Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

New Xbox WILL NOT be online only.

Last posted May 08, 2013 at 08:02PM EDT. Added May 07, 2013 at 06:12AM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

Twenty-One wrote:

I'm more curious about that pre-owned game ban there's been rumors about.

This is a much more pressing issue. If the industry were to ban used games, it would be a much greater shot in the foot than "always online."

I'm sure we all own used games. Buying older games in a series will definitely inspire gamers to buy the next iteration of the series. It's a proven system and they'd be fools to mess with it.

Fridge wrote:

This is a much more pressing issue. If the industry were to ban used games, it would be a much greater shot in the foot than "always online."

I'm sure we all own used games. Buying older games in a series will definitely inspire gamers to buy the next iteration of the series. It's a proven system and they'd be fools to mess with it.

The Pre-owned games thing is so drastic, I'm confident that if hey implemented it, it would take Microsoft out the competition. Then with Ninty (Yes I call them Ninty, deal with it) admittedly doing a shody performance with Wii U, it'll just be PS4 and Valve competing. BUT THAT'S ANOTHER THREAD ENTIRELY. Take a look at this blog post. In it, THQ (R.I.P.) developer argues that the idea is a good thing. He basically states why the pre-owned games market is so damaging, and that we don't understand the great loss it causes. It's good to read if you want a developer's point of view.
On a less serious note, just imagine in the future when people will want to collect these consoles. "I want an Xbox 720 with Halo and Elder Scrolls" "Too bad, the only Xbox 720 available comes with Call of Duty and Madden"
You can't even buy the games new because they're out of production.

I think they're just throwing those things out there. Ya know, the reason you leak something is so you can gauge your customers reaction to the idea. This also goes along with the removal of pre owned games but i would think AGAIN this is just to test everyones thoughts because of the big launch of a new console and being under a microscope in this case. If they get a reaction this bad like they have gotten they're like OH SHIT FUCK FIX IT

Last edited May 08, 2013 at 11:47AM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

I'm more curious about that pre-owned game ban there's been rumors about.

Remember when pre-owned books destroyed the industry?

Remember when pre-owned cars destroyed the industry?

Yep, neither do I.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!