Forums / Discussion / General

169,847 total conversations in 5,438 threads

+ New Thread


The Royal Babby Came

Last posted Aug 01, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT. Added Jul 22, 2013 at 02:01PM EDT
55 posts from 21 users

Well, Kate Middleton has just arrived in a hospital as she is in labor. This is the moment we have been waiting for, the birth of the royal baby. The favorites are: it’s a girl and the name being Victoria or Alexandria. I for one hope it’s a boy/prince.

Jul 22, 2013 at 02:01PM EDT
Quote

GoingMenthol wrote:

i turn on the TV and all i see is breaking news of:

Which channel? CNN?

Jul 22, 2013 at 02:18PM EDT
Quote

This is the moment we have been waiting for

Tbh, I hardly care.

Jul 22, 2013 at 02:19PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

This is the moment we have been waiting for

Tbh, I hardly care.

Why? This is a big deal. This baby will become the king/queen of Britain.

Jul 22, 2013 at 02:23PM EDT
Quote

The only real interesting thing I see about this, is that this child will be the first in several generations of British royalty to not have a heavily increased chance of mental/physical disorders due to inbreeding.

While the monarchy has little real power, it seems to me that this question is far more important than gender or right-to-rule:

Is he or she going to be bat-shit insane?

Jul 22, 2013 at 02:44PM EDT
Quote

Princess Celestia wrote:

The only real interesting thing I see about this, is that this child will be the first in several generations of British royalty to not have a heavily increased chance of mental/physical disorders due to inbreeding.

While the monarchy has little real power, it seems to me that this question is far more important than gender or right-to-rule:

Is he or she going to be bat-shit insane?

If it’s a boy named George, the chances will be high.

Jul 22, 2013 at 02:47PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Which channel? CNN?

itv, channel 4, bbc 1
in the morning there were more channels spamming the news and everyone outside with their TVs turned on was set to the BBC News channel

i don’t mind the news of a royal baby, but i’m sure people have more important things to talk about than “no news, yet”, “still no news”, “might have to wait tomorrow, but we’ll wait just in case”

Last edited Jul 22, 2013 at 02:50PM EDT
Jul 22, 2013 at 02:48PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

If it’s a boy named George, the chances will be high.

if it’s a boy named Phillip, let’s hope he watches his tongue.

To a British student in China, 1986: “If you stay here much longer, you’ll go home with slitty eyes.”
To Andrew Adams, 13, in 1998: “You could do with losing a little bit of weight.”
“I’d like to go to Russia very much – although the bastards murdered half my family.” 1967.

Jul 22, 2013 at 03:00PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Why? This is a big deal. This baby will become the king/queen of Britain.

In around 45 years yeah, so it’s not even relevant.

Last edited Jul 22, 2013 at 04:12PM EDT
Jul 22, 2013 at 03:56PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

If it’s a boy named George, the chances will be high.

The last two Georges were fantastic rulers, actually.

Jul 22, 2013 at 04:11PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

>The Royal Baby Came

I don’t like that title, it sounds wrong.

They start so young nowadays.

Jul 22, 2013 at 05:09PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

They start so young nowadays.

See? Porn IS corrupting our youth!
Seriously though, who really cares? Babies are born every day, what makes this one so special? Because it’s royalty? The monarchy don’t really matter anymore, they certainly don’t matter to me. As far as I see, the royal family is just one of millions of families, and this baby is just one of millions of babies. The wealth of the family you are born into shouldn’t make a difference, and giving the excuse that “but it’s royalty!” is stupid too. Like I said, the monarchy is irrelevant nowadays. ‘News’ about the royal family is no different to celebrity gossip at this point.

Jul 22, 2013 at 07:16PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Yes.

Maybe. Lay out your reasoning on why someone in a foreign country should care about the birth of a child who may grow up to hold a superficial position in another country’s government.

Jul 22, 2013 at 08:54PM EDT
Quote

Hundreds of thousands of babies are born everyday, I don’t give two shits about them, so why should I care about this one in particular?

Jul 23, 2013 at 01:51AM EDT
Quote

SirBrownBear wrote:

Hundreds of thousands of babies are born everyday, I don’t give two shits about them, so why should I care about this one in particular?

Because he will be a king.

Jul 23, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT
Quote

Honestly, just not even 10 minutes ago they were complaining about how Americans celebrate independence day and yet some care about this and the monarchy on the radio lol.

Jul 23, 2013 at 02:06AM EDT
Quote

Lots of people on KYM posted their who cares comments, but it’s not as bad as these Twitter comments.

http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/07/22/play/americans-reaction-kate-middleton-royal-baby-twitter/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=americans-reaction-kate-middleton-royal-baby-twitter&pid=6078

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:04AM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Because he will be a king.

Still, King of England is mostly a superficial title and it doesn’t affect anyone outside of Britland. What about all the royal newborns of countries besides England?

Jul 23, 2013 at 04:09AM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Because he will be a king.

Does that make him better than anyone else?

Chowz, you’re clearly trying to condition both this forum and the comment section on the article to follow your point of view, and will disregard anyone following a different opinion than yours by some sort of point of view like it’s impossible to not care. And this isn’t the first time this happened, I’m certain you remember.

Here’s a fun scenario: People having different opinions. And the majority on this is simply not giving a fuck, accept it.

Last edited Jul 23, 2013 at 07:49AM EDT
Jul 23, 2013 at 07:40AM EDT
Quote

There’s really no reason to care that a baby was brought into this world no matter what his ultimate destiny is. Children are being born all the time and they could all amount to greatness, yet I don’t see anyone caring about them. Choosing to care about this child because he might be king one day is pretty trivial, in my opinion.

Jul 23, 2013 at 07:53AM EDT
Quote

I don’t particularly care about the fact that the newborn was born into the “royal” family, considering it’s a superficial title that really just means nothing these days, but still, I am happy the royal couple was able to have a healthy baby boy. I hope he grows up healthy, and becomes a fine representative of Britain. I just won’t be following him along the whole way to make sure he does.

Out of curiosity, chowz, why do you care so much about it being a boy?

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:21PM EDT
Quote

Out of curiosity, chowz, why do you care so much about it being a boy?

Let me truncate that question for you:

Out of curiosity, chowz, why do you care?

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:57PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Out of curiosity, chowz, why do you care so much about it being a boy?

Let me truncate that question for you:

Out of curiosity, chowz, why do you care?

Why do I care? Because this is a once in a lifetime event. Would you please rather see the news report tragic events like deaths and bad economies or would you want to see some happy news like the Royal Baby?

Update: The official name will be George Alexander Louis Windsor. In other words, King George VII when he becomes king.

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:16PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Why do I care? Because this is a once in a lifetime event. Would you please rather see the news report tragic events like deaths and bad economies or would you want to see some happy news like the Royal Baby?

Update: The official name will be George Alexander Louis Windsor. In other words, King George VII when he becomes king.

I think your definition of happy and most people’s definition of happy is far different.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 02:34PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 02:33PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Why do I care? Because this is a once in a lifetime event. Would you please rather see the news report tragic events like deaths and bad economies or would you want to see some happy news like the Royal Baby?

Update: The official name will be George Alexander Louis Windsor. In other words, King George VII when he becomes king.

The problem is, the news is taking it too seriously and the internet is not taking it seriously at all. I do care, it is pretty important, but the news is caring a bit too much

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:38PM EDT
Quote

OP, Absolut Faggot wrote:

I think your definition of happy and most people’s definition of happy is far different.

relatively speaking, the royal baby is happy news as opposed to the following news posted today by the BBC:

- A teenager has been found guilty of manslaughter after starting a fire that killed four siblings in Freckleton, Lancashire
- The only vaccine to protect against a deadly form of meningitis should not be introduced in the UK
- The body of man has been recovered from a reservoir in Cumbria after a search by emergency services
- New data shows that, despite some improvement, Northern Ireland is still the worst-performing UK region in the construction sector

it was over the top, yes, but having some good news every now and then isn’t a bad thing

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:46PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Because this is a once in a lifetime event.

Once? Is the royal family like Halley’s Comet? Do they only cum once every 75 years?

You’re 20-years-old. Assume another birth in 25 years. Then another 25 years later.
It’s likely you’ll have at least three “royal” births in your lifetime.


Update: The official name will be George Alexander Louis Windsor. In other words, King George VII when he becomes king.

Not necessarily. King George VI was born Albert of Windsor, but chose his official title based off of his father, King George V. It was supposed to ease the issues surrounding Edward VIII’s abdication of the throne.

If he so chooses, George of Cambridge may change his official title from his first name before his coronation in.. 60-some years?

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 02:57PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 02:54PM EDT
Quote

No one has much reason to care.

British royalty is just a figurehead, even! IT DOES OT AFFECT THE WORLD. (Or indeed, much for most people in the UK.)

Jul 24, 2013 at 02:58PM EDT
Quote

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

No one has much reason to care.

British royalty is just a figurehead, even! IT DOES OT AFFECT THE WORLD. (Or indeed, much for most people in the UK.)

considering the queen must say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ before any law is passed, i’d say the royal family have an important role

btw, laws are passed by
- make a bill in House of Commons, get it passed
- bill goes to House of Lords (they can also make a bill), get it passed
- bill goes to head of royal family (cannot make a bill), ‘yes’ makes it an Act of Parliament and becomes law, ‘no’ doesn’t

Jul 24, 2013 at 03:30PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Why do I care? Because this is a once in a lifetime event. Would you please rather see the news report tragic events like deaths and bad economies or would you want to see some happy news like the Royal Baby?

Update: The official name will be George Alexander Louis Windsor. In other words, King George VII when he becomes king.

I got a new King this year. Once in a lifetime would ya think. My Southern neighbours (Belgium) now got one as well. I still have quite some time of my live left.

Things like a baby being born into a royal family are not a Brittish privelege, there are more royal families out there. An average person sees 3-4 generations in his livetime, I’m quite certain you’ll see the birth of Georgie’s first kid as well.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 03:44PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 03:43PM EDT
Quote

Crazy☾ wrote:

chowzburgerz wrote:
Because this is a once in a lifetime event.

Once? Is the royal family like Halley’s Comet? Do they only cum once every 75 years?

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 04:09PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 04:08PM EDT
Quote

Erin the Furry wrote:

Hey look, no one’s posted this yet.

My god… I have lost ALL faith in humanity. So what, is the baby just gonna say “Goo goo gaga, I’M A BOY”?
I bet, if it was a girl who was born no one would have a problem with it. They aren’t forcing gender, the baby is a boy, deal with it.

Jul 24, 2013 at 04:19PM EDT
Quote

Erin the Pegasister wrote:


Sorry for the pony.

Like I said before, this is the first genetically stable child in generations. The chances for physical, mental, and emotional instabilities are low, and this kid can grow up with some better assurance that he’s not going to end up one day running around the palace in his underwear screaming about the PM taking his cookies.

Dear Feminazis,

Could we kindly not fuck this up with your bitching of gender identity? Choice matters, yes, but if this child ends up choosing to be female later on in his life – he’s going to have a world of problems outside of the basic social pressures. The world obsessed over his birth. He’ll be watched like a hawk for the rest of his days. I honestly hope he does choose to be and stay male – for sanity’s sake alone.

@RandomMan
Bahaha.

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 04:32PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 04:31PM EDT
Quote

>tfw your middle name is George and your favourite number is 7

Last edited Jul 24, 2013 at 05:25PM EDT
Jul 24, 2013 at 05:21PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!