Forums / Discussion / General

169,869 total conversations in 5,437 threads

+ New Thread

A Lego Movie?

Last posted Jul 24, 2013 at 06:33PM EDT. Added Jul 23, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT
10 posts from 9 users

Not sure if anyone knows about this yet, but it appears Lego are actually making a movie!
After years of fanboys complaining about the absence of Lego on the big screen, they are finally going ahead with a stopmotion film.
The story is about a guy named Emmet who happens to be mistaken as being the “Master Builder” meaning that he is apparently the most powerful man in existence, and he must help stop the evil tyrant president President Business from destroying the world by gluing it together.
Liam Neeson
Will Ferrell
And Morgan Freeman are all voice acting.
My childhood is officially complete.

Jul 23, 2013 at 09:23PM EDT

Insouciant Insect wrote:

The next toy brand to be put on the big screen: Easy-Bake

Even better, slip n’ slide the movie!

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:03PM EDT

All in all, it looks better than I could have expected.

Now I don’t know what to think.

And now i want to listen to “A-Ha”

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:45PM EDT

I think it’s gonna be great
The amount of detail is amazing
Like, instead of using standard fire or laser effects, they actually use the real-life fire pieces and trans-rods for the effects
I feel like that amount of dedication deserves major props

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:48PM EDT

Yeah, it’s pretty cool how absolutely everything looks like it’s made out of legos unlike in the games. That kind of always annoyed me for some reason.

anyone else hoping this guy will make an appearance?

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:18AM EDT

Iamslow wrote:

Yeah, it’s pretty cool how absolutely everything looks like it’s made out of legos unlike in the games. That kind of always annoyed me for some reason.

anyone else hoping this guy will make an appearance?

ORANGE TRANSPARENT CHAINSAW

EPIC WIN

A lego movie full of legos and no other stuff. Good idea.

Jul 24, 2013 at 07:23AM EDT

All of it looks good so far except for the generic love interest that seems pointlessly shoehorned in. (As generic love interests tend to be.)

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:34AM EDT

Insouciant Insect wrote:

The next toy brand to be put on the big screen: Easy-Bake

or furbys

Jul 24, 2013 at 03:09PM EDT

It took me a few seconds to realize that it was actually CGI and not Stop-Motion-- the animation looks like everything we could want from a big-screen LEGO movie, but I’m terrified that the story might turn out to be so good.

From what we’ve seen so far, the film looks like it should be a blast…….but I’m still about to pee my pants with nervousness because I’m still scared the big-budget companies who didn’t grow up playing with LEGO might screw it up……..

Jul 24, 2013 at 06:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!