Forums / Discussion / General

170,260 total conversations in 5,454 threads

+ New Thread

The shutdown is over! Sorta.

Last posted Oct 17, 2013 at 10:43AM EDT. Added Oct 16, 2013 at 10:41PM EDT
8 posts from 7 users

Thought I’d share this with you

The US House has passed a bill to end the government shutdown, albeit, temporarily. The bill only resolves the shutdown, but not the fiscal issues/debate it revolved around. This will last till Jan 15th, and pushes the debt ceiling back to Feb 7, which means a second shutdown early next year may occur.

But as of right now, the shutdown is ended and federal government should return to normal as was before the shutdown. Thought you might want to update the article on the 2013 Shutdown.

It’s over people! No more furloughed bumps on Adult Swim!

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:41PM EDT

Hooray, now they can get back to more important things like… oh, I don’t know…

Running the friggin’ country.

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:16AM EDT

Only pushed back? AAHHHHHHG. How bout you move the Damsel in Distress further down the railway why don’t ya?

Last edited Oct 17, 2013 at 01:37AM EDT
Oct 17, 2013 at 01:36AM EDT

YAY! THE ZOO WIL BE OPEN!

Oct 17, 2013 at 01:39AM EDT

Kyntak said:

It’s over people!

>2013
>thinking the congressional ride’s going to end

I’m wondering how long it’ll take before the nobility federal government realizes just how screwed we are. Social Security and Medicare’s going down the toilet; every administration’s simply kicking the national debt can down the road to the next one, who’ll in turn kick it to the next one; the economy continues to limp along (hello Lost Decade); and while all this is looming like a lion on a wounded gazelle, Obama and Congress continue to bicker about asinine things and are too stubborn to work together because they might “lose” the next election if they dare to show some kind of cooperation.

I yearn for the day when it won’t be about “winning” or “losing” but about running the damn country to ensure that everybody wins.

Oct 17, 2013 at 05:45AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Only pushed back? AAHHHHHHG. How bout you move the Damsel in Distress further down the railway why don’t ya?

This, coupled with your profile pic just made it much funnier.

So basically…well actually, I needn’t say anything, I think this post covers what I’d say really.

Oct 17, 2013 at 07:09AM EDT

@TSG
You know I was being sarcastic right? o_o I even added in that whole line about how a second shutdown could happen in the future.and followed up with a jokey joke joke.

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:43AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!