Forums / Discussion / General

170,912 total conversations in 5,485 threads

+ New Thread

I feel like Adult Swim bumps are getting wierder.

Last posted May 21, 2013 at 10:09AM EDT. Added May 20, 2013 at 02:06PM EDT
14 posts from 11 users

Yeah, exactly what it says on the tin. I recently got satellite hooked up after a few years without it and noticed the bumps (Not the white text on black screens, but the actual commercials or whatever, I don’t know the actual word for them) have gotten bizzare and irrelevant, to the point of just being disturbing. Discuss?

May 20, 2013 at 02:06PM EDT

What are you…

…talking about?

I haven’t noticed…

…any type of pseudo-subliminal messaging or anything.

May 20, 2013 at 02:29PM EDT

Yeah, it’s mostly those DAMN OWLS but the kids in the clown makeup kinda haunt my dreams too. Are those scenes with the kids taken from something, like a movie, or were they filmed for the purpose of making the bumps?

May 20, 2013 at 02:31PM EDT

I dunno for sure, but I’d assume they were filmed for Adult Swim. Rather, I hope they were, because man are they disturbing to me.

May 20, 2013 at 02:58PM EDT

Cyriak makes some of these? I am just so shocked.

Actually, I am kinda shocked they ever let that man make things to be viewed by the open public

May 20, 2013 at 04:38PM EDT

Patrick wrote:

I dunno for sure, but I’d assume they were filmed for Adult Swim. Rather, I hope they were, because man are they disturbing to me.

Actually, they’re part of an educational film for kids from the seventies about bullying and how it distorts your (the kids watching) image. Weird stuff, man.

Anyway, I like a lot of AS bumps. Owls and weird kids aside, I think they give the whole network a distinct, no-rush, trippy vibe. And I think they rule. The Boards of Canada ad they recently put out smacks much more of their older, more chill, but still nonsensical bumps.

May 20, 2013 at 08:53PM EDT

So Escher’s in charge of their marketing department now?

May 20, 2013 at 10:36PM EDT

This bump was played late at night. Old, but still love it.

Only 4 days without sleep so far, 26 more to go.

Last edited May 20, 2013 at 11:45PM EDT
May 20, 2013 at 11:43PM EDT

Ben, you finally made a post that made me proud. I never thought you’d do it you saucy bastard. That was what I was going to post.

May 20, 2013 at 11:48PM EDT

Adult Swim has ALWAYS been weird. It’s programming for pot-heads and insomniacs, and it works well.

May 21, 2013 at 05:37AM EDT

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Actually, they’re part of an educational film for kids from the seventies about bullying and how it distorts your (the kids watching) image. Weird stuff, man.

Anyway, I like a lot of AS bumps. Owls and weird kids aside, I think they give the whole network a distinct, no-rush, trippy vibe. And I think they rule. The Boards of Canada ad they recently put out smacks much more of their older, more chill, but still nonsensical bumps.

Dude, that’s trippy. Even worse is the CG characters popping up in the background… ugh. But, I have to agree with you on the second part. I love the overall sarcasm of the bumps, and it’s nice to know that they haven’t really changed.

EDIT: Wow, I just looked at our page for Cyriak and found out that I’ve actually seen one of his videos when it aired on Adult Swim. It was the bottom right one in the video gallery. It aired during the Evangelion movie a few weeks ago.

Last edited May 21, 2013 at 10:12AM EDT
May 21, 2013 at 10:09AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!