Forums / Discussion / General

170,469 total conversations in 5,572 threads

+ New Thread

Happy 4th

Last posted Jul 10, 2013 at 11:17PM EDT. Added Jul 04, 2013 at 04:31AM EDT
22 posts from 15 users

Couldn’t you have made the video smaller, or did you do that on purpose?

Jul 04, 2013 at 04:42AM EDT

@Vazquez

Half of that video was off the side of my screen so I shrunk it down for you.

Happy 4th! Apparently there will be a display at Bass Lake, I’m going to check it out

Jul 04, 2013 at 04:45AM EDT

Hello Americans! Just an English guy here casually passing through!

Jul 04, 2013 at 10:55AM EDT

All these British people remind me that in 1995, I celebrated the 4th of July in a pub in Cambridge. Partially due to irony, (but mostly due to good beer) it was probably my best 4th of July ever.

Jul 04, 2013 at 03:33PM EDT

Ladies and gentlemen, today, July 4th, we remember a glorious day for most of us, the birth of our beloved country, setting us free out of the overly conservative british men, even though we must remember those brave people who colonized all this terrains from the indians. Even if we had a violent beggining, we can proudly brag about our FREEDOM thanks to Abraham F. Washington,

who proceeded to beat the crap out of the strongest brits they could send, having no choice other than giving them what they wanted. So, this day is a massive celebration, go outside, play baseball, go to parades, watch fireworks, but most importantly, stand in front of your flag, put a hand in your heart and take a minute to think about the valiant war veterans like me.
tl; dr ´MURICA, FUCK YEAH

Jul 04, 2013 at 03:55PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

All these British people remind me that in 1995, I celebrated the 4th of July in a pub in Cambridge. Partially due to irony, (but mostly due to good beer) it was probably my best 4th of July ever.

>Considered best 4th of July
>Had it in England

>lol

Jul 04, 2013 at 05:43PM EDT

While people eat, get drunk and shooting off fire works at each other, please remember that this is Independence Day.

Remember this may commemorate the day we declare our independence from the Kingdom of Britain with the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. But, remember, the signing of that document didn’t win the war for us, it was the people. The people who wanted freedom from Britain. The people who still fight ’till this day to keep us free and others as well. Celebrate and honor the sacrifices that both men and women gave us for this country.

Many people, even the people who live here, may hate America, but home is home. Respect the dead who bled for this country to live and salute the soldiers that are still alive and willing to spill their blood to keep their home safe.

Some say freedom is free,
But I tend to disagree
Some say freedom is won,
From the barrel of a gun
Tell me why, tell me why
Does a soldier have to die

Last edited Jul 04, 2013 at 10:16PM EDT
Jul 04, 2013 at 10:06PM EDT

Derp Satan wrote:

I recently read somewhere that a large number of Americans would be pleased to have Bruce Springsteen write a new national anthem. Personally, I like The Star-Spangled Banner, and while yes, Springsteen is talented, if we’re going to update the anthem, we might as well just go with the above. Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely 4th of July, and celebrated it appropriately.

Jul 05, 2013 at 02:40AM EDT

Are we just going to keep bumping this thread? Also…Bastille Day soon.

Jul 07, 2013 at 11:41PM EDT

@Katie:

No, we’re not going to be bumping this thread.

Jul 08, 2013 at 12:58AM EDT

Best to just let it die of natural causes, you know?

Jul 08, 2013 at 07:27PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

Best to just let it die of natural causes, you know?

FREEDOM NEVER DIES.

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:17PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!