Forums / Discussion / General

171,032 total conversations in 5,482 threads

+ New Thread

GTA V General

Last posted Nov 06, 2013 at 11:06PM EST. Added Sep 18, 2013 at 09:08AM EDT
22 posts from 15 users

Because we all know that’s the game we’ve currently fallen in love with.

Sep 18, 2013 at 09:08AM EDT

Have anyone read excapist’s article? They found the game play good but they are little doubt about the personality of the main characters.
For me.. I don’t really care about that thing. KILL ALL THE CITIZENS.
Wanna buy so much. But not sure if my computer can handle that thing. Fuck! Just remembered, GTA-V is not available for PC.

PC master-race is a fucking lie.

Last edited Sep 18, 2013 at 10:13AM EDT
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:10AM EDT

Alex Mercer The Deactivated Mod wrote:

Have anyone read excapist’s article? They found the game play good but they are little doubt about the personality of the main characters.
For me.. I don’t really care about that thing. KILL ALL THE CITIZENS.
Wanna buy so much. But not sure if my computer can handle that thing. Fuck! Just remembered, GTA-V is not available for PC.

PC master-race is a fucking lie.

PC gamers are a bunch of stupid snobby rich white kids who care about them selfs. PC games and console games are the same fucking thing

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:43AM EDT

There’s a petition to fire Carolyn Petit from Gamespot because she gave GTA V a 9/10 and took a point off for the game being mysognistic.

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:59AM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

chowzburgerz wrote:

There’s a petition to fire Carolyn Petit from Gamespot because she gave GTA V a 9/10 and took a point off for the game being mysognistic.

typical feminist

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:01AM EDT

chowzburgerz wrote:

Perhaps the bigger facepalm here is the fact that people actually made a petition because of that.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:59AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Perhaps the bigger facepalm here is the fact that people actually made a petition because of that.

Yeah, I think she should be fired for taking a point off the game’s score JUST because of something that doesn’t really matter gameplay wise. Seriously, might as well take another point off because of Rockstar’s political stance. It’s poor critique.

Granted, I think the fate of her job shouldn’t be in the hands of a bunch of angry nerds. But she should still be disciplined for giving a game a lower score just because….well what was already mentioned.

Oh well, at least it’s not as bad as the backlash that one Bioware writer got for saying “If there’s something I could add in a video game is a ‘skip game’ button which would skip the gameplay and only leave the cutscenes” because she doesn’t care for actually ‘playing’ the game and more of enjoying the story. THAT was backlash, they wanted her head on a fucking platter after that.

Sep 18, 2013 at 06:24PM EDT

I can’t wait for the Angry Joe review of GTA V. I don’t trust main stream reviews anymore because they are bribed by the industry on multiple occasions, praising games that are garbage. I wish Total Biscuit would review it, but GTA V needs a PC release for him to even consider reviewing it. Adam Sessler did a very comprehensive review and did touch on some of the controversies, such as misogyny, surrounding this game.

“I do understand how some people looked at the portrayal of the very small amount of women are a little bit arch, but in the overall for a plethora of horrible people, and that all that is in this world, it is actually rather consistent with it.”
The people in this world are sociopaths, an extreme representation of modern society. The reason why there are not any females as protagonists is because the story is a masculine tale, and not a positive one, showing the faults and denial that masculinity entails through these male characters.

Last edited Sep 18, 2013 at 08:13PM EDT
Sep 18, 2013 at 08:02PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Jesus.

Pc fags everywhere.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:00PM EDT

At what point do I get Michael’s Special? And why can’t I use Franklin’s Special while gunning like in the trailer?

Sep 19, 2013 at 08:22AM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

You can buy it for PS3 or XBOX 360 at your local Gamestop or Best Buy.

Sep 19, 2013 at 09:19AM EDT

What’s with all the PC gamer hatred in this thread?

Bah, never mind.

I’m currently unemployed, so couldn’t get GTA on release day, but don’t fret! My student loans came in today!

>MFW the check was only $42.20.

This is your fault, Intermediate Algebra. If I didn’t have to retake you, I could have had more money to irresponsibly spend.

Last edited Sep 19, 2013 at 03:56PM EDT
Sep 19, 2013 at 03:54PM EDT

Just as a refrance, how much of an improvement is it over GTA 4? (The only GTA I actually own….that I got about just a month ago…..and have not played much of yet due to school, TF2, and Fallout 3.)

Sep 19, 2013 at 07:46PM EDT

thegreato wrote:

Just as a refrance, how much of an improvement is it over GTA 4? (The only GTA I actually own….that I got about just a month ago…..and have not played much of yet due to school, TF2, and Fallout 3.)

For starters, it has a color palate that is more than various shades of grey. That’s something.

Sep 20, 2013 at 05:04AM EDT

Say, how about we make some sort of groupie when the GTA Online launches?

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:26PM EDT

I beat it

Oct 01, 2013 at 09:54AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Because we all know that’s the game we’ve currently fallen in love with.

Well, I think that’s certain to say about the online imo.

Laser Pacer posted:

Say, how about we make some sort of groupie when the GTA Online launches?

Personally, I think the ‘KYM Hood’ would be a good idea to start, actually.

However, we would all have to have the same console, that’s the problem.

Last edited Oct 01, 2013 at 03:20PM EDT
Oct 01, 2013 at 03:17PM EDT

IT CONTINUES

anyways, I am still dieing for the game, but sadly I have no money.

Last edited Oct 30, 2013 at 06:20PM EDT
Oct 30, 2013 at 06:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!