Forums / General

191,323 total conversations in 5,252 threads

+ New Thread

Miyazaki Retires

Last posted Sep 03, 2013 at 08:26PM EDT. Added Sep 01, 2013 at 06:48PM EDT
11 conversations with 10 participants

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

To be honest I don’t really care.

I know he’s made some movies which are regarded as really high quality, but… I haven’t watched them. I can understand why you’d care, but I don’t due to not having watched anything he’s made.

And just to keep the combo going….

shazbot

Sep 01, 2013 at 07:04PM EDT

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

I know he’s made some movies which are regarded as really high quality, but… I haven’t watched them. I can understand why you’d care, but I don’t due to not having watched anything he’s made.

shazbot

I know you’ve made some comments which are regarded as really high quality, but… I haven’t read them. I can understand why you’d care, but I don’t due to not having read anything you’ve made.
shabooyah

Sep 01, 2013 at 07:26PM EDT

Well the announcement said he was retiring from feature films. He might continue to work on things that aren’t feature films. If he doesn’t do anything else, well, he will be greatly missed. On a related note, I really want to see The Wind Rises.

Sep 01, 2013 at 08:35PM EDT

Nooo… I has a real sad now.. a sad I don’t even think copious amounts of ice cream can repair.
But I’ll try :(

Last edited Sep 01, 2013 at 09:54PM EDT
Sep 01, 2013 at 09:45PM EDT

I he’s announced his retirement like 5 or 6 times before. One time was right after Princess Mononoke.

Sep 02, 2013 at 08:00AM EDT

Random 21 wrote:

I he’s announced his retirement like 5 or 6 times before. One time was right after Princess Mononoke.

First I was like ‘Nooo!’

Then after discovering this, I was like ‘Mixed Feelingssss!’

Sep 02, 2013 at 08:10AM EDT

To be fair, he’s announced retirement at least twice in the past. He has a good breath of work already, so I’m not too sad to see his departure.

Sep 03, 2013 at 08:26PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!