Forums / Discussion / General

232,893 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Touhou 14 announced

Last posted Jun 09, 2013 at 04:29AM EDT. Added May 11, 2013 at 07:49AM EDT
54 posts from 7 users

Oh sweet! Can't wait! And Zun's drawing is almost to an amateurs level finally.

Though I am not certain if I can survive a 2 week wait. n_n;;

Last edited May 11, 2013 at 03:21PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Oh sweet! Can't wait! And Zun's drawing is almost to an amateurs level finally.

Though I am not certain if I can survive a 2 week wait. n_n;;

That's just for the demo. Actual game is going to take a while, 13.5 isn't even out yet.
The demo comes out on the same day as 13.5

Katie C. wrote:

That's just for the demo. Actual game is going to take a while, 13.5 isn't even out yet.
The demo comes out on the same day as 13.5

Oh! Didn't catch the 13.5 release date either. This is going to be a fun end-month.

Though I might wait for the 13.5 translation patch, as I am more in it for the story mode.

Oh! Didn't catch the 13.5 release date either. This is going to be a fun end-month.

Though I might wait for the 13.5 translation patch, as I am more in it for the story mode.

Knowing the fans, it will take less than a month.

By the way…did you know that Touhou's resolution will be doubled in 14?

@Katie: Well it's about time he upped the resolution.

Hm… from what I can see, 14 will have:

~3 Characters with 3 styles each, so 9 possible styles. Unfortunately half of these will likely be throwaway gimmicky ones.
~A scoring system similar to 11's GrazexPoint multiplier, minus the Communications Gauge.
~Weapon Power Scale still using 12 and 13's ratio, you probably won't be able to get to full power until Stage 2's boss, and regaining lost power will be a bitch until stage 4 or 5.
~Life and Bomb parts seem to be the same as 13's, but a little less hard to assemble. (The screenshot shows 3 parts required to make a full life. Though I assume the cost of each one will still be exponential)

Kinda interested in how the "Weapons Acting Up" thing will work out. Will we end up fighting the people who made the weapons? Hakurei God and Rinnosuke anyone?

Last edited May 11, 2013 at 04:34PM EDT

Might as well make this a general Touhou game thread, since I wouldn't want to make a whole new thread just for it. But yeah, let's talk Hopeless Masquerade too.

Here is the link to the game's site
Up until the game's release on May 26th, a new character will be revealed from the roster.
So far, we've got:
Reimu Hakurei
Marisa Kirasame
Ichirin Kumoi(And Unzan)
Byakuren Hijiri
Mononobe no Futo
Toyosatomimi no Miko
Nitori Kawashiro

Nitori's most powerful attack seems quite familiar to something else…

Yeah, Nitori confirmed for top tier

Katie C. wrote:

Is it bad if I still don't know the names of the characters in Touhou 13?

Miko and Futo still fly over my head from time to time. Seiga and Yoshika I remember well 'cause they're awesome.

BTW, it's been stated that the final characters will be announced on the game's release date at Reitaisai 10, though it's pretty much confirmed that one of them will be Mamizou.

Due to time zone shenanigans, the game and demo will be released, ripped, and uploaded online any time starting in about an hour or so.

Now excuse me. I need to go bounce off the walls for a bit.

Due to time zone shenanigans, the game and demo will be released, ripped, and uploaded online any time starting in about an hour or so.

Now excuse me. I need to go bounce off the walls for a bit.

If you get links before me, please post.

Crap, didn't read that until I was done downloading.

What was in there was a handful of fake copy-cat games and a virus. Didn't extract it, but going to pc cleaner my laptop anyways just to be certain. >_<

Well, guess it will be leaked in the 9 hours I sleep.

Link for people that can't use Mega

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=569178&uk=1879153513

Also, could a mod remove the fake links please?

And here's link to to 14 demo

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vndihazus6igjj7/th14tr%283%29.rar

Ok, so far it seems like getting life and bomb pieces has something to do with going to the top of the screen, also spell cards. Sometimes when I complete a spell card or segment I get a bomb or life piece, but I'm not sure how it's decided. Also, sometimes after killing lots of enemies or something and going to the top of the screen I get a life piece, or a bomb piece. I'm not sure how it's decided.

Not certain what's wrong, but 14 refuses to load for me, even when I run it though Applocal.

On the other hand, when I ran 13.5 though Applocal I managed to get past the final boss crash glitch. So at least this program works for something.

I beat the demo on Hard. This game….it's very difficult.

Also, if you charge the top of the screen when a bunch of powerups are on screen, you get a bomb piece. It seems the more powerups there are, the more likely you are to get a life piece.

Not certain what's wrong, but 14 refuses to load for me, even when I run it though Applocal.

On the other hand, when I ran 13.5 though Applocal I managed to get past the final boss crash glitch. So at least this program works for something.

Are you trying to run it in full screen at the highest resolution?

Katie C. wrote:

Are you trying to run it in full screen at the highest resolution?

I tried all the possible combinations so far, and it just crashes when it attempts to start.

I tried all the possible combinations so far, and it just crashes when it attempts to start.

Try 640×480 and check both boxes.
Run AppLocale. I'm not sure if that matters though.

Finally got it to work. I had to remove all the Japanese Letters from the folder.

I haven't beaten it on normal yet, but I was mainly focusing on testing the shot styles and bombs. Marisa's flame thrower is Awesome, as is the Dark Master Spark. And I see Zun's coding knowledge has allowed Sakuya to gain more accurate Dio characteristics (row of knifes stop before all hitting the target at once).

The Bonus System is probably my favorite in the series actually. It makes that venture to the top of the screen more satisfying.

Finally got it to work. I had to remove all the Japanese Letters from the folder.

I haven't beaten it on normal yet, but I was mainly focusing on testing the shot styles and bombs. Marisa's flame thrower is Awesome, as is the Dark Master Spark. And I see Zun's coding knowledge has allowed Sakuya to gain more accurate Dio characteristics (row of knifes stop before all hitting the target at once).

The Bonus System is probably my favorite in the series actually. It makes that venture to the top of the screen more satisfying.

By the way, without weapons, you get more items.

WarriorTang wrote:

Don't worry about the bugs. They've assigned Komachi to fix the software and Yuuka to manage the release schedule, so everything's going to be OK!

So the fixer will slack off, and the supervisor will torture her with passion…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!