Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Atlus has gone Bankrupt

Last posted Jun 27, 2013 at 11:48PM EDT. Added Jun 27, 2013 at 03:53PM EDT
12 posts from 10 users

Well more specifically the Index Corporation, which owns Atlus

Roughly around $250 Million in debts, and the company is looking for sponsors to help them get back up on their feet.

From what I can see, current video game project will continue production, but some unstarted games may be in trouble. It's only a matter of time before the big three come in asking for exclusives in exchange for sponsorship.

Last edited Jun 27, 2013 at 03:54PM EDT

I know Atlus for two games

Izuna is your standard dungeon-crawler with quirky characters. I find it charming, but they aren't the best games ever. I kinda feel bad about hearing that.

If I remember correctly, then Catherine was by Atlus too. Perhaps more popular than the Izuna games.

saddens me to hear this. i first found out about Atlus from the Trauma Centre game on the DS and Disgaea

i strongly hope the problems of the parent company won't seep down to Atlus themselves. i don't want to be in a world where niche video games won't see the light of day due to bad accounting from the higher-ups

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

Meganami Tensei, Tactics Ogre, they published a couple of the Persona titles, Guilty Gear, Demon's souls, King of Fighters, some Metal Slug console ports, Trauma Centre, and TONS of obscure MMO's, and Japan-only dime a dozen visual novels.

So basically games I don't like.

Well, here's to them not going under.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Well more specifically the Index Corporation, which owns Atlus

Roughly around $250 Million in debts, and the company is looking for sponsors to help them get back up on their feet.

From what I can see, current video game project will continue production, but some unstarted games may be in trouble. It's only a matter of time before the big three come in asking for exclusives in exchange for sponsorship.

So what you're saying is that they need…

Purse Owners.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA--okay no you can go ahead and hang me now for that. (But seriously I hope this doesn't have a huge impact on Atlus.)

It would be amazing if Nintendo bought them as a Second Party. I mean, they're already doing a Fire Emblem crossover with their popular Shin Megami Tensei franchise, and it would be a good way to attract an older market to their consoles.

Sony would probably benefit the second most from this. I feel like many of Atlus's latest games have been primarily sold on Sony systems.

Microsoft would get little out of this, given that their systems don't sell too well in Japan, and they don't have a good track record with Second Parties. Remember how awesome Rare used to be compared to how it is now?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!