Forums / Discussion / General

232,723 total conversations in 7,782 threads

+ New Thread

What do you want in the next "know your meme" episode?

Last posted Nov 07, 2009 at 10:16PM EST. Added Nov 04, 2009 at 07:55PM EST
34 posts from 21 users

Chris made a script for Canon Rock even before the article was made, so it is sure that there will be an episode for that meme some time in the future. Same thing with Auto-tune and Phonetic Translations, but the scripts were made after their articles were made.

Verbose Memes would make an amazingly awesome video indeed. I also have a feeling that a Kanye Interrupts video and a Balloon Boy video might come soon seeing as how these two suddenly exploded into memedom in such a short span of time.

Personally, I'd be happy if any of the Nico Nico Douga memes (other than Geddan which is done) or any Exploitable meme were to be made into a video. I would also love to see a "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" video or a "How is babby formed?" video just for the lulz.

I'm also fine if these memes were given their own videos:
- The Game (just to piss everyone off by making them lose while watching the video)
- Crying While Eating
- Photo-a-day
- Hyperactive
- X Doesn't Change Facial Expressions
- Any YTMND meme

Actually, I'd quite like to see an episode on Rageguy or I am Disappoint.
Though maybe they could just do a christmas special on four-panels and the like; and feature a number of amusing comic strip style memes…

i think it would be nice for there to be an episode for billy mays and his rival Vince Shlomi to have an episode. probably in one episode while describing stuff like why we like them and little known facts or stuff like that.

Good suggestions guys. We actually have the next episode (guest starring Weird Al) getting edited now, and already have the scripts for the next 4 episodes in the works. But we'll definitely take this into consideration for January.

Ideas eh?

Well, I'd have to recommend covering some more classics
like Bel-air, Mudkips or Battletoads. Whether you love them
or hate them they're all very well known.
Deserving of a place in the video archive methinks :)

@ Tomberry

Oh yes, What is Love? would make a great episode!

@ Chris

Is it possible to somehow secretly insert the number 27 into the next video while you guys are still editing it? If you know your Weird Al trivia, you'll know what I mean by this.

@ yatta

Is that so? I wonder which ones…

@ drnic

Classic well-known memes are well-known, so I think that the need for videos that teach people that already know about them would be unnecessary BUT not unrecommended, of course.

Memes that I want as the main topic for a future video would be those obscure ones that many people don't know of very well. It is through that process that people can actually learn more about memes that they may not know of, thus making them learn something new and exciting to spread on teh interwebz with.

Going back to the thread's topic, I just realized I never suggested any of my confirmed memes for a video. Well, I would really like to see a Danjo video just to see Yatta, Ellie, and/or Jamie dancing it. Maybe a Stick Figure Animations video would be interesting to see as well.

@ Jostin
I can definately see your logic there, but more often than not, I find that people know a lot of the meme derivatives, but know little about the orgins of the meme itself. I can't say I know all that much about all of the classic ones. Plus, classic usually means of lot of scope for research and lots of lulzy possibilities (for instance, the Battletoads release date and advert are brilliant, definiate highlights that would be worth documenting)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!