Forums / General

195,752 total conversations in 5,392 threads

+ New Thread

Matt Smith to leave Doctor Who at the end of year.

Last posted Jun 03, 2013 at 01:01PM EDT. Added Jun 03, 2013 at 01:21AM EDT
9 conversations with 8 participants

And so, let the cries of “the twelfth doctor sucks”, “Matt Smith’s doctor is the only real doctor” and, “I can’t believe they cast [insert actor here] as the next doctor! He’s way too [insert acting style/age/physical appearance here]!” begin.

Jun 03, 2013 at 06:50AM EDT

xTSGx wrote:

And so, let the cries of “the twelfth doctor sucks”, “Matt Smith’s doctor is the only real doctor” and, “I can’t believe they cast [insert actor here] as the next doctor! He’s way too [insert acting style/age/physical appearance here]!” begin.

David Tennant was amazing and no-one could imagine anyone replacing him…

…and then Matt Smith made his reputation known, going on to becoming a pretty good doctor, so everyone is now wondering: Who can replace the replacer?

Jun 03, 2013 at 07:44AM EDT

Guys, guys, guys.

Isn’t twelve THE LAST ONE?

Cause like

this movie happened

back in the 90s.

And they said
and they said…

Last edited Jun 03, 2013 at 10:36AM EDT
Jun 03, 2013 at 10:35AM EDT

Serious Business wrote:

Guys, guys, guys.

Isn’t twelve THE LAST ONE?

Cause like

this movie happened

back in the 90s.

And they said
and they said…

What, precisely, did they say? The Master was in his 13th regeneration when The Doctor was only at his 5th. Time Lords, supposedly, can regenerate however many times they want. They are, also supposedly, restricted by Gallifreyan law or some shit not to exceed 12 times but being the only Time Lord left, he is ABOVE ZEE LAW or something. I’m more than likely basing this off bullshit hypothesies I read on Tumblr and Youtube comments but you’ll never know that.

Jun 03, 2013 at 12:00PM EDT

Professor Metallica enjoys pencils. wrote:

What, precisely, did they say? The Master was in his 13th regeneration when The Doctor was only at his 5th. Time Lords, supposedly, can regenerate however many times they want. They are, also supposedly, restricted by Gallifreyan law or some shit not to exceed 12 times but being the only Time Lord left, he is ABOVE ZEE LAW or something. I’m more than likely basing this off bullshit hypothesies I read on Tumblr and Youtube comments but you’ll never know that.

In the opening scene of the 96’ Doctor Who movie, Paul McGann’s opening statement is that “A Time Lord has thirteen lives.” He also says that the rules never meant much to the Master, and as we can see from his appearances in the revived series, there is a way that either he or the Gallifreyan High Council can circumvent this rule. If we accept the Audio adventures to be canon according to the TV series, then the reason for only twelve regenerations and thirteen lives is because the molecules and proteins responsible for a Time Lord’s resurrection begin to decay and become unstable.

The folks over at BBC will of course want the story to go on, money being so wonderful and all, so I imagine that if the Doctor is actually limited to 12 regenerations, they may spend a season where he seeks a means of prolonging his lives by finding a way around this limitation.

Jun 03, 2013 at 01:01PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!