Forums / General

191,259 total conversations in 5,245 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Hater Disliking

Last posted Jun 20, 2013 at 09:55PM EDT. Added Jun 19, 2013 at 07:35PM EDT
16 conversations with 10 participants

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Listen up. Do you dislike someone’s post and want yours to be higher? Do you hate them because they are reposting? If so, Why? This isn’t a common problem in Newgrounds, Youtube, deviantART and the rest of it. Do you just dislike their posts and just being a dick or you just want to be a popular butthurt?

Let me give you an example
Brad’s comment board is being dislike-stormed by some loser and I liked them to stop those pussy dislikes but another loser come up to dislike the posts.

For me, I dislike someone once they have somehow fucked with me. I just don’t dislike for no reason, only if someone is trying to be a dick around and dislike everything he/she wants. I don’t give a damn if i’m a troll or something else from that thing i said. Those pussies should just hide if they don’t get in a trouble. That’s all.

Jun 19, 2013 at 07:35PM EDT

1. Refer to the Greater Internet Dickwad theory. It just the way of anonymity: If you don’t quite appreciate something, why stop at “not caring” when you can go all the way and protest? So haters will hate and jackasses will jack. It’s better not to take people like that seriously.

2. I wouldn’t say this isn’t a problem elsewhere. On Youtube people will flag you for spam just for having an opinion they don’t agree with

3. Actually it could just be about wanting to be a popular butthurt. I’ve noticed that some people just need to have something to hate on. Like it scratches as itch or whatever. Everyone’s gotta have their common enemy. But that in turn makes the ‘hate’ even more meaningless

4. Another reason not to take hate too seriously here: hate gets exaggerated. People express dislike more than they actually dislike just to get attention. And don’t confuse downvotes for hate. Most downvotes just mean “I disagree, but I’m too lazy to explain why” not “OMG I HAT U GO AWAY”. Many more downvotes happen for mundane reasons, let alone dislike.

Personally, when it comes to things I don’t like; I’ll just stay away from it (people often forget you can just do that). A general rule of thumb for me is to avoid showing negative emotion online.

Speaking of showing negative emotion online: you sound a little butthurt yourself. I’d curb that if I were you, because it’s already drawing more of that dislike towards you. (See, that’s what I was talking about)

And don’t worry about Brad. He can take care of the haters himself

Last edited Jun 19, 2013 at 07:57PM EDT
Jun 19, 2013 at 07:52PM EDT

“Do you hate them because they are reposting? If so, Why?” Probably for the same reason you do. Or if not, then I dislike reposts because they’re unnecessary. It just serves to take space in a database/server with information that’s the exact same as some information that the server already have.

“This isn’t a common problem in Newgrounds, Youtube, deviantART and the rest of it.” Because it’s more difficult to copy something on YouTube because most larger youtubers say their name in every video, deviantART is harder because of signatures on the image, and Newgrounds because nobody seems to know how to copy an animation/flash game.

“Do you just dislike their posts and just being a dick or you just want to be a popular butthurt?” Just something I thought of, but maybe the dislike button is supposed to be pressed if you dislike something, not necessarily if you want to be a dick. I also don’t understand how downvoting something would make you a dick, it pretty much just means you don’t like whatever it is. If it’s a downvote then an insulting comment then I would understand.

“Let me give you an example
Brad’s comment board is being dislike-stormed by some loser and I liked them to stop those pussy dislikes but another loser come up to dislike the posts.” This actually seems like a fairly normal thing, judging by some other users walls. I can only assume that they do that because they dislike the user specifically and there’s no “Enemy List” yet. Or their just trolls.

“For me, I dislike someone once they have somehow fucked with me. I just don’t dislike for no reason, only if someone is trying to be a dick around and dislike everything he/she wants.” So if someone has an opinion that the majority doesn’t agree with, their being a dick? That’s pretty much what I got out of this. Also I gathered that you really don’t like trolls.

“I don’t give a damn if i’m a troll or something else from that thing i said.” Wait, what? So you’re not sure if you’re trolling or not?

“Those pussies should just hide if they don’t get in a trouble.” I guess I don’t understand this post at all, as disliking something kind of is hiding as it’s not as simple to get the username of everyone who disliked something as apposed to someone who commented.

I can only assume that I miss-read some of what you said, as some of it didn’t make any sense at all.

Jun 19, 2013 at 09:02PM EDT

I do wonder what the point of this thread is.

Are we supposed to share things we dislike? Are we supposed to share stories of disliking “haters”? Are we supposed to share things we hate, thus becoming the very thing we set out to hate?

A little clarity goes a long way. I’m going to leave this open for a bit, let’s hope it grows into something enjoyable.

I do agree though, this thread shouldn’t be in general. I’ll see what happens and lock later if things don’t get better. If it does get better, let’s move it to JFF.

Last edited Jun 20, 2013 at 12:58AM EDT
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:57AM EDT

@Bob

This is just nothing but Kurt Russel venting his hate and frustration with people disliking/hating things on the internet which as most have realized: Is a rather petty and hypocritical thing to do

No real discussion value. Just soapboxing

I left this thread open so he can see the results of his actions. Because if Kurt wants to learn more about why people hate things, then he just got a first hand lesson

Jun 20, 2013 at 01:49AM EDT

Look, I can see how people can get butthurt both ways in this situation, but does it really matter?

I feel you. I do. Yet son, I am disappoint.

I know you are trying to get Brad’s back and shiz, but letting the KYM General know this is like pissing in the wind.

2/10, I did upvote you though. as if karma really means anything, which it really really does

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:15PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

I in fact appreciate malevolence in all of its forms.

I appreciate male violence more..

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:26PM EDT

Captain Spark:

Oh someone is hating ponies?
*SHITSTORM

Oh X has more views than X?
*SHITSTORM

Something about 9gag…
*SHITSTORM
--------------------
Someone is disliking because fair voting sucks?
*SHITSTORM indeed

Jun 20, 2013 at 09:35PM EDT

Alex wrote:

I appreciate male violence more..

How about ass-kissers?
Do we appreciate them?

Jun 20, 2013 at 09:41PM EDT

Captain Blubber wrote:

nice post, nerd

Do you even do that to school?
“Nice try, Nerd!”

BTW, Some badass dude gave us a warning if we mess around the internet. Someone will hack the shit out of our account.
I’m sure the guy who send me this is a hacker!!

Jun 20, 2013 at 09:54PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Bob

This is just nothing but Kurt Russel venting his hate and frustration with people disliking/hating things on the internet which as most have realized: Is a rather petty and hypocritical thing to do

No real discussion value. Just soapboxing

I left this thread open so he can see the results of his actions. Because if Kurt wants to learn more about why people hate things, then he just got a first hand lesson

I was kind of hoping this thread could become something great, given enough time. I guess it’s run its course though.

Jun 20, 2013 at 09:55PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!