Forums / Discussion / General

232,753 total conversations in 7,782 threads

+ New Thread

2013 NBA Finals General

Last posted Jun 21, 2013 at 01:22PM EDT. Added Jun 03, 2013 at 11:25PM EDT
31 posts from 7 users

Once again, we have another great matchup in the NBA Finals. On one side, we have the Western Conference Champions, the San Antonio Spurs. On the other side, we have the Eastern Conference Champions, the Miami Heat. The Spurs are making their fifth NBA Finals appearance and the first since 2007. San Antonio has NEVER lost an NBA Finals in their franchise history (1999, 2003, 2005, and 2007). The Miami Heat are making their fourth NBA Finals appearance which is their third straight appearance. The Heat won their first NBA Finals in 2006, lost their second NBA Finals in 2011, and became the defending NBA Champions by winning in their third NBA Finals in 2012. My prediction is that the Heat will win in seven games. It should be interesting.

I don't really like the Heat (especially since LeBron got a title finally,) but I've never liked the Spurs, although I respect them.

It'll be interesting to see how the more athletic Spurs with a rejuvenated Tony Parker and Tim Duncan will play against a likely worn out Heat squad.

I didn't watch most of the game, but despite the closeness of the game, I think either team could sweep.

The Heat playing at their best can sweep any team, but the Spurs are so consistent. They don't make many mistakes. If the Heat come with their B-game (which could certainly happen,) then the Spurs can beat them with their A-game (and they will bring their A-game to every game in this Finals.)

That was a nice clinching play by Tony Parker. He looks so awkward sometimes, but it works for him.

Also, I may suggest not bumping the thread after Game 2 if it's just us two talking. It may end up being something for wall-to-wall conversation between us.

Also I'm of the opinion that Miami is going to win no matter what, whether it's because the NBA is corrupt and they're rigging the series – which I'm going to find easier to believe if we have to have a game seven – or the actual skill of our team – which is quite impressive.

I'm going for the Heat, simply because I do like LeBron James, and because I've never liked the Spurs.

Tim Duncan has had a stellar career, and he probably deserves one more title. I just don't want him to have it.

Having said that, I have no idea who's actually going to win tonight or in terms of the series. Miami can't be beaten if they bring their A-game. It's just a matter of if they bring it for two of three games.

And all of the bandwagon fans are still cheering here in my country.

Sadly, I didn't get the chance to watch the game 7 a while ago. I'll just lurk around the NBA website for some recaps instead.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!