Forums / Discussion / General

175,110 total conversations in 5,762 threads

+ New Thread

Microprocessor General

Last posted Sep 30, 2013 at 12:57PM EDT. Added Sep 28, 2013 at 07:59PM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

ITT: We discuss about microprocessors, choose a master race, and tell everyone why (insert microprocessor brand here) is master race.

AMD fag on stand by.

Intelfag reporting in.

I was there when the Conroe family (The first Core 2 Duo) first came out and wiped the floor with everything. Making the Pentium range look like a peice of shit and forcing AMD to do massive price cuts. From that day forward I knew what processor I was going to use.

Using a Core 2 Duo E8500 ever since and probably will be for a while.

Gonna upgrade to a Core i9…when I have money

Last edited Sep 28, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Intelfag reporting in.

I was there when the Conroe family (The first Core 2 Duo) first came out and wiped the floor with everything. Making the Pentium range look like a peice of shit and forcing AMD to do massive price cuts. From that day forward I knew what processor I was going to use.

Using a Core 2 Duo E8500 ever since and probably will be for a while.

Gonna upgrade to a Core i9…when I have money

If you’re buying an i9 then you also need to buy a DDR3 because Intel processors doesn’t have backwards compatibility.

You shall all bow down to your glorious ARMv6 superiors.

On a serious (and extremely technical) note, I use an AMD A10-5700 for my desktop, an Intel Atom N270 for my laptop. I prefer RISC processors above others, even though I only have one system that uses one.

@Greivous

I know. My next PC will be a complete overhaul with completely new hardware. New Motherboard, new memory, etc are all necessary to support an i9. There’s nothing I want to salvage from my current PC.

I even want to get a new case. The antec 300 is a great case but the antec 1200 is sexier

The little sticker on my Thinkpad says it has an Intel Core i3 in it. My desktop has some AMD duel core from seven years ago that I really should replace (along with the motherboard) but don’t feel like it since I don’t play video games as much as I used to and so don’t have as big of a need for high end gaming specs.

I honestly don’t care what processor I have, so long as it works.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Greivous

I know. My next PC will be a complete overhaul with completely new hardware. New Motherboard, new memory, etc are all necessary to support an i9. There’s nothing I want to salvage from my current PC.

I even want to get a new case. The antec 300 is a great case but the antec 1200 is sexier

Looks like you’re planning to build a NASA Computer…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!