Forums / Discussion / General

169,839 total conversations in 5,441 threads

+ New Thread

Thoughts on the new Mac Pro 2013?

Last posted Jun 20, 2013 at 10:29AM EDT. Added Jun 11, 2013 at 02:32PM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

If I get the money it’s going towards this. It’s beautiful (as are all Macs) and it has incredible specs. I’d use it as a gaming PC and possibly host my own Minecraft server.
Weird shape, but nice size and great engineering.

As a side note, if this turns into a shitstorm regarding Mac vs Windows I’m locking it.

Jun 11, 2013 at 03:33PM EDT

So it’s “Thoughts on the new Mac Pro 2013”, but one is not allowed to have a negative opinion?

Jun 11, 2013 at 03:47PM EDT

Cale wrote:

So it’s “Thoughts on the new Mac Pro 2013”, but one is not allowed to have a negative opinion?

No. You can express a negative opinion. I just don’t want this to become a Mac vs Windows flamewar in accordance with rule 6.

Jun 11, 2013 at 03:50PM EDT

Well in my industry the MAC PRO is an essential part of filming from:
Production
Sound
VTR
Camera
Editing
Post production
Visual Effects
ETC. ETC.
So this is major news for my industry.
Some concerns though is that, in the smaller size (as seen with the cube) will there be cooling issues?
Also before the new one comes out they will probably lower the price on the old ones. I can see them getting sold out quick though. People will wanna make sure that if the new one doesn’t work as well for them, they still have a back-up one to go to.

Last edited Jun 11, 2013 at 03:55PM EDT
Jun 11, 2013 at 03:53PM EDT

It’s definately going to be awesome. And they said they didn’t go with a “haswell series” chip. BUt the Xeon processor they went with has some Haswell tech developments in it…

Jun 11, 2013 at 05:01PM EDT

Cale wrote:

I think you missed the joke about trash.

But, let me explain further…

It looks like a TRASH CAN

durr huurr and all in betweeen

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:29AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!