Forums / Discussion / General

171,032 total conversations in 5,482 threads

+ New Thread

Things You'd Like To See Fixed On The Internet

Last posted Nov 04, 2013 at 05:35PM EST. Added Nov 01, 2013 at 05:28PM EDT
15 posts from 13 users

If you usually have as many tabs open as I do you can relate to a common scenario, one tab just started making noise, and you don’t know which freaking one. However, now - or at least with google chrome- you can finally find it quick and easy as a small “volume” icon appears on the tab itself.

Any other irksome things you have encountered on the internet that could be solved with equally simple solutions? Post them below! Let your mild aggravation be heard!
(also, should this go in the “just for fun” category? Just want to know for future reference when creating topics.)

Nov 01, 2013 at 05:28PM EDT

Well I’ve been having a few problems with links around here, they all just seem to be linking to Rick Astley.

But seriously, I honestly can’t quite think of anything… besides maybe automated video advertisements…

Nov 01, 2013 at 06:04PM EDT

There is a very special place in hell for banner adverts that play video without your consent

[EDIT]

Even worse, there’s an advert on the site that just blatantly hijacks your open tab. It runs a JS popup where the close button switches the page over to another website.

Fuck that advert and the people who made it

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 10:15PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 09:17PM EDT

Hashtags being used improperly. Hashtags are supposed to be used in order to tag pictures, articles, and other bits of information so that they’ll be easier to find later down the road. However, the way many people use them, you would never know that because they use such tags as “#lol, #omgthisishisterical, #hahahahahah” or some other crap along those lines that doesn’t actually describe what the picture, page, etc. is about.

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 10:04PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 10:02PM EDT

Mowtendoo got hacked.

All his Terry Crews and music videos have been deleted and been replaced by blatant trolling videos, with one blatantly showing the male genitalia.

R.I.P Mowtendoo.

Nov 01, 2013 at 10:27PM EDT

Sometimes I just can’t back out of a website unless I close the browser.

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:47AM EDT

Sweatie: Try the Noscript plugin and whitelist the sites that you allow to use Javascript. It fixes a lot of web breakage.

Nov 03, 2013 at 01:37AM EDT

WarriorTang wrote:

Sweatie: Try the Noscript plugin and whitelist the sites that you allow to use Javascript. It fixes a lot of web breakage.

Thank you for the advice.

Nov 03, 2013 at 01:38AM EDT

Son Goku wrote:

People should be nicer to each other.

impossible

Nov 03, 2013 at 01:29AM EST

Website layout and feature designs should be handed to conservatives. Since the viewpoint of conservatives is to change things slowly and gradually, they’d be perfect for that kind of jobs. Unlike those who are in charge of Youtube.

Nov 03, 2013 at 12:14PM EST

Kids younger then 12 on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/every single website other then Jewtube

Nov 03, 2013 at 12:32PM EST

Weasel wrote:

Mowtendoo got hacked.

All his Terry Crews and music videos have been deleted and been replaced by blatant trolling videos, with one blatantly showing the male genitalia.

R.I.P Mowtendoo.

This makes me furious.

Nov 03, 2013 at 10:35PM EST

Weasel wrote:

Mowtendoo got hacked.

R.I.P Mowtendoo.

Are you fuc#ing kidding me?! If youtube doesn’t sort this shit out I swear heads will roll

Nov 04, 2013 at 03:30PM EST

Things that need fixing (perfect world)
1. Antifandoms need to go away. Live an let live
2. The rest of the internet alerts KYM to breakin memes for identification
3. Obnoxious 12 year olds
4. Email hacking
5. Flame wars over serious subjects (no one ever wins politics/ religion/ Etc debates)

Nov 04, 2013 at 05:35PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!