Forums / Discussion / General

169,913 total conversations in 5,440 threads

+ New Thread

He left...

Last posted Jun 26, 2013 at 02:02PM EDT. Added Jun 25, 2013 at 02:54PM EDT
13 posts from 11 users

I know this will give him the ability to make more of his own videos, but how can it seriously be done by one?

Jun 25, 2013 at 02:54PM EDT

It wasn’t that good in the first place, so we’re at no real loss.

Jun 25, 2013 at 03:34PM EDT

Weren’t they implying that Jon would be replaced by the dude in the plaid or did Arin say he’s doing it alone?

Jun 25, 2013 at 03:44PM EDT

Darn, now I need to find some new idiots to complain about.

Jun 25, 2013 at 04:02PM EDT

That sucks really bad. I loved the game grumps.

Jun 25, 2013 at 04:05PM EDT

It’s sad he left the show, but on the plus side Arin can stop procrastinating on animating now.

Jun 25, 2013 at 05:14PM EDT

For those not in the know, Jon was in fact replaced by the guy at the end of the video

This new guy is actually pretty funny. In the first minute and a half he’s made me laugh twice, and he just seems really comfortable in his new position

My only complaint is that they reeeeally need a new intro. Dear lord it just feels so awkward!

Anywho, I am glad to see that Jontron is going to start taking his work more seriously, and I really look forward to more frequent episodes from him. I do hope that Jon comes back for a guest episode every once in a while.

Last edited Jun 25, 2013 at 08:02PM EDT
Jun 25, 2013 at 08:01PM EDT

lol but in all seriousness, I kinda fell outta touch with the channel but might try to keep up with it again. The new team doesn’t look bad, but it feels so sudden after Jon has left (they couldn’t have waited just a few days for the pot to stop boiling over?). Not the wisest decision on their part, it will make their inception all the much harder.

Anyways, off to watch their new thingy doo o3o choo choo

Jun 25, 2013 at 08:08PM EDT

Kyntak wrote:

lol but in all seriousness, I kinda fell outta touch with the channel but might try to keep up with it again. The new team doesn’t look bad, but it feels so sudden after Jon has left (they couldn’t have waited just a few days for the pot to stop boiling over?). Not the wisest decision on their part, it will make their inception all the much harder.

Anyways, off to watch their new thingy doo o3o choo choo

I thought it was a good thing that they posted an episode with the new guy immediately. That way people can know right away what they think of the new guy without having to let the pre-conceived hatred of the new guy simmer for days into a delicious hatred stew. Granted, I am one of those super rare internet dwellers that is actually ok with change and enters things with an open mind.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:45PM EDT

But in all seriousness, it is good that Jon is working on his own projects now. BUT BY JESUS H CHRIST THAT FUCKING INTRO. Also, what do we think of Steam Train (aka )

Last edited Jun 26, 2013 at 12:09AM EDT
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:09AM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

I thought it was a good thing that they posted an episode with the new guy immediately. That way people can know right away what they think of the new guy without having to let the pre-conceived hatred of the new guy simmer for days into a delicious hatred stew. Granted, I am one of those super rare internet dwellers that is actually ok with change and enters things with an open mind.

Oh, no, I meant the new team. Steam train or whatever. I think that part of adding him on immediately was a good move (though, bound to also receive slack, like you said liking change is a rarity).
And I also agree with you that they need a new intro ._. it’s awkward.

P.S. Gonna miss musical grumps with Jon :’<

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:33PM EDT

I’m perfectly fine with the change of Not So Grumps and the new series (though the new GG intro still manages to feel like a punch to the gut :c): it means more actual JonTron episodes, and Danny’s appearance in Punch Out was pretty funny (as was his very first appearance: 003 you PICKADILLY WHORE you). But though I’m fine with the concept of Steam Train, it’s off to a bad start: the sole intentional attempt at funny in the video was the two of them making silly voices for the narration (which quickly veered into being obnoxious, IMO). The only thing that made me so much as chuckle throughout the whole episode was them being so caught up in maintaining their singular punchline that they didn’t retain the controls for the gun and accidentally threw it away mere moments afterward. Hopefully it can be chalked up to the two of them not being perfectly comfortable with each other just yet, and after some more episodes we’ll get the offensive jokes and random, inane conversations between two good buddies that made Game Grumps what it is.

Last edited Jun 26, 2013 at 02:03PM EDT
Jun 26, 2013 at 02:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!