Forums / General

191,288 total conversations in 5,246 threads

+ New Thread

BACK TO SCHOOL GENERAL

Last posted Aug 31, 2013 at 04:13PM EDT. Added Aug 29, 2013 at 04:53PM EDT
34 conversations with 23 participants

As we know it, summer has come to an end; it was fun while it lasted, but now the call of school beacons us from our computer screens and makes us sit down and go to class.

Now as a Softmore in highschool, I have to ask, how are you doing this school year, excited, depressed, meeting friends, any funny stories? Tell us below.

Aug 29, 2013 at 04:53PM EDT

To be honest I’m looking forward to going back

Because of all the stuff that’s been happening recently in my life, I don’t exactly have a particularly noteworthy internet connection to keep me away at the moment.

Aug 29, 2013 at 05:00PM EDT

Nothing special.. My university (my second year) starts in thursday (12th), will indwell to hostel in our campus. Pretty excited. Hope my roommate won’t cause any problems

Aug 29, 2013 at 05:04PM EDT

I already want to murder all of my classmates

Aug 29, 2013 at 05:06PM EDT

I forgot to mention I’m actually going back to a sixth form college (yes, I’m in the UK, what of it?) for a fourth year… And things have already been arranged for a further two at the same college. 6 years is a hell of a long time, but it gives me something to do and follows the natural progression of education that’s been a pattern (each school I went to I was at for one year more than the previous one, as compulsory education. Normally people are at a sixth form college for two or three years – not six. Says a lot about how willing I am for education now, huh?)

Aug 29, 2013 at 05:07PM EDT

Junior year at college. I’m taking these courses:

Constitutional Theory
Constitutional Law
U.S. Foerign Policy
International Relations
Physical Geology

Aug 29, 2013 at 05:28PM EDT

Graduate student here, working on my Master’s Degree in Information Science. My classes started earlier this week. I’m liking them so far.

Aug 29, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT

Don’t do what I did and drop out.
They may be a bunch of assholes students, and teachers, but hang in there. Don’t give up!
Don’t be like me and let your fear and hatred take over. Try to keep your head up.
and most importantly…

Last edited Aug 29, 2013 at 09:07PM EDT
Aug 29, 2013 at 09:06PM EDT

Jojo's Bizarre Bazaar wrote:

Don’t do what I did and drop out.
They may be a bunch of assholes students, and teachers, but hang in there. Don’t give up!
Don’t be like me and let your fear and hatred take over. Try to keep your head up.
and most importantly…

Wasn’t planning on dropping out; but thanks for the the encouragement nonetheless; really shows me something, honestly. Don’t lose hope yourself man, keep on truckin’ (internet thumbs up).

As for elaboration, one thing I am looking forward too is my involvement in drama club; and as for the future I would want to take some IB classes next year (IB stands for International Baccalaureate, a new international program just implemented into our school).

Though I will say, that because this year we’ve changed from a semester schedule to a trimester schedule. many kids are having a hard time with their schedules, the office is gonna be backed up for weeks XD

Aug 29, 2013 at 09:21PM EDT

I just had my first day of classes as a college freshman today. I took the past year off, so I’m very happy to be in the classroom again. I’m currently studying Illustration part time in art school. I’m commuting from home instead of living on campus (which isn’t a big deal since I live, like, five minutes from the school) but over the past few days I’ve already made friends that I have a feeling will last for a long time. So yeah, I’m pretty hyped about the next year.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:43PM EDT

chowzburgerz wrote:

Constitutional Theory
Constitutional Law
U.S. Foerign Policy
International Relations
Physical Geology

We should talk.

I’m in college and taking Psychology 105, PoliSci 130, and Automotive 102.
I have no idea what my major is.

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:06AM EDT

Rimshot wrote:

I already want to murder all of my classmates

I shall follow you into combat…unless you also want to murder me which in that case fight me pussy

Aug 30, 2013 at 08:39AM EDT

Well I’m going to college soon and at 16 which I hear Americans don’t do. I will try to cope I suppose.

Aug 30, 2013 at 08:44AM EDT

chowzburgerz wrote:

Constitutional Theory
Constitutional Law
U.S. Foerign Policy
International Relations
Physical Geology

“U.S. Foreign Policy”
Good luck lol

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:32AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Have fun in school suckers!

HA HA

-already graduated
-working full time for two years and with good pay
-company benefits
-free from all school debts

TFW

Last edited Aug 30, 2013 at 12:53PM EDT
Aug 30, 2013 at 12:51PM EDT

Q. M. wrote:

Well I’m going to college soon and at 16 which I hear Americans don’t do. I will try to cope I suppose.

I take it you’re also in the UK?

If so, brofist. Not enough UK residents on this site, IMO.

Aug 30, 2013 at 02:18PM EDT

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

I take it you’re also in the UK?

If so, brofist. Not enough UK residents on this site, IMO.

I once thought that…then I realised there is a fair bunch to be honest. Oh and, did you not know already? lol

Aug 30, 2013 at 04:30PM EDT

Well going to Year 11 finishing my GCSE’s.

So…..close……..to….freedom.

Aug 30, 2013 at 06:56PM EDT

Junior year. AP Lang. APUSH.

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWH

Aug 30, 2013 at 07:20PM EDT

Classes this semester:

>ENG 270 (Creative Writing)
>ECON 110 (Intro to Economics)
>GLG 100 (Intro to Earth Science)
>HST 201 (US History to 1877)

English is gonna be easy since there’s no essays or tests and it’s just writing. Economics is going to moderately suck due to graded quizzes every day. Geology is fun, but I’m scared the tests will suck. And History has potential to suck depending on how bad the quizzes and tests are. My 4.00 GPA’s on the line.

And for those in High School that are feeling down, depressed, bullied, etc., don’t worry. College doesn’t put up with that shit. If you’re bullied, talk to the teacher or Campus Security. If you get a bad teacher, drop the class prior to the deadline for a full refund and get another class.

Aug 30, 2013 at 07:25PM EDT

Spider-byte wrote:

Well going to Year 11 finishing my GCSE’s.

So…..close……..to….freedom.

Freedom? Only if you want a crappy job.

Seriously, pursue further education. The years you spend will make your life so much better in the long run.

Not to mention sixth form colleges are very different from schools – and not just because everyone there WANTS to be there, though that does contribute quite a bit…

Aug 30, 2013 at 08:12PM EDT

I am actually returning to college after a year long break. Getting a taste of the real world really helped me get back to being motivated about school.

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:02AM EDT

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Freedom? Only if you want a crappy job.

Seriously, pursue further education. The years you spend will make your life so much better in the long run.

Not to mention sixth form colleges are very different from schools – and not just because everyone there WANTS to be there, though that does contribute quite a bit…

I’m pretty sure it’s a legal necessity now to go on to some sort of further education, so he actually isn’t close to freedom. themoreyouknow.jpg

Last edited Aug 31, 2013 at 04:51AM EDT
Aug 31, 2013 at 04:51AM EDT

Q. M. wrote:

I’m pretty sure it’s a legal necessity now to go on to some sort of further education, so he actually isn’t close to freedom. themoreyouknow.jpg

Yes. A law passed in 2008 raises the age of leaving to 17 in 2013 and 18 in 2015.

Why? Too many NEETs. The British Government figured that requiring sixth-form would solve this problem.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:21AM EDT

Last year of high school already started a month ago for me because my school system is back-asswards. But it’s been pretty good so far. AP Statistics, AP Literature, Special Education Tutor – y’know, the good stuff.

Aug 31, 2013 at 02:35PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Yes. A law passed in 2008 raises the age of leaving to 17 in 2013 and 18 in 2015.

Why? Too many NEETs. The British Government figured that requiring sixth-form would solve this problem.

When I read this I was like “Wait, why does K.C. know this and why are they telling me? What the.”

But yeah. (I thought it was 18 and that was it, but that’s interesting that it’s also 17 for this year.)

Aug 31, 2013 at 04:13PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!