Forums / Discussion / General

168,580 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread

Cult Classic "Earthbound" Hits the Wii U's eShop

Last posted Jul 19, 2013 at 12:24PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2013 at 02:26PM EDT
7 posts from 7 users

Well a year ago, I couldn’t take it any longer to play it so I went ahead and spent over 100 dollars online for a original SNES copy. I did this because I heard someone say beforehand that Earthbound really couldn’t be on the VC because of its numerous pop cultural references causing copyright infringement. I still want a Wii U, but since I already have the original copy, I won’t download the VC version when I get one. Luckily people who didn’t want to spend that much money for an original copy will be happy.

Jul 18, 2013 at 02:56PM EDT

Well I sure am happy considering it was never released in Europe, so this is basically an opportunity for us Europeans to find out what all the fuss was about.

Jul 18, 2013 at 03:24PM EDT

Looks like I have no choice but to buy a Wii U now. Shoot.

Jul 18, 2013 at 05:49PM EDT

This is one of the reasons I want a Wii U.
I played Chrono Trigger about 2 years ago, and when I replayed it after a few months, it gave me about 1/4 of the nostalgia I had for games I played as a kid. Right now I’m saving some more nostalgia, and will replay it in about a month.
I want to do the same with Earthbound. Even if I had the final boss spoiled.
And Ness is one of my favorite Smash characters. So it is only natural that I’m so anxious.

Jul 19, 2013 at 01:20AM EDT

I payed $130 for a SNES copy of EarthBound. It was in bad condition, and had an old Gamestop sticker on the back with “$29.99” printed on it.

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:24PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!