Forums / Discussion / General

232,900 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
meme thursdays

Last posted Dec 25, 2009 at 05:07PM EST. Added Nov 18, 2009 at 11:15PM EST
71 posts from 22 users

i think that we should go through the database on thursdays and make loads of confirmations and deadpools. we as a community could decide which ones to stay and go and help research old forgotten submissions.
What do you guys think?

I actually told Jamie this, but I couldn't think of a good day.
Thursday it is then.

So far, Jamie, Redspear and I vote yes. Now this idea will hopefully get off the ground.

New Game idea: The King's Supression of 100 Memes

In case you've ever tried to browse past page 10 of Submissions, you might have noticed the bug. There are at least another 5 pages of articles in Submissions that don't show up after the King.

The developers are working on a fix, but in the meantime, we might as well make that the theme of a meme-clearing gmae.

The King is supressing five pages worth of meme submissions, so in order to rescue them, we must clear out five pages worth of submissions.

There are 20 meme submissions per page. So we need to get 100 meme entries confirmed while abstaining from creating new meme entries.

To play:

#1. Review as many meme submissions as possible.
#2. Decide whether the article is ready to be CONFIRMED, needs more info, or should be DEADPOOLED. If you have any information that you believe would help the entry to become confirmed, provide it in the comments section.
#3. If the rate at which we get meme entries confirmed exceeds the rate at which submissions come in, then at some point, the King bug will be a non-issue and then there will be cake.

Kikinak, they are sorted by age. Page 10 is the oldest page anyone can access. Everything after that disappears and is replaced by The King. So Page 10 is the best point to work from.

feel free to go around reviewing meme entries today. I can't guarantee that I'll get around to reviewing them. The house is packed with family today. But by tomorrow, I should be able to get a couple more confirmed.

I did a lot of research on the "Oh my GOOOOOOOOD entry" and it's NEARLY complete.
Brad Kim wrote up a good parent entry for Kuso memes, and grouped them together.
And we confirmed Jesus is a friend of mine, No Joe No, and Super Smash Brothers Predictions.

There were some really interesting moments in the IRC #knowyourmeme chatroom on freenode.

We put up a poll for you guys to pick your favorite episodes of the year that we will add additional video commentary to.

Jamiedubs made some HUGE leaps in getting the newest version of the forums (4 boards with stickies, locks, and sages) VERY close to being ready.

And Greg Leuch fixed the caching problem that had been making a TON of entries disappear. ("The King" issue is solved.)

I think today was an AWESOME day.

ill be a mod if necessary. i would be great at that.

Please, no.
As much as I like you, mods have to be examples and your behavior on this site is nothing but the opposite of what a mod should be.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!