Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

What's with your username?

Last posted Nov 25, 2009 at 03:53AM EST. Added Nov 09, 2009 at 05:44PM EST
68 posts from 46 users

For some reason, I just think that I see people from the internet all the time (and I'm rarely ever right about it).

In retrospect, I guess it was pretty awesome. I must have come off like a drunken lunatic-- ranting about itty bitty babies, and using all sorts of phrases that would seem nonsensical to anyone that hasn't spent a good deal of their life lurking on internet-for-internet's-sake themed websites. And even after she said that she had no idea what I was talking about, I was still convinced that it was you. It must have been so awkward for the poor girl.

Well, I use 7737 everywhere. I used to be a Final Fantasy addict, so I wanted the name "Cloudrules." The username was taken, so I typed "7737" on the end. Now, I use 7737 at the end of all of my usernames. And I used "Memedude" because it is site appropriate.

My name has alot of meanings in it.
Basic history, Game Name Tag.
Many reasons why I spelt it with e and put a 5 at the end.

Mmmmm
R=First Name
G=MI
D=Last Named

Was playing Mortal Kombat when I was 8 and put my initials (First Place :])
Was bored, so I started pronouncing it and got to the conclusion of make my Xbox Gamertag Rigid11494
11494 is my birthday in MM/DD/YY Format :D

Well mine is not really creative and explains itself. Even though this website is trustworthy, my friends, colleagues and recruiters are not, thats why i dont use my real name. I work in online marketing an I dont want to mux professionnal & personnal online. I used my real name once back in 1999 on the forum of a TV channel to ask a question about a science documentary i had just seen and referencing to another documentary seen a few years before… nothing crazy or particularly weird. But on my 25th surprise birthday my brother in law googled my name and found the forum post and read out loud in front of everybody… It was 4 years ago and im still made fun of for being such a geek and such an internet freak by my friends every other month! No need to say ageekchick is not my username on MSN with my friends but the one I use for my geeky interest :)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!