Forums / Discussion / General

168,585 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

Xbox One General

Last posted Jun 21, 2013 at 04:53PM EDT. Added May 21, 2013 at 07:45PM EDT
125 posts from 48 users

>I’ll be able to partake in the next generation.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:11PM EDT

10 years from now…

“And that kids, was how the Nintendo-Sony alliance was built”

You know, a few months ago I could not see coming this epic explosion that Microsoft made. If this crashes and burns as much as it seems like it might, does anyone think another company might rise to take Microsoft’s place?

Jun 20, 2013 at 01:15AM EDT

RandomMan said:

Dude, these are official sources. It’s even on the official sites. How does “pics or didn’t happen” even work with stuff like a change in policy? Want me to take a picture of my screen because screencaps can be shopped?

Well I’m too lazy to search it up, so there’s my excuse. It doesn’t change the fact that they’re doing this just because their stock is down. This is probably the only time they’ll address the problems and that’s it. They’ll go back to being normal ol’ Microsoft and be a happy place. Hell, even with BC I’d still get the PS4 (mainly the fact that I don’t have any Xbox or Xbox 360 games, so that’s the only reason why) because Sony didn’t need to pull through all of this stuff.

Actually, I might buy the Wii U first… hrm.

Last edited Jun 20, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT
Jun 20, 2013 at 01:57AM EDT

So how many of you are now going to buy the ShitBox one?
Now that they caved to gamers reaction and saw that Playstation was going to kick their asses.
All of a sudden they change their policy and all of a sudden gaymers are saying ExBox is debes thing evah.

Jun 20, 2013 at 05:06AM EDT

This video sums up exactly what I feel about this new development. Yeah, there’s no denying that this change of course is a good thing, but does that mean we should be giving Microsoft praise again? Microsoft had treat the gaming community awful before this, just check out the Angry Joe interview. I am no fan of Angry Joe, but I’ll admit that he had valid points, and the Microsoft executives had no reason to treat him so badly in his interview. They were adamant beforehand that they were going ahead with their plans, and anyone who disagreed could get lost (or at least buy a 360). It makes me doubt whether they made this change for the fans, or for some other reason. They’ve made it clear before that they were well aware how many people were against it, why change now? Oh well, that’s just my opinion (although we can all agree that Nintendo really are just sat in an office playing Animal Crossing)

Jun 20, 2013 at 03:17PM EDT

Well when it comes down to it, Microsoft is a company. I don’t think it’s really appropriate to ask “why” when it’s fairly obvious that it’s simplifies down to profit (Call it greed or money grubbing or whatever you like, but wanting to make money does not a villain make). Since they took out the excessive DRM, and it no longer feels as though a Microsoft agent is watching me, I can’t really understand why it matters what Microsoft thinks of it’s consumers, seeing as I’m going to have almost no interaction whatsoever with Microsoft.

Jun 20, 2013 at 03:31PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

10 years from now…

“And that kids, was how the Nintendo-Sony alliance was built”

You know, a few months ago I could not see coming this epic explosion that Microsoft made. If this crashes and burns as much as it seems like it might, does anyone think another company might rise to take Microsoft’s place?

That would be so funny if it came to pass, since the whole reason for the Playstation’s existence was that Sony got burned in a deal with Nintendo over a disc-based console to replace the SNES (it was mostly Nintendo’s fault – they were huge dicks back then) and so they decided to strike out on their own. For that reason alone I kind of hope that they will work together in the future.

Jun 20, 2013 at 04:12PM EDT

Well personally, I like to feel that their is a level of respect between manufacturer and consumer. I’d like to feel that as much as they are interested in my money, they re also interested in making a product that we as consumers feel is worthwhile, and is worth the money we paid for it. Microsoft’s approach of “my way or the highway” followed by a swift “Sorry guys, we’re changing plans now” rubs me the wrong way. You may not care if Microsoft sees you as a walking stack of bills, but personally, I’d rather get the impression that they do care about what consumers think, and respect them for it. In most cases I probably wouldn’t care, but considering how harsh they have been with gamers over the past week, I’d respect them a lot more if they truly did change because they care about making a product that consumers feel is worthwhile, rather than the more likely “we don’t care what you think we just want to go with the option that gives us more money”.

All companies want our money, Nintendo, Valve, Sony and Microsoft, but I prefer the approach of trying to make that money by providing what the consumers want rather than screw the customers we want money approach. Personally, I want their respect before I can give them my respect by buying their products.

Jun 20, 2013 at 04:25PM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

So how many of you are now going to buy the ShitBox one?
Now that they caved to gamers reaction and saw that Playstation was going to kick their asses.
All of a sudden they change their policy and all of a sudden gaymers are saying ExBox is debes thing evah.

The massive pre-order difference between PS4 and Xbox (PS4 having around 4 times as many as Xbox) is now around equal again in just a day. I as well am now opening myself for both options again (consoles are a too big investment to just preorder for me). So yes, the result of this is that I might buy an Xbox One Eighty now. Sue me.

Katie C. wrote:

With the change they’ve already caught up pretty quickly (read above). They dodged a bullet here, but thanks to this change it can be expected that they will no longer “crash and burn”.

Last edited Jun 20, 2013 at 04:36PM EDT
Jun 20, 2013 at 04:32PM EDT

@RandomMan

I still doubt it. They may have saved themselves some time, but aren’t they still a part of the NSA data-mining “scandal”? And the fact that Microsoft stooped to so low (sending their employees to discourage those who are already certain to buy the Wii U at the Best Buy E3 experiences) to recover themselves still doesn’t change my decision on buying it. Not much of a loss in sale, but hey, they’re a corporation.

But a question for you all: What would you do for $500?

Jun 20, 2013 at 07:54PM EDT

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

@RandomMan

I still doubt it. They may have saved themselves some time, but aren’t they still a part of the NSA data-mining “scandal”? And the fact that Microsoft stooped to so low (sending their employees to discourage those who are already certain to buy the Wii U at the Best Buy E3 experiences) to recover themselves still doesn’t change my decision on buying it. Not much of a loss in sale, but hey, they’re a corporation.

But a question for you all: What would you do for $500?

Be as much of a pessimist if you want (that counts for more here btw), but I prefer to stay at least a bit positive. With the new changes the Xbox One Eighty has become a decent machine again, and I can make an at least decent comparison between them now before buying.

I won’t really give two shits that the console I buy will be from MS or Sony. It’s like buying a phone, why must it be Apple when those things are mostly just hella expensive? Fuck brands, in the end it’s still about the product. I’ve already made clear that all consoles are still an option.

>They may have saved themselves some time, but aren’t they still a part of the NSA data-mining “scandal”?

PSN Outage scandal anyone?

Point I’m trying to make here is that all companies have their “scandals”, and if you make decisions on individual scandals you’ll be better of buying no console at all. If people should not buy a Xbox One Eighty because of this Data-Mining “scandal” (which from what I believe has already been fixed), why should you buy a PS4 when you risked such bad account protection on PSN in the past?

Stay pessimistic if you want, but I’m just going to look at this objectively and try to stay optimistic. Perhaps I’m playing devils advocate here, but in a thread with 90% default anti-MS, you quickly have that.

Last edited Jun 20, 2013 at 09:46PM EDT
Jun 20, 2013 at 09:45PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

The massive pre-order difference between PS4 and Xbox (PS4 having around 4 times as many as Xbox) is now around equal again in just a day. I as well am now opening myself for both options again (consoles are a too big investment to just preorder for me). So yes, the result of this is that I might buy an Xbox One Eighty now. Sue me.

Katie C. wrote:

With the change they’ve already caught up pretty quickly (read above). They dodged a bullet here, but thanks to this change it can be expected that they will no longer “crash and burn”.

Microsoft already made themselves look like shit. Even though they’ve fixed a lot of issues, people will still remember MS’s asshole move.

Also…the Xbox One still has issues, and is not as good as the PS4

Jun 20, 2013 at 09:52PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Microsoft already made themselves look like shit. Even though they’ve fixed a lot of issues, people will still remember MS’s asshole move.

Also…the Xbox One still has issues, and is not as good as the PS4

And Sony still feels the damage from the PSN Outage scandal. Oh wait, they don’t, because people move on.

As I tried to say before, if you only keep looking at the negative you might as well buy no console, because no company is innocent. If it’s not now, it was in the past, or it will be in the future. Best to just be glad issues get fixed, like it did here.

Last edited Jun 20, 2013 at 10:10PM EDT
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:04PM EDT

@RandomMan

Heck, the PSN outage was uncalled. We got all pissed and frantic about it, but it wasn’t meant to happen like that way, unlike what Microsoft did with the goddamn Xbox One. Microsoft partnered, willingly, with the NSA to gain private information on all of those who plan, planned, on buying the Xbox One. I really doubt that everyone will move on from such an event by a company they trusted. No one just backstabs everyone they are gaining from like that.

Jun 21, 2013 at 01:52AM EDT

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

@RandomMan

Heck, the PSN outage was uncalled. We got all pissed and frantic about it, but it wasn’t meant to happen like that way, unlike what Microsoft did with the goddamn Xbox One. Microsoft partnered, willingly, with the NSA to gain private information on all of those who plan, planned, on buying the Xbox One. I really doubt that everyone will move on from such an event by a company they trusted. No one just backstabs everyone they are gaining from like that.

Let’s remember that Kinect will still be on 24/7

Jun 21, 2013 at 01:55AM EDT

@Katie C.

Let’s also not forget that Microsoft is a desperate, greedy bastard, too. Bribing Sony developers, sending Microsoft employees to the E3 Experiences to discourage those who want to buy the Wii U and instead get the Xbone, not show games, and etc.

Screw you Microsoft. I’m only using your OS because it’s the only one we got. I can afford.

And let’s note the fact that it still doesn’t have backwards-compatability.

“All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360.”

That does NOT mean backwards-compatability. That just means they’re backpedaling to the original style of discs, meaning no unique codes for each disc. That’s not going to help, sadly. Stripping your flesh and salting your wound just to bind it up with gauze does not help to not make you look like an idiot, Microsoft.

I’m sure you guys might know this already, but this is a reminder that there are still issues with this console that they do not press matters on.

Last edited Jun 21, 2013 at 02:38AM EDT
Jun 21, 2013 at 02:28AM EDT

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

@Katie C.

Let’s also not forget that Microsoft is a desperate, greedy bastard, too. Bribing Sony developers, sending Microsoft employees to the E3 Experiences to discourage those who want to buy the Wii U and instead get the Xbone, not show games, and etc.

Screw you Microsoft. I’m only using your OS because it’s the only one we got. I can afford.

And let’s note the fact that it still doesn’t have backwards-compatability.

“All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360.”

That does NOT mean backwards-compatability. That just means they’re backpedaling to the original style of discs, meaning no unique codes for each disc. That’s not going to help, sadly. Stripping your flesh and salting your wound just to bind it up with gauze does not help to not make you look like an idiot, Microsoft.

I’m sure you guys might know this already, but this is a reminder that there are still issues with this console that they do not press matters on.

If I can quote Cracked for a minute “In the real world, the Rebels don’t beat the Empire; they become the Empire. They build their own Death Star but remember to name it something else and close the exhaust port.”

Jun 21, 2013 at 02:31AM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Let’s remember that Kinect will still be on 24/7

Katie, if you’re going to run back to blind hating, at least bring sources, but don’t make claims while being so badly ill informed. The Kinect 2 Camera can actually be turned off 100%. This was already confirmed almost a month ago.

Last edited Jun 21, 2013 at 08:09AM EDT
Jun 21, 2013 at 08:07AM EDT

My god, How many people will still using Kinect like an Excuse, they look like christians

Jun 21, 2013 at 03:11PM EDT

Darkhanov wrote:

My god, How many people will still using Kinect like an Excuse, they look like christians

i think the main discussions will revolve around if the extra ~$100 and exclusive games are worth getting the XBOX over PS4. that is, if nobody is entrenched already

Last edited Jun 21, 2013 at 03:54PM EDT
Jun 21, 2013 at 03:51PM EDT

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

@RandomMan

Eh, true and false actually.

Research into the breach showed that the security protecting the personal details of its users was just bad, as in really bad, as in almost laying it out in the open bad. Sony simply failed to encrypt data and establish adequate firewalls to handle a server intrusion contingency.

Now you can put the blame at the hackers there, because of course they are the people who stole the information. But if you’re a multi-billion company such as Sony, and you give the personal details of your customers that type of treatment, then I personally find that the fault lies more with Sony. This isn’t a local grocery store, this is a multi-national corporation, those are a lot more at risk to be the target of hackers. And if a multi-national corporation such as Sony fails at giving their customer details the proper protection, then who can you trust? They willingly chose to give personal details that terribad security.

Because face it, the only reason their security got better was because they got hacked and it got in the media so big. If they didn’t got hacked and nothing happened since then, we both know that Sony wouldn’t give two shits in improving the security around personal customer details.

So yeah, of course Sony didn’t want to get hacked, but we can both realize that they were basically asking for it. So that brings up the question, who is worse? A company that wants to get the personal details of its customers for money, or a company who doesn’t give two shits about their customers personal details so they can save money?

Last edited Jun 21, 2013 at 04:05PM EDT
Jun 21, 2013 at 03:53PM EDT

Even though it’s not confirmed, but Game Stop maaaaaaaaay have had a hand in getting rid of the DRM shit. It wouldn’t have been the first time they did that.

Jun 21, 2013 at 03:53PM EDT

GoingMenthol wrote:

i think the main discussions will revolve around if the extra ~$100 and exclusive games are worth getting the XBOX over PS4. that is, if nobody is entrenched already

Pretty much. With the Kinect Camera having the main complaints long proven incorrect (which people would know if they’d actually inform themselves instead of trusting hatetrain circlejerk sessions), brings the difference back to the hardware, costs, and exclusives. Which in the end are no longer a case of Company A > Company B, but just personal interest regarding the console itself and the vidya.

And why do you buy a console in the end? Exactly, the hardware and vidya.

Last edited Jun 21, 2013 at 04:04PM EDT
Jun 21, 2013 at 04:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!