Forums / Discussion / General

171,095 total conversations in 5,485 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Advice General

Last posted Oct 18, 2013 at 03:40AM EDT. Added Oct 17, 2013 at 05:52AM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Simply post your situation, and hopefully some people will give advice on said situation.

So I have a problem, KYM. For Supanova (Australian equivalent of Comic Con) I am going as The Scarecrow from Batman. If I got the costume done before Halloween, I would have liked to sit outside on Halloween night and “scare” kids. My mother advised against this. I assume this is because where we live, a bunch of feral bogans have recent moved into the neighborhood. Bogans are usually violent, angry people, and my mother is worried that if we got on the wrong side of some of these people, they might break into our house or throw a brick at the window. Now, she claimed that most of the kids that might go out at Halloween will be with their parents, and they will probably be little ones. She is worried if i scare the shit out of some of these kids in my costume, the parent will take it the wrong way, and proceed to beat the shit out of me, or do something to our house.

What should I do, KYM? Take the safe road and just hand out lollies? Or dress up as a big, scary Scarecrow and scare kids? I personally don’t see the difference between a kid being scared of someone in a Santa Claus suit and a kid getting scared of someone in a Scarecrow costume

BTW: I will post pics of my costume when it is done :3

Oct 17, 2013 at 05:52AM EDT

Naturally, as people of the internet, we are just going to suggest you take the most dangerous and irresponsible option and upload pics for our enjoyment

But serious answer: Hows this for a middle ground? Scare the kids, but ONLY the kids. When the bogans come along, just stay hidden and don’t get their attention

Last edited Oct 17, 2013 at 09:55AM EDT
Oct 17, 2013 at 09:53AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Naturally, as people of the internet, we are just going to suggest you take the most dangerous and irresponsible option and upload pics for our enjoyment

But serious answer: Hows this for a middle ground? Scare the kids, but ONLY the kids. When the bogans come along, just stay hidden and don’t get their attention

But that’s the thing. Chances are, at least according to my mother, the kids will be with their bogan parents. She’s worried if I scare the kids in FRONT of the parents, they will take this the wrong way, and proceed to kill me with their beer bottles and crack spoons.

Also, this is only IF I get the costume done by Halloween, which looks like I probably won’t.

Oct 18, 2013 at 03:40AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!