Forums / Discussion / General

170,436 total conversations in 5,571 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Summer Vidya Games Reading General

Last posted May 20, 2013 at 10:26PM EDT. Added May 20, 2013 at 09:21PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

Since i was not wlecomed inthe kym summer reading general with my skyrim books i have decided to make my own thread. Aame concept as the other one just with vidya game books. (Most likely skyrim books) feel free to post a good vidya game book. Hope this works!

May 20, 2013 at 09:21PM EDT

It wasn’t that you weren’t welcome in the thread, Rimshot. It was more along the lines of your post not being particularly relevant to the discussion. We were talking more along the lines of choosing books to read for a sort of Summer Book Club kind of activity rather than in-game lore kind of stuff.

The person who started that thread started another one for the first book that we’re going to read right here with links to where you can download an e-version of it, if you’d like to take part in the book club. I’d certainly like to see as many people as possible take part in it.

But on-topic, quite a few of the books in Oblivion were pretty cool to read through. It definitely gave the world of the game a more life-like aspect to it.

Last edited May 20, 2013 at 09:55PM EDT
May 20, 2013 at 09:45PM EDT

This is both a tangent and relavent at the same time, but would anybody like to do a book club sort’ve thing, but instead of books or books about vidya, we just play vidya?

I know it’d be a bit difficult, because it’s not like everyone has every console known to man so the game choices would be limited to multiplats or emulated games, but I think it could be fun nonetheless. If you’re interested, shoot me a PM because I’d be more than willing to orchestrate it if I had enough people.

Back on the subject at hand, I’ve never really read too many books written about games, with some exceptions. I read a book about Doomguy when I was a wee lad, and I read a Resident Evil book or two, as well. Other than those, I really haven’t ever had much interest, seeing as I play games for their own inherent storylines, but I could totally see where their appeal lies. If they made Silent Hill novels I’d read the heck out’ve them, after all.

(…wait, they actually have those?)

May 20, 2013 at 10:26PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!