Forums / General

191,092 total conversations in 5,240 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Animal Crossing General: Turning Over a New Leaf

Last posted Jul 17, 2013 at 01:56PM EDT. Added Jun 10, 2013 at 07:37PM EDT
56 conversations with 25 participants

SketchyDoodle wrote:

So…how far are you guys in the game so far? (eg. house upgrade, public projets, ect.)

For my house, I have a full main floor, a basic second floor and a basement (haven’t done much for the house). For my town, I have a cafe, the reset surveillance center, A museum second floor, Club LOL, Kicks, Shampoodle, Dream Suite and T.I.Y. I’m currently working on getting a police station, Katrina’s shop and redesigning my town to give it a more modern look. Most of my work has been going into improving the town (and it would go a lot faster if the villagers would request things instead of asking to leave all the time).

Jul 10, 2013 at 04:25PM EDT

This has really been bugging me lately, how old are half the characters in this game? For some its pretty obvious, but what about characters like isabelle? They make it seem like shes an adult, but she always refers to herself as a puppy, plus I have a hard time buying a grown woman working as a secretary for a kid, especially a kid mayor. Also a kid mayor? Really, what old man gives a kid an entire town and the responsibility to maintain it and fund its countless overly expansive projects?

Jul 13, 2013 at 07:13PM EDT

Sir Brown Bear wrote:

This has really been bugging me lately, how old are half the characters in this game? For some its pretty obvious, but what about characters like isabelle? They make it seem like shes an adult, but she always refers to herself as a puppy, plus I have a hard time buying a grown woman working as a secretary for a kid, especially a kid mayor. Also a kid mayor? Really, what old man gives a kid an entire town and the responsibility to maintain it and fund its countless overly expansive projects?

considering it’s a fantasy setting you can really get away with doing anything that doesn’t make logical sense.

i’ll give the example of Liberation Maiden for 3DS and iOS.
the president of Japan was assassinated by an invading country, which makes your main character (Shoko Ōzora), a high school girl, not a member of government, become the president of Japan without being elected, whilst being the only military force to counter the invasion, equipped with a giant experimental mech that nobody has ever used before, who also achieves a 100% approval rating of her citizens.

Jul 14, 2013 at 04:38AM EDT

Sir Brown Bear wrote:

Probably at least the 18 – 40 age range.

But… what if:

The games grew up with you? Like, you start out in a small town, it progressively gets bigger, you go on your own to the city and explore.
Then you finally own your own town. Your own town that you (basically) grew up in, now yours since Tortimer has retired his job, passing the key to the village to you, now yours to command and prosper with. Think about it, your character is proportionately taller to fit a person who is an adult now (although said to be a change in New Leaf).

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:26PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!