Forums / Discussion / General

171,324 total conversations in 5,616 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Keep an eye out for Cyber6x

Last posted Sep 10, 2013 at 05:11PM EDT. Added Sep 08, 2013 at 12:13PM EDT
45 posts from 25 users

Hey, guys, I got a very disturbing message from Cyber6x this morning that sounded a lot like a suicide note. I’m not 100% sure, but I’m still very worried about him, so if you all could keep an eye out for him while y’all are online, I’d really appreciate it. He’s a good friend, and I want to make sure he’s alright.

Sep 08, 2013 at 12:13PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Has he been around here lately?

I’ve only seen him on very late at night in the IRC, and even then only a handful of times in the last few months.

Sep 08, 2013 at 12:48PM EDT

Oh my goodness that is not good at all, I should probably go into the IRC more often. He’s one of my favourite users around here to be honest..

Sep 08, 2013 at 12:57PM EDT

I haven’t seen him of the forums recently. It is a shame because he is a good user. I will keep an eye out for him on the site.

Last edited Sep 08, 2013 at 01:21PM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 01:18PM EDT

Heard about this last night. Hopefully he doesn’t go though with it, he is a pretty cool guy.

Sep 08, 2013 at 02:34PM EDT

Okay, for one, lets not jump to any conclusions and panicking.

1. Can you show us this “suicide note” message that he sent you?
2. Cyber6x hasn’t been on the irc for 2 days. (Credit to Ivanp91)

Also:
Crazy☾ wrote:

I’ve only seen him on very late at night in the IRC, and even then only a handful of times in the last few months.

He lives in a different time zone than us and he’s a data base mod .

Sep 08, 2013 at 03:46PM EDT

Hm. He never seemed to be in a situation that might cause him to become suicidal. Generally, there are risk factors and “signs” of suicidality.

He was always very attached to his girlfriend. I wonder if that had anything to do with this. If you do happen to see him and you don’t think it’s too personal, be sure to ask about that.

Sep 08, 2013 at 03:58PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Hm. He never seemed to be in a situation that might cause him to become suicidal. Generally, there are risk factors and “signs” of suicidality.

He was always very attached to his girlfriend. I wonder if that had anything to do with this. If you do happen to see him and you don’t think it’s too personal, be sure to ask about that.

How long ago did they break up?

Last edited Sep 08, 2013 at 04:03PM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 04:03PM EDT

Going to follow with what Lich said. Can you screencap and show me the “note” he apparently send you? By PM is of course ok if you feel better that way. It’s not that I don’t trust you, but I’d like to see into it and if we have serious reason to worry through it.

He’s a cool guy and that, but it’s best we keep our cool as well if we want to help him if still possible.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 08:51AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 04:03PM EDT

Lich wrote:

Okay, for one, lets not jump to any conclusions and panicking.

1. Can you show us this “suicide note” message that he sent you?
2. Cyber6x hasn’t been on the irc for 2 days. (Credit to Ivanp91)

Also:
Crazy☾ wrote:

He lives in a different time zone than us and he’s a data base mod .

If Teh Brawler thought that the tone made it sound like a “suicide note”, it’s safer to assume than not. I really hope nothing did happen to him, though. He’s a really great guy.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 08:52AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 05:11PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

How long ago did they break up?

In complete honesty…I had no clue they did.

I just know people. For a person as chill as Cyber6X to send a note that gets a guy like Brawler upset requires something world-breaking. The fact that he spoke on two interesting situations about her means that she was very attached to her. Objectively speaking, perhaps too much so.

Between the pain of breaking up and having something crucial to ones perception of life taken away, it could lead a person to be suicidal.

tl;dr: I took an educated guess based off of psychology.

Sep 08, 2013 at 05:40PM EDT

I thought he’d stopped using the site. Haven’t seen any posts from him in months.

Sep 08, 2013 at 07:13PM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

Gespenst / Liche wrote:

I still prefer to see that PM.

Going to have to agree with this. I rather have clearance and be able to help in any way I can, than stand on the sidelines hoping everything is alright with multiple reasons to worry. It’s best to help him in any way we can.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 08:54AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 07:55PM EDT

@Lich & RM

You still have absolutely no right to see the message. Teh Brawler and LaserPacer were the people he was closest to on the site. That’s obviously why he sent the message to Teh Brawler. He may have sent a message to Laser Pacer. Who knows?

Teh Brawler posted this thread because he was worried about his friend. You two asking to see the PM is unnecessary. It’s not even a website issue, he’s worried about someone’s life.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 09:10AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 08:16PM EDT

Sorry it took so long to reply, guys. I have no problem showing you what I read, and considering the circumstances, I don’t think privacy is a practical step to take.

Edit: Removed for privacy concerns by Cyber6x, now that I’m verified okay

I’ve noticed that someone has seen my response, but I don’t know who, since they didn’t respond, and I haven’t seen anything on Facebook.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 08:51PM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 08:19PM EDT

I really hope he doesn’t go through with it, and I don’t even know the guy.

Sep 08, 2013 at 08:21PM EDT

Madcat wrote:

You two asking to see the PM is unnecessary. It’s not even a website issue, for God’s sake; he’s worried about someone’s life.

I don’t blame you for hating me for it, but as Brawler agreed as well, considering the circumstances, privacy isn’t directly a practical step to take. When someone stands on top of a building saying they’re going to jump, you don’t exactly tell the people who ask him to get down to let him have his moment.

I asked for the PM because I was worried a lot about him as well. Running on vague assumptions and worrying as hell isn’t getting you anywhere, analyzing and trying to help where possible might. And that’s what I’m hoping to do here, because I’m worried, a lot.

Brawler wrote:

I’ve noticed that someone has seen my response, but I don’t know who, since they didn’t respond, and I haven’t seen anything on Facebook.

Either he checked it himself or someone who knows his password. Given the situation, I believe it’s best to go with himself. And with that, advice for now is to check again later to see if he checked again, and perhaps send another message asking again if he’s alright.

Unfortunately I’m not really an expert on this area, Verbose might be able to help you more. But yeah, this string of texts is reason for worry. Thanks for giving some insight. And also my apologies for possibly accusing you of being a liar.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 09:10AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 08:46PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Madcat wrote:

You two asking to see the PM is unnecessary. It’s not even a website issue, for God’s sake; he’s worried about someone’s life.

I don’t blame you for hating me for it, but as Brawler agreed as well, considering the circumstances, privacy isn’t directly a practical step to take. When someone stands on top of a building saying they’re going to jump, you don’t exactly tell the people who ask him to get down to let him have his moment.

I asked for the PM because I was worried a lot about him as well. Running on vague assumptions and worrying as hell isn’t getting you anywhere, analyzing and trying to help where possible might. And that’s what I’m hoping to do here, because I’m worried, a lot.

Brawler wrote:

Either he checked it himself or someone who knows his password. Given the situation, I believe it’s best to go with himself. And with that, advice for now is to check again later to see if he checked again, and perhaps send another message asking again if he’s alright.

Unfortunately I’m not really an expert on this area, Verbose might be able to help you more. But yeah, this string of texts is reason for worry. Thanks for giving some insight. And also my apologies for possibly accusing you of being a liar.

No worries, this is the kind of thing that needs to be taken seriously, and there was always the possibility I was misinterpreting it.

Yeah, I’ve been checking Facebook all day, making sure. I’ll send another message at some point.

Sep 08, 2013 at 08:48PM EDT

I may not have known him as well as you guys, but I’m worried all the same. You guys mentioned that Laser Pacer was good friends with him as well? Is there any way to get in contact with him to confirm that he received the same message?

Also, it might breach his privacy, but perhaps we can figure out from his real life family and friends via some sort of social network if he is, in fact, doing all right. It is of utmost importance that we know exactly what’s happening in his life.

Sep 08, 2013 at 08:56PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

It’s almost disgusting how this site runs on assumptions. Some of you readily accepted the fact something bad has happened to him, you didn’t even consider he was ok and well.

I still don’t really want to believe something bad happened to him. If I’ll become this sites most hated user becasue of it, I’ll gladly take that title if it means clinging to hope and finding out the truth.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 09:12AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 09:08PM EDT

@Lich

I don’t expect Teh Brawler to do a joke thread regarding an issue as serious as the depression of a user. He is a very well regarded member of this site and I doubt that he is willing to joke about the depression of a friend. Depression is a serious mental issue and any indications of possible suicide should be taken seriously. If you want to believe Cyber6x, is fine, then go ahead; but do not try to shame other users who go against your assumption. If we are wrong; no harm, no foul. We are just concerned about the well being of a user.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 08:59AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 09:30PM EDT

Lich wrote:

It’s almost disgusting how this site runs on assumptions. Some of you readily accepted the fact something bad has happened to him, you didn’t even consider he was ok and well.

I still don’t really want to believe something bad happened to him. If I’ll become this sites most hated user becasue of it, I’ll gladly take that title if it means clinging to hope and finding out the truth.

You’re missing the part where people are worried about Cyber6x to the point that concern has to be raised. I’d like you to know that about four years ago, I planned on killing myself after my biological father disowned me. To all my friends and associates, they merely assumed I was going through ordinary swings of emotion over the situation, but to my mother I left a voicemail apologizing for a few unsavory events between us. It was out of character enough from me that she got some of the more decent family to come together, and eventually I got over. Having glazed over details I don’t feel like sharing, my point is that, had my own mother simply “believed I was okay”, rather than voicing her concerns to others, I would probably be dead, and you wouldn’t have ever known me.
There’s nothing to be gained from delusions of optimism in a situation like this.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 09:28AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 09:33PM EDT

@Gespenst / The Frosty Lich:

Like I mentioned earlier in the IRC. I am not going to ignore something as serious as this. If this ends up being nothing and Cyber is safe and sound, i will be really happy. I am not going to ignore what seems like a cry for help. Id rather have someone end up feeling embarrassed than end up getting hurt or worse.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 09:00AM EDT
Sep 08, 2013 at 10:10PM EDT

Anyone have an update on Cyber currently? I mean, I barely know him, but I’m as worried as you are right now.

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:54AM EDT

Thanks to some people I can now at least confirm and share he’s ok. He’s in a save environment with his family and knowing and hearing that makes me more than happy. Just sharing that with you all.

On that note, I made some cuts and edits in this thread, because at certain points we derailed it a bit too far. I’ll take all the responsibility for it and will take the blame if this can be considered power abuse, it was by advice of some others closer to him than most of us, and by that I hope the rest of you can understand. Having Cyber return with this thread like it was at some parts didn’t feel like the right thing to do.

And Cyber, should you read this, glad to hear you’re ok at least. Know that we care about you as well.

Last edited Sep 09, 2013 at 09:27AM EDT
Sep 09, 2013 at 09:09AM EDT

That makes me feel a whole lot better. Thanks to all of you for being involved, you were more of an encouragement than you’ll ever know.

Sep 09, 2013 at 09:30AM EDT

Oh, thank heavens. I can rest easier now knowing that he’s in good hands.

Cyber, if you ever get the chance to read this thread, I hope you see now just how much this site cares about you; even those of us who don’t know you as well do too.

Take care, man. We can’t wait to hear from you again.

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:16PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Thanks to some people I can now at least confirm and share he’s ok. He’s in a save environment with his family and knowing and hearing that makes me more than happy. Just sharing that with you all.

On that note, I made some cuts and edits in this thread, because at certain points we derailed it a bit too far. I’ll take all the responsibility for it and will take the blame if this can be considered power abuse, it was by advice of some others closer to him than most of us, and by that I hope the rest of you can understand. Having Cyber return with this thread like it was at some parts didn’t feel like the right thing to do.

And Cyber, should you read this, glad to hear you’re ok at least. Know that we care about you as well.

Whew, thank Celestia.

Sep 09, 2013 at 04:52PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Oh thank goodness he’s alright. Thanks for the update on his status, Random. At least we can be at ease now.

Sep 09, 2013 at 05:05PM EDT

SirBrownBear wrote:

I’d like to be happy, but im kinda bummed that frosty left.

Probably just the anger of the moment, I’m certain he’ll be back in less than a week.

Sep 09, 2013 at 06:06PM EDT

Hey guys,
I’m sorry for all of this, it was terrible of me to make you guys worry.
Thanks for all the positive responses, both replies here and PMs I received, I’m tearing up reading them.
I’ll be okay for now, I think. It’ll probably be a while before I’m “good”.
You guys probably deserve to know, I got really close to not being able to type this out now. What stopped me was the realization of all the pain I’d cause with my own death and all the friends I’d leave behind.

Thanks again for everything guys, you’re all such wonderful people.

Sep 09, 2013 at 07:51PM EDT

Cyber6x wrote:

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the positive responses, both replies here and PMs I received, I’m tearing up reading them.
You guys probably deserve to know, I got really close to not being able to type this out now. What stopped me was the realization of all the pain I’d cause with my own death and all the friends I’d leave behind.

We’re here for you, friend. We all have our hardships and troubles, and they can and will be worked through. I wish you the best of luck, and I want to reassure you, everything gets better in the end.

Many of us here have been through hell and back, and while I’m not trying to compare others hardships to your own, I want to let you know that you’re not alone with anything that is going on. Your friends and family – both online and off – are here to help you!

Sep 09, 2013 at 08:58PM EDT

Glad to see you are okay Cyber.

And yes, Death is by far the last option you should take for the alleviation of suffering. You only pass that suffering upon the people who care about you and you care about. As long as you have the option of recovering, taking that option is always the more rewarding.

Take it easy and get well soon!

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:37PM EDT

Good to see you’re doing a bit better now.
While I don’t really know you, I hope that you’ll be good soon

Sep 10, 2013 at 03:16AM EDT

I’ve been wondering if/when I should have posted again in this thread because I have not been sure what to say further, but certainly now I can say it’s glad to see that you are okay, as…well, see my other post! But yeah, don’t really be too hard on yourself, we are here for you as friends for help. I hope to see you get much better!

Sep 10, 2013 at 03:20AM EDT

Cyber6x wrote:

Hey guys,

It’s good to hear you’re okay, even i don’t know you well.

Sep 10, 2013 at 08:07AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Now we just need to tell Gespenst that it’s safe for him to come out now.

From what I know, Bob tackled him before he managed to fully leave. Gespenst wanted to leave the website for quite awhile, not to mention he decided to take an ax to his internet addiction and go cold turkey. So I assume the only way he is coming back is on his own accord.

Sep 10, 2013 at 01:54PM EDT

With Cyber confirmed safe and Liche confirmed MIA for the time being, I guess this thread served its purpose. So I’ll lock this now.

Again, Cyber, glad to hear you’re ok.

Sep 10, 2013 at 05:11PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!