Forums / Discussion / General

232,755 total conversations in 7,782 threads

+ New Thread

Interesting News article General.

Last posted Dec 13, 2013 at 12:44AM EST. Added Oct 27, 2013 at 10:27PM EDT
31 posts from 11 users

Unfortunately a thread like this I can either see getting underused or turned into a downright Clusterfuck of conversation.

It might be better just to have different threads for different news articles.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Unfortunately a thread like this I can either see getting underused or turned into a downright Clusterfuck of conversation.

It might be better just to have different threads for different news articles.

I doubt this thread will ever take off because nobody on KYM reads for fun.

I read news articles, but most of them I read are generally technology related as I have very little interest for the majority of the political-wanking news out there.

(links are as follows)

• FAA lifts electronic device usage during take off.
  • Ingress is now in open Beta. (as if it wasn't before)
  • Small Bitcoins miners are now being edged out of the race as Larger miners increase their power w/ the profits they make, thus making the common laptop mining unprofitable.
  • Similar earth discovered w/ a surface of lava.
  • Dell explains why some consumers may have a "cat pee" smell coming from their computers.
Last edited Oct 31, 2013 at 11:42PM EDT

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

I read news articles, but most of them I read are generally technology related as I have very little interest for the majority of the political-wanking news out there.

(links are as follows)

• FAA lifts electronic device usage during take off.
  • Ingress is now in open Beta. (as if it wasn't before)
  • Small Bitcoins miners are now being edged out of the race as Larger miners increase their power w/ the profits they make, thus making the common laptop mining unprofitable.
  • Similar earth discovered w/ a surface of lava.
  • Dell explains why some consumers may have a "cat pee" smell coming from their computers.
Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 03:09AM EDT

My links aren't broken, I just got too lazy to relink everything after I went back added the descriptions to the articles. They just appeared in that order in my original sentence. lol.

@Diamond Rain
That's pretty cool. I used to have a space ship that talked by putting in punch cards when I was 11 and from that set I learned that Neptune actually rains diamonds. Soon after I got a cat and named it Neptune. SPACE!

@Simpsons Math

"For many people, mathematics is more terrifying than being attacked by an army of zombies, werewolves and vampires…"

Well then, have I got a gore series for them to watch:

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 04:17AM EDT

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

My links aren't broken, I just got too lazy to relink everything after I went back added the descriptions to the articles. They just appeared in that order in my original sentence. lol.

@Diamond Rain
That's pretty cool. I used to have a space ship that talked by putting in punch cards when I was 11 and from that set I learned that Neptune actually rains diamonds. Soon after I got a cat and named it Neptune. SPACE!

@Simpsons Math

"For many people, mathematics is more terrifying than being attacked by an army of zombies, werewolves and vampires…"

Well then, have I got a gore series for them to watch:

I wonder if people could use diamond rain to forge things made of diamond. That would be pretty bad ass.

@elma

That's interesting to me. I use Winamp as a more powerful alternative to WMP. I'll be sad to see it go

I've looked at Spotify and Pandora, but I don't like the idea of having to manage my music like an EVE Online subscription. I just want to run files on my hard drive.

WMP is too weak (can't adjust the frequency output, etc) and doesn't support OGG files so Winamp is the obvious choice for me

Hopefully people will still keep the final version around on 3rd party hosts.

Last edited Nov 29, 2013 at 08:52PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@elma

That's interesting to me. I use Winamp as a more powerful alternative to WMP. I'll be sad to see it go

I've looked at Spotify and Pandora, but I don't like the idea of having to manage my music like an EVE Online subscription. I just want to run files on my hard drive.

WMP is too weak (can't adjust the frequency output, etc) and doesn't support OGG files so Winamp is the obvious choice for me

Hopefully people will still keep the final version around on 3rd party hosts.

7zip is pretty nice.

@Sweatie

Yes, 7z is pretty nice isn't it?

I regularly use it to compress website source code so I can transfer them between servers. And also for unpacking RAR files

@elma

That would be the best case scenario. The community of loyal Winamp users can keep it going

Philip J. Fry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24614830

Homosexuality Is Unnatural, Claims Nigerian Student Who Uses Magnets To Prove Gay Marriage Is Wrong
Nigerian Student Who Uses Magnets To Prove Gay Marriage Is Wrong
USES MAGNETS TO PROVE GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG
USES MAGNETS TO PROVE GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG

guess the guy does not know how hard it is to find
*puts shades on*
attractive women
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
ive done that before, lol

All white people are racist genetically

Yes, you, you white racist bastard. What do you mean "I'm not racist", you're obviously White, therefore you're a racist because of your race. So become a Black person, or you'll never know what it feels like to not be a racist.

I mean, really, this is pushing it too far.

Last edited Dec 01, 2013 at 11:05AM EST

Zarathh wrote:

How NASA might build its very first warp drive.

A lot of these ideas have been around since the 80's, I'm reading a book right now called Enigma(crappy book honestly), and in it they use gravity to propel a ship to light speed. Of course people don't understand gravity yet, so it's rather pointless to make machines reliant on things that have not been yet been discovered.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!