Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Doctor Who General : NEW DOCTOR ANNOUNCED

Last posted Sep 22, 2013 at 04:30AM EDT. Added Aug 04, 2013 at 02:37PM EDT
25 posts from 17 users

Peter Capaldi confirmed as new doctor by the BBC network

What are your thoughts on this new Doctor Who? This man is undeniably funny and has starred in several large flicks including the recent World War Z (Where he was cleverly cast as a W.H.O. doctor), and played Malcolm Tucker in the hit show The Thick of It.

Last edited Aug 04, 2013 at 02:55PM EDT

inb4 UGH! MOFFAT HAS TOTALLY JUMPED THE SHARK WITH THIS! CAPALDI'S SO OLD AND UNFUNNY. HE'LL NEVER REPLACE SMITH AND WILL TOTALLY CAUSE WHO TO FAIL MISERABLY. NOTHING CAN EVER BEAT THE 11TH DOCTOR! NOTHING! MOFFAT CAN TAKE HIS TIMEY WIMEY BALL AND SHOVE IT RIGHT UP HIS--You get the idea. I'm tempted to make an expedition to Tumblr to witness the ruslted jimmies.

Also, have some sauce for your pasta.

Can't know in advance what he'll be like, but it's nice that the Doctor isn't getting younger in appearance every time he regenerates now. It could get weird if he literally looked like a child. I know they probably wouldn't do that anyway, but… still.

As a guy who has only watched 2 episodes of Doctor Who I have one question:

How do I get into it? Because I don't really watch Television and when I do there's really nothing on.

Omomon wrote:

As a guy who has only watched 2 episodes of Doctor Who I have one question:

How do I get into it? Because I don't really watch Television and when I do there's really nothing on.

Netflix is your friend! But, then again, that's only if you have it.

I dunno, illegally watch the episodes online? I got nothin'.

Omomon said:

How do I get into it? Because I don’t really watch Television and when I do there’s really nothing on.

If you're asking "where do I start?", SF Debris' got you covered (personally, I started with the "reboot" and haven't watched an "old" episode):

If you're asking "how do I watch it?", there's plenty of websites, just type in "Watch Doctor Who" into Google and go to it. Personally, I prefer the "Free TV Project". Just keep in mind that buffering rates on sites like Putlocker, Videoweed, etc. can be bastards, so you might have to do something else while it buffers.

If you're asking literally "how do I get into it?", it's all up to personal taste. When I first started, I was turned off by how "Dark" some of the episodes were and how goofy it could get with it's monsters and plots. Later, when Sci-fi started raping Stargate, I tried it again and was able to get into it. Just like with any show, there's going to be good episodes and bad.

@xTSGx
>"reboot"
>"reboot"
>"reboot"

For future reference, the proper term is "revival". Reboot would imply they abandoned all past stories and started fresh from the very beginning again, which is not the case here, as they retain continuity with the old episodes and the movie from the 90's.

Sorry, but every time I hear "reboot" in reference to Doctor Who…my jimmies, man…think of the jimmies.

While I never heard of him until now I'm not going criticism him for that. Form the info I found about this guy his good actor so any fears of him being bad as been lessen but I guess the big question would be what interpretation is he going to use for The Doctor cause no one Doctor is the same as the others. So lets sit back and wait for his series begin before we start rustling our jimmies.

Btw whens the date for the The Doctor Who 50th anniversary special?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!