He’s not only my favorite character of the game, he’s one of my favorite villains of all time. Why? Because he’s an asshole. You can see it from the moment you first meet him. Gary is a deceiver. He acts like he’s on your side only to betray you later. And he does this with pretty much everyone. Why does he do this?

Some men just want to watch the school burn.

That game gave me a little too much freedom… but I didn’t care…

Nah! It was awesome how fun it was to, forgive me for saying, beat up the assistant principal over and over again while the guards chased me on the third bar level! As for Gary, well…

F*ck him… f*ck that slimy piece of sh*t! He was an excellent villain, and I actually hated him (and Edgar Ross).

May 09, 2013 at 08:04AM EDT

So about GTA… a title they should make is this one…

You guys remember this? I couldn’t stop laughing at the penguin randomly getting blasted by the walrus! I felt terrible, but it was hilarious!

May 09, 2013 at 01:40PM EDT

Omomon wrote:

Fuck everything about that mission.

Yea, and the mission were you had to chase a dude on a bike with someone else on your bike. I forget what it was, i havent played in ages.

May 10, 2013 at 07:19AM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

Yea, and the mission were you had to chase a dude on a bike with someone else on your bike. I forget what it was, i havent played in ages.

Here lies The Playstation 2
A true revolutionary in gaming
Should be widely considered the best era in gaming in a while
His almighty cwhing noise will always live on
Good night sweet prince

May 10, 2013 at 07:47AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!