Forums / Discussion / General

170,258 total conversations in 5,456 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Anime general

Last posted Aug 21, 2013 at 10:05AM EDT. Added Jun 17, 2013 at 08:47PM EDT
63 posts from 31 users

I watch a lot of anime, I can list them off but I am too much of a lazy fucker in order to do such a task. However lately I just finished watching Mirai Nikki, to be honest, and oddly enough I do like Yuno. Something about her entertains me, her level of bloodlust is… interesting IMO to say the least.
Recently before and during me watching Mirai Nikki, I decided to rewatch Evangelion neon genesis. To this day that ending was still 2deep4me.
Now I am trying to rewatch Cowboy Bebop because I only seen some fragments of the show and its been so long, like I was still a kid when it was on.

@The Definition of Anime
I really don’t focus on the definition much then it meaning animation to me or it being a slang for Japanese animation that is, I really don’t know what it should be, my brain is kind of doesn’t care much what is and what isn’t. Hell I wouldn’t give a damn if the Boondocks was considered to be one.
I don’t know if I could consider myself a Otaku (however besides the japanese factor, I do fit the google definition of one)
But if you replace “computer technology” with “Anime” in the definition then I am not a Otaku because I don’t feel that anime had that effect on me for the most part.

Jul 25, 2013 at 06:14PM EDT

@silver
I’m pretty strict on that. Anime refers to animation from japan. Shows like Boondocks, The last Airbender, Korra, and RWBY are anime inspired, but still western animation. As for the hypothetical scenario he gave, I’d say since it was made by an originally Japanese company, I’d still call it anime.

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:57PM EDT

Dudes, I don’t know whether to put this here or in it’s own thread, but I’ll drop this here anyways:

With more anime and manga characters to be revealed! I can’t wait to see Kenshiro, Bobobo or any of the Jojo’s (probably Jotaro) in this game!

Jul 29, 2013 at 02:58PM EDT

CrouchingSloth wrote:

So here’s a list of anime coming out this Fall
Anything you guys are interested in? Personally I’m looking forward to KILL La KILL and Pupa.

Besides KILL La KILL, nothing else at the moment, but if I hear good things about a new show, i’ll check it out.

Jul 29, 2013 at 03:41PM EDT

CrouchingSloth wrote:

So here’s a list of anime coming out this Fall
Anything you guys are interested in? Personally I’m looking forward to KILL La KILL and Pupa.

Kill La Kill sounds like it might be cool and look cool only because Gurren Lagann’s writer is writing the script.
The one with the really long title about the guy who answers multiple choice problems in his head sounds like it might be funny.
But what I really want to see is that Persona 3 movie. That looks like it’s going to be awesome!

Jul 29, 2013 at 05:13PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Besides KILL La KILL, nothing else at the moment, but if I hear good things about a new show, i’ll check it out.

Shit I’m dumb, haha. I posted the Blazeblue anime and then forgot to mention it. I’m also gonna watch infinite stratos 2

Jul 30, 2013 at 07:22PM EDT

Speaking of BlazBlue: Alter Memory… There’s a new trailer for it.

Aug 11, 2013 at 03:07PM EDT

Well slap my ass and call me Judy, thanks for posting.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:49PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!