Forums / General

191,270 total conversations in 5,245 threads

+ New Thread


KYM Animal Crossing General: Turning Over a New Leaf

Last posted Jul 17, 2013 at 01:56PM EDT. Added Jun 10, 2013 at 07:37PM EDT
56 conversations with 25 participants

Well, it’s that time of year that I make another probably useless general upon a specific genre or series of X again!

Looks like E3 was right about Nintendo in that one tweet.

As for today, I will be summoning the new Animal Crossing.

So goddamn close, I have everything to conduct the ritual, WHAT IS IT THAT NINTENDO WA

Oh my fuck.

OH MY FUCK. MY FUCK, FUCKING GOD.
MY SOCIAL LIFE IS GONE, THANK YOU ALMIGHTY NINTENDO!!!

Jun 10, 2013 at 07:37PM EDT
Quote

I played City Folk. I got a foreign fruit, planted a lot of trees, got rich, and then got bored of it. I shudder to think how many of my neighbors have left. The Nintendo themed furniture was the bossliest.

Jun 10, 2013 at 08:10PM EDT
Quote

Everyone’s New Leaf waifu. If you don’t love her, then you’re missing out on 90% of the game.

Last edited Jun 19, 2013 at 11:40AM EDT
Jun 19, 2013 at 11:39AM EDT
Quote

Confirmed for new Bridget.

I don’t even have New Leaf.

Last edited Jun 19, 2013 at 12:43PM EDT
Jun 19, 2013 at 12:43PM EDT
Quote

I’ve played pretty much all the Animal Crossing games with the exception of City Folk which I played for like 1 hour and got bored of right away.

But New Leaf is genuinely good and I highly recommend it.

Fun fact, Isabelle’s Head looks like a bag of bells (Hence Isabelle= Is a Bell)

In addition, I was mentally scarred by Reese/Cyrus porn….yup, it’s already out there.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:35PM EDT
Quote

Anyone wanna give me $250 dollars for a 3ds and new leaf ill give you my friend code great trade right

Jun 20, 2013 at 02:01AM EDT
Quote

Twilitlord wrote:

Anyone wanna give me $250 dollars for a 3ds and new leaf ill give you my friend code great trade right

sent ;)

Jun 20, 2013 at 02:45AM EDT

I played Wild World and City Folk,I didn’t play the first one because I don’t have a GameCube(Yes,I miss out on a part of a great childhood)
This is my third Animal Crossing and I have to say it is so far the best one with tons of new features since Wild World(seeing that City Folk is more like Wild World brought to the Wii,but I still have fun.)

Well,it’s past 7PM here,just in time for island beetle napping.

Jun 20, 2013 at 07:22AM EDT
Quote

I approve of this game even though I haven’t played it. But I’d like to.,

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:44AM EDT
Quote

Jojo's Bizarre Bazaar wrote:

Everyone’s New Leaf waifu. If you don’t love her, then you’re missing out on 90% of the game.

Seeing that the Animal Crossing Image Gallery is pretty much 90% filled with fanart of Isabell I say your argument is legal.

I mean,come on,who can say no to a cute face like that

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:49PM EDT
Quote

SketchyDoodle wrote:

Seeing that the Animal Crossing Image Gallery is pretty much 90% filled with fanart of Isabell I say your argument is legal.

I’m-I’m the only one uploading pics to the Animal Crossing image gallery.

Jun 21, 2013 at 08:57AM EDT
Quote

Jojo's Bizarre Bazaar wrote:

SketchyDoodle wrote:

Seeing that the Animal Crossing Image Gallery is pretty much 90% filled with fanart of Isabell I say your argument is legal.

I’m-I’m the only one uploading pics to the Animal Crossing image gallery.

Jun 21, 2013 at 09:10AM EDT
Quote

Isabelle has dangerously high levels of kawaii.

I’d say she’s about equal to Konata from Lucky Star in terms of kawaiiness.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:51AM EDT
Quote

Do you guys think it’s allright if I play it without having played any of the prequels?
You’re a mayor in this one, so I guess there must be a difference.

Also, I had been following Nintendo’s videos over these days, and I just got the biggest nerd boner:

today…

Last edited Jun 21, 2013 at 04:10PM EDT
Jun 21, 2013 at 04:06PM EDT
Quote

I have put 30 hours into this game since the day it released.
Some one, help me! I’m going to pay off my sixth home expansion soon!

Jun 22, 2013 at 01:13AM EDT
Quote

You know what I would love? Another AC to be on the Wii U so I would have even more of a reason to get it.

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:11AM EDT
Quote

GoingMenthol wrote:

just gonna leave this here

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Jun 23, 2013 at 01:56PM EDT
Quote

there was the recent update to StreetPass that lets you buy new games (StreetPass Squad, Garden, Battle, and Mansion). apparently it was for EU and JP only.

you’ll need to buy one of those games in order to get “Exchange Tickets”. those tickets can be (hurr durr) exchanged for new hats, but only 5 hats are available per day or so and i don’t know if older ones will be available again

so. for you US players or anyone who didn’t know, if you want a heads up, get the game StreetPass Squad as it gives a ticket for every completed level, giving you more than enough tickets to horde like a squirrel

Last edited Jun 23, 2013 at 02:42PM EDT
Jun 23, 2013 at 02:40PM EDT
Quote

Oh god even more hats…. REGGIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?! WHY ISN’T THIS Local… ized…

Yup, he’s too busy playing Animal Crossing still.

Jun 23, 2013 at 05:17PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Oh god even more hats…. REGGIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?! WHY ISN’T THIS Local… ized…

Yup, he’s too busy playing Animal Crossing still.

theres only one reasonable explanation for the hats.

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:16PM EDT
Quote

I want this game so bad, but then I would need a 3DS, but I can’t pay for it, so I need to get a job, but I don’t have a job.

Jun 24, 2013 at 07:42AM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Confirmed for new Bridget.

I don’t even have New Leaf.

The funny thing about that is, judging by a lot of the fanart of her I’ve seen in the gallery, (And the sources, you rock Frosty Lich.) women like her, too. So, to them, she really is the new Bridget.

Jun 24, 2013 at 09:57AM EDT
Quote

>day 2 of animal crossing
>planting all the orange trees around my house (native fruit)
>live far away from everything
>hindsight.jpg
>ask isabelle to relocate town. she panics
>“But that will destroy the town we have now!”
>confirm
>“But all your hard work will be gone!”
>confirm
>she’s upset but deletes my save file as told
>“I’ll see you again someday, I hope”
>start new game
>choose a decent spot for my house this time
>speed through most of the game quickly, pay of the house before i get a bug net
>isabelle gives me a gift of fruit after i get the shovel
>“These oranges were grown in the town I used to grow up in.”
>“Oranges”
>“The town I used to grow up in”

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:22PM EDT
Quote

GoingMenthol wrote:

>day 2 of animal crossing
>planting all the orange trees around my house (native fruit)
>live far away from everything
>hindsight.jpg
>ask isabelle to relocate town. she panics
>“But that will destroy the town we have now!”
>confirm
>“But all your hard work will be gone!”
>confirm
>she’s upset but deletes my save file as told
>“I’ll see you again someday, I hope”
>start new game
>choose a decent spot for my house this time
>speed through most of the game quickly, pay of the house before i get a bug net
>isabelle gives me a gift of fruit after i get the shovel
>“These oranges were grown in the town I used to grow up in.”
>“Oranges”
>“The town I used to grow up in”


Jun 26, 2013 at 02:14PM EDT
Quote

it was only 2 days! i was still living in a friggin’ tent!
i didn’t know, man
i didn’t know

Jun 26, 2013 at 03:16PM EDT
Quote

>day 1 of new game
>growing all the flowers near my house, easier to water and forces the game to make more flowers around town… which i take anyway
>new person comes to town and sets house down
>sets house on my flowers
>literally 2 steps away from my house
>at least 20 flowers KIA
>go to his house door to find the name of this asshat
>his name is Kidd
>should have known it was unruly kids

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:58PM EDT
Quote

GoingMenthol wrote:

>day 1 of new game
>growing all the flowers near my house, easier to water and forces the game to make more flowers around town… which i take anyway
>new person comes to town and sets house down
>sets house on my flowers
>literally 2 steps away from my house
>at least 20 flowers KIA
>go to his house door to find the name of this asshat
>his name is Kidd
>should have known it was unruly kids

Catch a fucking shark, damn it.
Then you can pay-off your goddamn loan to get a house.

Then catch as many goddamn Red Snappers or Sharks (any kind) as you can because holy hell they give you a shit-ton of bells when sold.

And stop by the Able Sisters and talk to Sable everyday. You get to hear interesting stuff.

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:42PM EDT
Quote

Lone K. the JOHN MADDEN wrote:

Catch a fucking shark, damn it.
Then you can pay-off your goddamn loan to get a house.

Then catch as many goddamn Red Snappers or Sharks (any kind) as you can because holy hell they give you a shit-ton of bells when sold.

And stop by the Able Sisters and talk to Sable everyday. You get to hear interesting stuff.

“You get to hear interesting stuff.”

JUST WHO IS ESTHER’S MYSTERY PORCUPIIIIIIINE!?

Jun 28, 2013 at 02:04AM EDT
Quote

>day 2 of new game
>bought a storage case for my tent house tent
>i don’t have any use for it but its better than having an empty home ;_;
>go back home to place storage somewhere
>Isabelle drops by to tell me to check my mail at the post office
>go to post office and pick up mail. drunk seagull sends me mail and an eiffel tower statue
>notice the "ask about a present " option. downloaded a rainbow for my house
>head back home to place everything. realise there’s not much room to move around with everything on the floor
>Isabelle drops by, noticing i’m decorating my house tent
>gives me a gift
>another thing for my house
>there’s no space to move around
>my house tent is now a puzzle from Professor Layton

@Lone K. the X
i only have time to play for ~15 mins a day so i don’t get too much done in one sitting. i’ll go fishing tomorrow

Jun 28, 2013 at 01:00PM EDT
Quote

Protip: Go to the island at night. Palm tree beetles are fucking everywhere, and while hard to catch, once you get the hang of it you will be rolling in Bells. The cheapest one is still worth a whopping 6000 Bells.

The trick to catching them is to continuously circle the island REALLY SLOWLY. Then, once you see a palm tree beetle, PRESS AND HOLD A WHILE HOLDING THE NET to sneak. When sneaking DO NOT PUSH THE CIRCLE PAD ALL THE WAY. This is where people mess up most; they assume that because they’re sneaking, the beetles won’t fly away. But they do. If you sneak slowly towards them, you should be able to catch them. I currently have a large first story, medium second story, small basement, and over 1000000 Bells in the bank, just from beetles. And I tend to blow my money on random crap, so for me, this is a lot.

Last edited Jun 28, 2013 at 03:40PM EDT
Jun 28, 2013 at 03:36PM EDT
Quote

i can’t get to the island yet, apparently the earliest you can go there is the 4th day. i also need to stay up late to catch sharks :/

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:41PM EDT
Quote

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Protip: Go to the island at night. Palm tree beetles are fucking everywhere, and while hard to catch, once you get the hang of it you will be rolling in Bells. The cheapest one is still worth a whopping 6000 Bells.

The trick to catching them is to continuously circle the island REALLY SLOWLY. Then, once you see a palm tree beetle, PRESS AND HOLD A WHILE HOLDING THE NET to sneak. When sneaking DO NOT PUSH THE CIRCLE PAD ALL THE WAY. This is where people mess up most; they assume that because they’re sneaking, the beetles won’t fly away. But they do. If you sneak slowly towards them, you should be able to catch them. I currently have a large first story, medium second story, small basement, and over 1000000 Bells in the bank, just from beetles. And I tend to blow my money on random crap, so for me, this is a lot.

Also, if you invest 20,000 bells into the wealthy town ordinance, you will be able to sell said bugs for a 20% higher price. It really is a great way at getting money. There are other ways to gain money, such as fruit farming, turnip selling or shark selling, but this is by far the most efficient method.

Jun 28, 2013 at 05:14PM EDT
Quote

I realized earlier that Animal Crossing doesn’t celebrate the 4th of July.
Good thing, they know that they can burn houses down with those, but the people outside my house don’t know that.

Fuck.

Jul 05, 2013 at 01:14AM EDT
Quote

So…how far are you guys in the game so far? (eg. house upgrade, public projets, ect.)

Jul 05, 2013 at 02:37PM EDT
Quote

@SketchyDoodle

Well, I have a full-sized first floor with the starting left room, and my second floor that’s still in the first stage.

I have a fountain, a bench, a campsite, the Dream Suite, the Club LOL, a Super T&T, a Kicks, and the second floor for the Museum. I have the maximum amount of residents.

Anyways, hows yours going?

Last edited Jul 05, 2013 at 03:11PM EDT
Jul 05, 2013 at 03:02PM EDT
Quote

@Lone K. the X
My House has a full sized first floor, 2nd size left room, 1st size right room and 2nd size second floor
I have a bench, a streetlight, a water well, a fountain, a lighthouse, a fence, an additional wooden bridge, the campsite . I just finish the donations for the cafe and I’ll be doing the police station tomorrow.
As for main street, I got the Dream Suite, Club LOL,Super T&T, the Gardening Store, Shampoodle, Kicks and Museum Second Floor.

Jul 06, 2013 at 08:01AM EDT
Quote

I was playing this last night with 3 friends. They trapped me against a wall and continuously attacked me with axes until I gave them 20,000 bells.

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:51AM EDT
Quote

I make 200,000 bells a day.

Mainly because I stay up every night at the island to catch a fuckton of beetles.

Yeeaahhhh,

Jul 10, 2013 at 02:36PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!