Forums / Discussion / General

171,243 total conversations in 5,612 threads

+ New Thread

Xbox One General

Last posted Jun 21, 2013 at 04:53PM EDT. Added May 21, 2013 at 07:45PM EDT
125 posts from 48 users

Thoughts on the new console? Pros and cons and stuff. I personally really like it. There’s a few things I don’t agree with, but I don’t like all the hate. E3 hasn’t even happened yet, and people are saying that what has been announced is all there is to the console

May 21, 2013 at 07:45PM EDT

Most of it is social media stuff and not being depended on what a console really is for, GAMING. There could possibly be more to it then just what they’ve announced so far. Then again, I haven’t really kept up with console gaming because Dota 2 has been keeping me addicted.

May 21, 2013 at 07:57PM EDT

That is such a dumb name for it they should’ve just called it the xbox 720.

May 21, 2013 at 08:02PM EDT

Omomon wrote:

That is such a dumb name for it they should’ve just called it the xbox 720.

I think Xbox Infinity sounded cooler.

May 21, 2013 at 08:03PM EDT

Why do they call it X-Box One?

Because when you see it you turn one pi-radian and walk away.

May 21, 2013 at 08:11PM EDT

I think it’s funny how Adam Orth lost his job defending a feature the console doesn’t even have. What a jackass.

May 21, 2013 at 08:31PM EDT

Le Bumpkin wrote:

I think Xbox Infinity sounded cooler.

I agree.
Xbox 720 and Xbox One are both stupid. The only thing to make Xbox One sound more stupid is that we now have to be careful in referencing the Original Xbox.

Also the only thing that can possibly make me even consider buying this console is if I get to play multiplayer for free, none of this Xbox Live Gold bullshit.

May 21, 2013 at 09:07PM EDT
I personally really like it.

Can anybody give me a single reason to pay for Xbox Live anymore? Also, this.

I think it’s funny how Adam Orth lost his job defending a feature the console doesn’t even have.

It may not have to be “always on”, but the new Xbox will apparently have to connect to the internet at least once every day to play games.

Also, from what I’ve heard you need to pay an extra fee to “unlock” a used game for play. So much for sharing games with friends.

May 21, 2013 at 09:08PM EDT

Because you take one look and turn away.

May 21, 2013 at 09:28PM EDT

Don’t give a damn. There’s enough good games on older consoles that I haven’t played yet.

May 21, 2013 at 09:46PM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Because you take one look and turn away.

Why do they call you Wsxdas?

Because stop.

May 21, 2013 at 10:12PM EDT

I have many images I could be posting here, but I will go with this one:

That’s Sony’s stock after the announcement.

May 21, 2013 at 10:33PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Why do they call you Wsxdas?

Because stop.

Why do they call it the X-Box One?

Because that’s how many games it has.

May 21, 2013 at 10:55PM EDT

That once a day internet issue…

ONCE A DAY internet connection.

This will cause more problems than intended. Xbox needs to have a better E3 display, or else this console race will easily be won by Sony…IF they can make their PS4 look awesome.

May 21, 2013 at 11:02PM EDT

Said this in the other thread, but it seems that this generation is cursed to have one slow ass start in terms of game lineup.

Wii U doesn’t even have 100 games out for it yet (at retail anyways).
PS4 has 26 games announced, but seeing how much work is demanded to make theses games they are all going to bleed out to retail slowly.
And Xbox 1… wait, did they announce games at all? Can’t find a list anywhere…

Last edited May 21, 2013 at 11:07PM EDT
May 21, 2013 at 11:06PM EDT

>doesn’t name the 360 “Xbox 2” because they fear it will sound inferior to the ps3
>names the next Xbox “Xbox 1” while competing with the ps4.

What? No seriously……. What?

May 21, 2013 at 11:09PM EDT

In all seriousness, though, I think it’ll be somewhat of a lemon. According to that article, it has zero backwards-compatibility (Really, MS?) and Kinect is a mandatory accessory. I’m just gonna wait for Steam Box to come out.

May 21, 2013 at 11:17PM EDT

> No backwards compatibility
> Requires internet connection once a day to play games
> Calling it Xbox ONE!!!!!?

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 12:04AM EDT
May 22, 2013 at 12:04AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Said this in the other thread, but it seems that this generation is cursed to have one slow ass start in terms of game lineup.

Wii U doesn’t even have 100 games out for it yet (at retail anyways).
PS4 has 26 games announced, but seeing how much work is demanded to make theses games they are all going to bleed out to retail slowly.
And Xbox 1… wait, did they announce games at all? Can’t find a list anywhere…

May 22, 2013 at 12:05AM EDT

- forced to have kinect
- no backwards compatibility
- has to check-in to M$ servers once a day to play games
- pay a fee for used games (cannot bring a game i own and play multiplayer at a friends house unless they pay for it or i bring my console over)
- more focus on TV and social media than games for a GAME console
- still have to pay for XBOX Live subscription for the privilege of using my own internet connection when PS4/PC/WiiU are all free
- no interesting exclusive games (Halo TV is not a game)

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 06:50AM EDT
May 22, 2013 at 06:49AM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

GoingMenthol wrote:

- forced to have kinect
- pay a fee for used games (cannot bring a game i own and play multiplayer at a friends house unless they pay for it or i bring my console over)
- still have to pay for XBOX Live subscription for the privilege of using my own internet connection when PS4/PC/WiiU are all free

Kinect isnt bad when your a lazy bastard

May 22, 2013 at 07:14AM EDT

I’m not impressed, then again i didn’t expect much anyways. I think they’re truely straying from traditional gaming and what i know is gamers don’t like change, why do you think they always say every call of duty sucks?
Yeah anyway i like what the ps4 showed so i’m very much leaning for that as of now.

May 22, 2013 at 07:38AM EDT

with all those social media options…

…social media options

…social…
____
i cant find much appeal. i think the name is decent though HTC and Pepsi have Ones as
well.

either way, it’s always nice to see changes .

~Sent from my GameGEAR

May 22, 2013 at 08:12AM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Why do they call it the X-Box One?

Because that’s how many games it has.

hey guys

hey

hey guys

i got a joke guys

hehe

May 22, 2013 at 12:01PM EDT

So instead of always on you still tell us we must login at least once a day play games. How’s that any difference, you’re still fucking up areas of people with bad internet. Plus a possible younger audience (parents don’t always prefer to give their kids access to the web). Sure, for most of us 24 hours really isn’t any big deal, but I’m still confused why they would neglect that part of the market. The fuck M$.

I’m an Xbox gamer, but you’re making it real hard for me to stay that M$. I want to play games, not shout at my thing to post on Twitter what I’m playing.

It was confirmed that this presentation would be solely about the Box, and that E3 would be all games. So I’m going to be patient and wait for the E3. But if the E3’s turning out into a Kinect Festival (although some of the new features of that fucker are interesting), I’m switching to a PC or PS4.

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 01:31PM EDT
May 22, 2013 at 12:49PM EDT

I find that it looks absolutely terrible through the disturbing multitude of these stupid things: The name is not good straight away, if it has an implicit meaning (and I’m sure it does) it’s not obvious enough; the console looks too much like the CD player archetype, which doesn’t really irritate me, but to the people who’d like innovation…; also, What are the games? CoD? Ha.; Kinect comes with it, (meh, not really that bad) but the Xbox requires it to play. (Just a tip, Microsoft, never force people, they’ll hate it).

(There’s some more, but I just posted the stuff I knew)

Anyway, the good stuff: It’s a new console, so a new style; It apparently will be able to hold 500GBs for storage which has got to be, by a few miles, the best part of this console, and that is saying something, to say the least.

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 01:16PM EDT
May 22, 2013 at 01:15PM EDT

so people are expected to use a PC-esque system (example; Steam), in which the games they buy are locked to an account, but they:
- cannot upgrade their system to future-proof it
- cannot add mods / customise purchased games
- cannot log-in to their account at a friend’s house and play games they have

even with Steam i can go into Offline Mode and play locally if there is no connection, and i have never seen a discount on XBOX that is on par with the Steam Summer Sale.

they REALLY need to pull some kind of miracle and sort this out

May 22, 2013 at 01:59PM EDT

GoingMenthol wrote:

- forced to have kinect

“cannot bring a game I own and play multiplayer at a friends house unless they pay for it”

You can play the game on another console, but you need to be signed in on Xbox Live on that console first.

May 22, 2013 at 03:04PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

“cannot bring a game I own and play multiplayer at a friends house unless they pay for it”

You can play the game on another console, but you need to be signed in on Xbox Live on that console first.

ok then, that’s one problem off the list. i was going to edit my post but i forgot about the 30min rule

May 22, 2013 at 03:20PM EDT

Oh, my sides.

For one thing, the thought of going online once a day to play games reminds me of the Gizmondo’s Smart Adds. When you’ve been compared to that piece of shit, you know you’ve hit rock bottom.

Then, there’s the fee for used games. See, new games cost more than used games, so they’re trying to get you to buy new games so the stores can make more money.

Finally… it looks like a goddamn VCR.

Yeah, I’ll just stick with the PS4. Thanks for trying, Micro$oft, but come back next generation.

May 22, 2013 at 05:16PM EDT

Honestly, this is why I’m probably just gonna skip the 8th generation and stick with the older ones. At least with them I can still actually play them. Plus, there are plenty of games I haven’t played yet.

May 22, 2013 at 05:26PM EDT

I heard they went with “Xbox One” because when spoken it sounds like “Xbox won” As in they think they will win the console war with it. Lol.

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 06:07PM EDT
May 22, 2013 at 05:53PM EDT

Makapon wrote:

Honestly, this is why I’m probably just gonna skip the 8th generation and stick with the older ones. At least with them I can still actually play them. Plus, there are plenty of games I haven’t played yet.

Don’t forget the PS4

May 22, 2013 at 07:02PM EDT

Lich wrote:

Xbox One step forward and Two steps back.

It’s called the Xbox One because that’s how many ideas they considered when making it.

May 22, 2013 at 07:31PM EDT

GoingMenthol wrote:

so people are expected to use a PC-esque system (example; Steam), in which the games they buy are locked to an account, but they:
- cannot upgrade their system to future-proof it
- cannot add mods / customise purchased games
- cannot log-in to their account at a friend’s house and play games they have

even with Steam i can go into Offline Mode and play locally if there is no connection, and i have never seen a discount on XBOX that is on par with the Steam Summer Sale.

they REALLY need to pull some kind of miracle and sort this out

and with this, we all know who isn’t going to buy the Xbox One.
<------ this guy

Last edited May 22, 2013 at 08:33PM EDT
May 22, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT

Captain Badass wrote:

and with this, we all know who isn’t going to buy the Xbox One.
<------ this guy

It’s called the Xbox One because that’s how many people will buy it.

May 22, 2013 at 08:36PM EDT

It’s called the Xbox one because that’s how many times you’ll play with it before taking it back.

May 22, 2013 at 08:40PM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

Kinect isnt bad when your a lazy bastard

I mean you can just say: xbox do this. And you dont have to get up

May 22, 2013 at 08:45PM EDT

Why do they call it the Xbox One?

Because they don’t know what the fucking order of numbers is, that’s why.

May 22, 2013 at 10:49PM EDT

Why do they call it the Xbox One?

Seriously somebody please tell me I have no idea

May 22, 2013 at 11:31PM EDT

They call it the Xbox One because Xbox Wins!

But seriously though, this looks painful.
Then again, I’m a Nintendo/Retro Gamer, so it’s not like I should have any say in any current competing console.

May 23, 2013 at 07:02PM EDT

It’s called the Xbox One because that’s how many people are allowed to use its games.

May 23, 2013 at 07:32PM EDT

I can already hear Playstation’s tagline:

“Four is more than one.”

May 23, 2013 at 11:03PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!