Forums / Discussion / General

168,527 total conversations in 5,398 threads

+ New Thread


Magic: The Gathering General

Last posted Jul 15, 2013 at 03:27PM EDT. Added Jun 29, 2013 at 10:46AM EDT
58 posts from 14 users

So M14 is coming in a week, and everyone seems only mildly hype about that, so does anyone have any thoughts/concerns/theories on the Theros Expansion?

Last edited Jul 12, 2013 at 05:37PM EDT
Jul 12, 2013 at 05:36PM EDT
Quote

I have no idea, but the new cards are coming out exactly on my birthday, so that’s pretty cool.

Also, I want to build a deck with this guy in it:

Jul 13, 2013 at 03:29AM EDT
Quote

I finally got the Graveborn deck that I ordered a while back, and salvaged most of it for my first proper Reanimator deck. Took me long enough. Now I’ll just try to make it better and faster. Working on a 60 card limit is pretty rough though. There’s so much stuff I’d like to add, but it would just make it harder to draw what I need.

I actually removed the two Inkwell Leviathans from the deck in favour of another deck that I’m planning on building. I’d love to get more of those so that I could use them in both decks though, they’re pretty great.


I think I’ll start working on a blue/white clone deck that’ll prevent opponent from using combos by counterspelling and disenchanting. Then using Blue Braids and Breath of Life as the main tools for getting huge islandwalker Leviathans (Stormtide, Benthic, and Inkwell) in play, and then cloning them.

I think I’ll also add cards like Dream Thrush, Reef Shaman and Sea’s Claim, in order to ensure the Leviathans remain unblockable. Too bad I couldn’t get Evil Twins for my deck, since I would’ve had the cards to ensure I’d get the black mana I need for casting them.

I hope it’ll turn out well when I can actually get to building it.

Jul 13, 2013 at 09:32AM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

So M14 is coming in a week, and everyone seems only mildly hype about that, so does anyone have any thoughts/concerns/theories on the Theros Expansion?

it might have the greek gods as planeswalkers

Jul 14, 2013 at 04:10PM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

So M14 is coming in a week, and everyone seems only mildly hype about that, so does anyone have any thoughts/concerns/theories on the Theros Expansion?

Theros is going to be great.

From everything I’ve seen about it, it is based off of greek and roman mythology, which is neato.

Not to mention from a gameplay standpoint, it will probably be a set focusing on monocolored decks (see: lack of mana fixing in m14, mostly likely switching up from the duo color emphasis of the last few years), it is also most likely going to focus on legendary creatures and permanents (evidenced by the change to the legendary rule which just took effect, when the last time they changed it was before the kamigawa set, which also focused on legendaries).

It’s going to be really unique and I can’t wait to play it.

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:59AM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

Theros is going to be great.

From everything I’ve seen about it, it is based off of greek and roman mythology, which is neato.

Not to mention from a gameplay standpoint, it will probably be a set focusing on monocolored decks (see: lack of mana fixing in m14, mostly likely switching up from the duo color emphasis of the last few years), it is also most likely going to focus on legendary creatures and permanents (evidenced by the change to the legendary rule which just took effect, when the last time they changed it was before the kamigawa set, which also focused on legendaries).

It’s going to be really unique and I can’t wait to play it.

Some of the stuff I’ve been reading on forums has people thinking it’s going to have a larger focus on creature types, seeing the large variety of creatures that Classical Mythology has.

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:04PM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

Some of the stuff I’ve been reading on forums has people thinking it’s going to have a larger focus on creature types, seeing the large variety of creatures that Classical Mythology has.

and new effects, common legendaries (maybe), and could be greek god planeswalkers

Jul 15, 2013 at 03:27PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!