Forums / Discussion / General

169,289 total conversations in 5,522 threads

+ New Thread

Comiket 84 (And Touhou 14) thread

Last posted Aug 26, 2013 at 02:12PM EDT. Added Aug 09, 2013 at 12:40AM EDT
56 posts from 4 users

I got my ass kicked by Extra again, I made a really really bad run. I died TWICE on the first spellcard.

Aug 16, 2013 at 04:23AM EDT

Speaking of extra stages, I just managed to 1cc EoSD with MarisaB. (Had to set the life count to 5 to do it, though. And I ran out of resources on Remilia’s final spellcard, but still, a 1cc is a 1cc.)

That means I could in theory get to Flandre now. (In theory, mind. It may actually take me quite a number of attempts to reach her. And then many more to actually complete an extra stage.)

Aug 18, 2013 at 03:59AM EDT

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Speaking of extra stages, I just managed to 1cc EoSD with MarisaB. (Had to set the life count to 5 to do it, though. And I ran out of resources on Remilia’s final spellcard, but still, a 1cc is a 1cc.)

That means I could in theory get to Flandre now. (In theory, mind. It may actually take me quite a number of attempts to reach her. And then many more to actually complete an extra stage.)

Mokou is much easier.

Also, Flandre’s stage is one of the hardest extra stages. You also fight Patchouli in the middle of it, who has a fairly easy first spellcard, but the 2nd is fucking impossible and the third is no pushover.

Anyway, when it comes to midbosses, here’s what happens with me.

Patchouli: Capture first, bomb 2nd, maybe capture 3rd.
Chen: Maybe pass first pattern, bomb 1st, rarely capture 2nd
Keine: Capture first, capture 2nd, rarely capture 3rd
Kanako: Pass 1st pattern without bombing, capture 1st and 2nd, bomb 3rd.
Sanae: Capture first and second, maybe capture third.
Totara: Capture first, bomb 2nd and third. (Probably die too)
Nue: Capture all three.
Sisters: Pass first pattern, capture 1st, bomb 2nd.

Easiest stage would probably be SA or MoF, hardest would be UFO by far.

Aug 18, 2013 at 04:23AM EDT

I played though Double Dealing Character on Easy, and found that you can unlock Extra Mode that way.

Shameless way to unlock all the styles for the extra mode, though it essentially means Zun intended the game to be an insane nightmare.

No luck on Normal Mode. I keep wasting entire supplies of bombs because the Death Bomb Cuttion is insanely short this time. Got to stage 5 boss with Marisa A because of trigger happiness.

Aug 26, 2013 at 04:33AM EDT

Guess that means 4 games allow an extra stage unlock on easy, then. Which is stupid considering the hardest extra stage (that of Fairy Wars) is one of those four.

Aug 26, 2013 at 06:44AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I played though Double Dealing Character on Easy, and found that you can unlock Extra Mode that way.

Shameless way to unlock all the styles for the extra mode, though it essentially means Zun intended the game to be an insane nightmare.

No luck on Normal Mode. I keep wasting entire supplies of bombs because the Death Bomb Cuttion is insanely short this time. Got to stage 5 boss with Marisa A because of trigger happiness.

That’s as far as I can get on Hard Mode.

Aug 26, 2013 at 02:12PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!