Forums / Discussion / General

169,913 total conversations in 5,440 threads

+ New Thread

Microprocessor General

Last posted Sep 30, 2013 at 12:57PM EDT. Added Sep 28, 2013 at 07:59PM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

ITT: We discuss about microprocessors, choose a master race, and tell everyone why (insert microprocessor brand here) is master race.

AMD fag on stand by.

Sep 28, 2013 at 07:59PM EDT

Intelfag reporting in.

I was there when the Conroe family (The first Core 2 Duo) first came out and wiped the floor with everything. Making the Pentium range look like a peice of shit and forcing AMD to do massive price cuts. From that day forward I knew what processor I was going to use.

Using a Core 2 Duo E8500 ever since and probably will be for a while.

Gonna upgrade to a Core i9…when I have money

Last edited Sep 28, 2013 at 08:32PM EDT
Sep 28, 2013 at 08:31PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Intelfag reporting in.

I was there when the Conroe family (The first Core 2 Duo) first came out and wiped the floor with everything. Making the Pentium range look like a peice of shit and forcing AMD to do massive price cuts. From that day forward I knew what processor I was going to use.

Using a Core 2 Duo E8500 ever since and probably will be for a while.

Gonna upgrade to a Core i9…when I have money

If you’re buying an i9 then you also need to buy a DDR3 because Intel processors doesn’t have backwards compatibility.

Sep 28, 2013 at 09:38PM EDT

You shall all bow down to your glorious ARMv6 superiors.

On a serious (and extremely technical) note, I use an AMD A10-5700 for my desktop, an Intel Atom N270 for my laptop. I prefer RISC processors above others, even though I only have one system that uses one.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:27PM EDT

@Greivous

I know. My next PC will be a complete overhaul with completely new hardware. New Motherboard, new memory, etc are all necessary to support an i9. There’s nothing I want to salvage from my current PC.

I even want to get a new case. The antec 300 is a great case but the antec 1200 is sexier

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:16AM EDT

The little sticker on my Thinkpad says it has an Intel Core i3 in it. My desktop has some AMD duel core from seven years ago that I really should replace (along with the motherboard) but don’t feel like it since I don’t play video games as much as I used to and so don’t have as big of a need for high end gaming specs.

I honestly don’t care what processor I have, so long as it works.

Sep 29, 2013 at 06:25AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Greivous

I know. My next PC will be a complete overhaul with completely new hardware. New Motherboard, new memory, etc are all necessary to support an i9. There’s nothing I want to salvage from my current PC.

I even want to get a new case. The antec 300 is a great case but the antec 1200 is sexier

Looks like you’re planning to build a NASA Computer…

Sep 30, 2013 at 02:51AM EDT

Im still using an old Core i7 2600k

I’ve been having issues with this system though and will probably upgrade to 4770k.

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:57PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!