Forums / General

191,428 total conversations in 5,252 threads

+ New Thread

The Royal Babby Came

Last posted Aug 01, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT. Added Jul 22, 2013 at 02:01PM EDT
55 conversations with 21 participants

Caramel wrote:

Still, King of England is mostly a superficial title and it doesn’t affect anyone outside of Britland. What about all the royal newborns of countries besides England?

Apparently Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the other twelve Commonwealth Realms this kid will grow up to be the ceremonial head of state of don’t count then.

Jul 24, 2013 at 08:21PM EDT

@Lost cause.

The royal family is still superficial even to commonwealth nations. We manage ourselves just fine without any royals opinion.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:19PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Lost cause.

The royal family is still superficial even to commonwealth nations. We manage ourselves just fine without any royals opinion.

I’m not disputing that. I’m saying that claiming this only affects the UK in some way is a tad narrow minded.

Jul 25, 2013 at 03:42AM EDT

Lost Cause wrote:

I’m not disputing that. I’m saying that claiming this only affects the UK in some way is a tad narrow minded.

*only affects the UK in this superficial manner

Jul 25, 2013 at 04:23AM EDT

chowzburgerz wrote:

You should care.

He will always have whatever he wants, solely because he was born into a family that is distantly related to the original rulers. The very definition of bourgeois. He has nothing in common with the people he will eventually ceremonially rule, he contributes nothing but tourism revenue (which could be easily attributed to the palaces, not the monarchs themselves), and lives an exorbitant lifestyle on the government’s dime while poverty and starvation still exist throughout the nations in which he is ostensibly the regent.

So, as to the question “Should people care?”

Last edited Aug 01, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT
Aug 01, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!