Forums / General

191,151 total conversations in 5,242 threads

+ New Thread

Ben Affleck Confirmed for New Batman

Last posted Aug 29, 2013 at 12:59AM EDT. Added Aug 23, 2013 at 05:14PM EDT
11 conversations with 11 participants

I heard the news last night, and I’m sure a lot of you already know (especially due to the front paged article on KYM) that Ben Affleck is going to be our new Dark Knight. There has already been a lot of negative feedback about this decision, but I want to know your thoughts on the casting choice.

Personally, I am very ok with this. I did see Daredevil (his last superhero role) and while it is undeniable that it’s a silly and bad movie, I do not think Affleck’s acting in that movie was bad. I am not too familiar with Affleck’s other works, but I am ok with his work that I have seen in the past. I think he would work very well playing the part of Bruce Wayne, but knowing how he will do as Batman will be up in the air for me until I see the movie myself. Let’s just say that I am optimistic about this choice, but I’m not holding out on it turning out well.

Aug 23, 2013 at 05:14PM EDT

That name doesn’t really mean anything to me, so I have no comment either way about how he’ll handle The Goddamn Batman.

Aug 24, 2013 at 06:23AM EDT

People keep telling me to be optimistic, but because Affleck’s last superhero role was Daredevil, I reserve the right to be entirely pessimistic about the whole fuckin’ thing.

Aug 24, 2013 at 02:22PM EDT

To be honest Batman/Superman crossovers are generally quite shitty. They’re just digging a deeper feces filled hole.

Aug 26, 2013 at 08:50AM EDT

I didnt see the post above ,e before i got this idea. I am naught copying

Aug 26, 2013 at 09:28AM EDT

Lets think here people
In the older batman and they had a new batman like every movie, there was George clooney, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and I think someone else so come on guys if they could handle it we can give Him a chance

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:10AM EDT

I love Affleck, but I don’t think I’m ever gonna look at Chasing Amy the same again.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:50PM EDT

Affleck is decent enough choice. As was said, Daredevil was pretty bad, but it wasn’t because Affleck is a bad actor. I think there’s a good chance this movie could end up being pretty awful, but if it does, I doubt it will be because of poor casting.

I’m more concerned about who’s going to be directing. Snyder did a decent job on Man of Steel, but I wasn’t highly impressed with Watchmen, which is the only other movie of his I’ve seen. Guess we’ll wait and see.

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:59AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!