Forums / Discussion / General

168,535 total conversations in 5,397 threads

+ New Thread

Have you ever made any art KYM?

Last posted Aug 12, 2013 at 10:42PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2013 at 05:02PM EDT
24 posts from 23 users

I mean art in a very broad sense. Not just visual art but written art, performing arts, etc. etc.

Post links if you want but mainly I just want to know if you did (or still do) and what kind of art it was.

Aug 10, 2013 at 05:02PM EDT

I have mainly been entertaining you guys and expanding my skills by doing requests and shit for the past year and a half. Nowhere close to the professional level, but with the little extra push I will get from College Art Lessons in the coming years… yeah, I will be on a professional level soon.

You can see how I got better over the years.

Though the goal of said art lessons is not just for drawn art, but as a mandatory part of Game Development classes that I will be taking. Which is a form of art in itself.

Last edited Aug 10, 2013 at 05:44PM EDT
Aug 10, 2013 at 05:41PM EDT

I pencil sketch a bit. Or used to, I don’t as much nowadays. I usually prefer organic subjects (can’t stand still lifes and plastics and stuff like that, honestly).

I’ve drawn a few animals, and I can draw the male body (I gave up on girls a long time ago, girls, your boobs are an enigma to me, idk how to draw them without being asymmetrical, too big, too small, saggy, fricking pointing up (lol), or just plain looking like what I can only describe as a “chest butt”. lol), I also drew Anne Hathaway as the white queen, but I lost it, and the file I saved it on got corrupted T.T it was pretty good too.

Deviantart here if you want a peak, though, lol, I haven’t touched it in literal years

Last edited Aug 10, 2013 at 06:16PM EDT
Aug 10, 2013 at 06:15PM EDT

Those of you who have been around the RP thread will have seen my efforts…

Latest thing I made was a new avatar. Yeah, I’m not very good, and I am prepared to admit it.

Aug 10, 2013 at 06:21PM EDT

ITT: We shamelessly whore ourselves out. It’s pony fanfic time! (No, xTSGx! No!)

Statistics, my “artsy” feels fanfic that’s loaded with padding.

Stereotypical, my satire that’s crippling anvilicious and was subject to Poe’s Law over on Live Journal.

Ascend, my take on the “Twilight becomes an alicorn” genre (before canon nuked it from orbit) and my most popular story, apparently because it’s a lighthearted comedy as opposed to the Dark angsty fics that form most of the genre. Has a trainwreck of a plot due to not planning things out when I started writing it.

Cutie Mark Crusader Alicorn Hunters, the spinoff of Ascend that I made the mistake of starting and have lost all interest in.

Regent, Ascend’s sequel that has Twilight take over Equestria while the princesses are on vacation. Government bureaucracy, politics, and military coups ensue.

And finally, Compliance, my attempt to parody the infamous Rainbow Factory by having a surprise OSHA inspection take place.

Last edited Aug 10, 2013 at 06:23PM EDT
Aug 10, 2013 at 06:22PM EDT

I have a DeviantArt account where I have posted various things. Below is one thing I made in High School Intro to Art Class. I’ve posted this on this site before, but for those who haven’t seen it, you can now.

Aug 10, 2013 at 07:41PM EDT

For writing, my KYM articles come the closest. And I take my KYM articles serious in a professional way when possible, so a topic I know or find a lot about will be near-staff quality. If you want examples if interested, I can link you some entries which easily contain 90% of my own research and writing to work as an example.

As for images, I can Photoshop. 75% of those are 15 minute max. shoops that I just made for fun to post somewhere as a reply, but I have a collection of more decent stuff. I don’t have skills regarding background or stuff, but faceswaps and similar things are perfectly within my skills.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:35PM EDT

I’m working on a novel and I’ve written some speeches for different purposes (only one of which I have actually delivered).

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:04PM EDT

I have two DeviantArt accounts (Second one is inactive, and has more of a focus on fanart/art from early high school years, first one should be more active, but sadly is not very well maintained)

I am also studying Illustration in starving scho- I mean art school.

I would start an art thread in JFF, but I don’t got time for dat shit

Last edited Aug 10, 2013 at 11:33PM EDT
Aug 10, 2013 at 11:31PM EDT

I’ve drawn for you guys mainly for my own entertainment, and something to do for you guys. It’s also practice when I become a game designer in the upcoming years.

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:23AM EDT

I’m periodically writing a work of fiction that’s going to be really, really long when it’s finished. I haven’t actually been working on it lately, but I’ve been brainstorming a whole lot recently. Part of the reason being that I want to expose myself to as much varied fiction as possible before going into the massive undertaking of writing the damn thing.

There will be cultural references. Lots and lots of them.

Aug 11, 2013 at 01:25AM EDT

Do I even need to say anything?

I do the occasional arts, and hit 44,444 pageviews on dA a while back.

I also play the keyboard occasionally, although just for fun, and I can hardly read sheet music.

Add in the occasional small scale photshopping, one short fic I wrote when I got bored at work, and some acting and performing when I was a kid, and you’ve got just about everything artsy I’ve ever done.

I also paint houses.

Real ones.

Not on canvas.

Aug 11, 2013 at 03:48AM EDT

Anyone here can speak of my extreme art skills.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:08AM EDT

I’ve attempted to draw art, but it doesn’t really work out. Here’s some Binding of Isaac fan art I drew of the Rainbow Baby item:

I know, I suck at drawing. :/

Aug 12, 2013 at 04:16PM EDT

I draw, I write occasionally, go to art galleries (it helps being in London) and love the understanding and deep meaning as well as the decorative part and interesting element behind Art in general.

I also have a dA account where I post digital art a well as some of my drawings.

Not forgetting, I also make (mediocre) music on Logic on the iMac if that counts.

So, all in all, I like to call myself an artist…

Aug 12, 2013 at 04:40PM EDT

i do a lot of pencil art. rarely i ever do digital art

Aug 12, 2013 at 04:45PM EDT

LOL feeble humans with their electronically made drawing and 177t microsoft paint skills. this is true art.

lol kidding, u guys are awesome at what you do. Painting tabletop miniatures for about 12 years now. started when i was 9 years old. ive made a thread to help push my hobby experience to others on this site through livestreams. i try to do various things with my work for others and im willing to give out free painting lessons to those that have the same interests as i do. im not the best of the best when it comes to painting. but i try to do my best to make my models more than tabletop ready. (above average)

Aug 12, 2013 at 06:59PM EDT

I do some performing arts, specifically music and orchestra. I’ve been playing the trumpet for about two years, I’m currently learning piano, and I plan on learning how to play the guitar as well.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:42PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!