Forums / Discussion / General

232,822 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

JoJo's Bizarre KYM General

Last posted May 21, 2014 at 10:11PM EDT. Added Nov 07, 2013 at 05:36AM EST
77 posts from 18 users

This is the place where we discuss everything JoJo-related: the manga, the anime, the videogames, you name it. To start off…

According to Gematsu the English version of All Star Battle will be released in the Spring 2014 block in North America, Europe, and Australia. The official names for the Pillar Men are San Tan, Wamuu, Esidisi, and Kars. The game will not be dubbed in English,

First English Trailer.

Stardust Crusaders will be getting a television adaptation, according to this scan (click on it to see the full size picture).

It'll have the same voice actors as ASB. Masahiko Komino (animation director in Episodes 8, 13, 20) will be replacing Takako Shimizu as character designer. The anime is scheduled to continue in Spring 2014. More information will be released at Jump Festa on December 22.

Fully-colored versions of Part 1, 2, and 3 manga will be re-released as JoJonium. The trailer. Related picutes: #1 and #2 cover designs.

And last but not least, chapter 26 of JoJolion should be released later this month.

I just finished Stardust Crusaders, since I decided to read all of the last arc in one sitting. And holy shit, was it awesome.

I'm actually planning on taking a break from the series to check out other manga. I'm waiting for better translations of Diamond Is Unbreakable and Vento Aureo to be completed.

By the way, does anyone know where the anime can be streamed?

Last edited Nov 14, 2013 at 01:47AM EST

New details on the Stardust Crusaders adaption:
Source
Source 2

- Airing will begin on Spring 2014.
- New seiyuus, different from the ones in the game. It doesn't specify who will be returning.
- The seiyuus will be announced at Jump Festa, December 22.
- Anime wants to do it's own thing. There is a possibility of characters being cut.
- David really wants to animate the more violent fights

>Different seiyuus from the game
>Possibility of characters being cut

All Star Battle cast was pretty much perfect in my opinion, so it's kind of a bummer. And lets hope David doesn't cut any of more interesting fights in Part 3, like D'Arby the Gamer, Mariah, or Rubber Soul. Though David has been pretty faithful with the adaptation so far, so I'm not too worried yet.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 05:08PM EST

"Airing will begin on Spring 2014."

DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CAN WAIT THAT LONG!?

"New Seiyuus, different from the ones in the game. It doesn’t specify who will be returning."
"The Seiyuus will be announced at Jump Festa, December 22."

I admit many of the voice actors did sound good in the game, however they probably still have some returning voice actors. (Unless there is some contract bullshit going on, but inner series bullshit? I wouldn't get it.)

"Anime want's to do it's own thing."

This could either be insanely bad (ruining an otherwise perfectly good plot), or insanely good (redoing the choreography to fit animation better, rather than falling into the pose and talking mid motion trap most adaptations do. Part 2 did the poses good because they purposefully flaunted them).

"David want to animate the more violent fights"

This might tie into the optimistic half of the "Own Thing" point. If they have a higher budget they could very well create an insanely impressive fight that far exceeds the Manga. I want to see where this goes.

A better translation of that voice actor-debacle from yesterday.

※ウルトラジャンプ12月号より
*From Ultra Jump December Issue

「ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 3部」2014年春より放送開始!
The broadcast of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3" starts in Spring of 2014!
1部&2部総集編をMXにて2014年正月に放送!
A summary of parts 1 and 2 will be broadcast on MX in January of 2014!

・アクションメイン(スタンド戦)
-A focus on action (Stand fights)
・スピードワゴンが居ないから解説役をどうするか
-Since Speedwagon won't be there, who will have the commentator role?
・ジャンプフェスタ2014で3部のメインキャスト発表
-The main cast for part 3 will be announced at Jump Festa 2014.
・1部→2部で絵柄をがらっと変えたから今回も変えたい
-There was a big change in the art style from parts 1-2, so we'd like to do the same this time.
・新しいことを盛り込んでいきたい(ジョジョの世界観を壊さず)
-We'd like to incorporate new elements. (Without damaging the Jojo world-view)
・基本理念は一緒
-The fundamental principals are the same
・荒木先生が漫画で出来なかったことをアニメで出来たらいいな、と
-We'd like to do things in the anime that Araki-sensei couldn't do in the manga.

"A focus on action (Stand fights)"
"We’d like to do things in the anime that Araki-sensei couldn’t do in the manga."

I guess they are leaning towards my more optimistic prediction. I expect to see a good deal of re-choreography. Expect far less mid-battle talking like in part ones and two.

Last edited Nov 18, 2013 at 01:48AM EST

While I find Part 3 to be a cool part of JJBA, a lot of people tend to not like it's pacing for some reason. Maybe this upcoming anime may actually fix that by the way they're describing it. That could definitely be a plus to old-time friends and newcomers.

One thing I really want animated is the Oingo Boingo chapters, those were hilarious!

That reminds me, how is everyone enjoying Jojolion so far? I think it is both simultaneously awesome and horrifying. It's like one minute you're bashing your long lost half sister after being chased by her and the next minute you escape a car of pervs by forcing a crash.

Any opinions so far?

I think it's quite good so far. Gappy is a pretty fun character: a bit of a dork, but quick to take action if he thinks he's being played for a fool. The tone of JoJolion quite is different from the rest of the Parts, there are mysteries everywhere: What's the deal with the Higashikata family? What's the deal with the Wall Eyes? Do the Corpse Parts play a role in this? All that is just scraping the surface.

I guess we'll find out eventually.

By the way, here you can find JoJolion Chapter 26 raws. If you can't read Japanese, you'll have to wait for the translation.

Last edited Nov 19, 2013 at 01:48AM EST

MScratch wrote:

I think it's quite good so far. Gappy is a pretty fun character: a bit of a dork, but quick to take action if he thinks he's being played for a fool. The tone of JoJolion quite is different from the rest of the Parts, there are mysteries everywhere: What's the deal with the Higashikata family? What's the deal with the Wall Eyes? Do the Corpse Parts play a role in this? All that is just scraping the surface.

I guess we'll find out eventually.

By the way, here you can find JoJolion Chapter 26 raws. If you can't read Japanese, you'll have to wait for the translation.

But It's so damn silly! Even in comparison to the other parts!

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

I just uploaded every cover of every volume released for the manga thus far to the Image Gallery.

Funnily enough, I actually missed the volume that ended Part 4 and started Part 5 when I checked through them. Thankfully, that's an easy fix.

Well both of their names contain the kanji :
Rohan Kishibe – 岸辺
Yotsuyu Yagiyama – 八木山夜
Therefore, you many have a point…

Last edited Nov 22, 2013 at 02:58PM EST

ASB patch 1.04 has been released. You can find sort of official patch notes here. The patch mostly overhauls characters' mechanics, like making Akira Otoishi not suck.

@Kung Fu Cthulhu
You can find DUWANG episodes 1-8 right here.

I was thinking of doing a special Jump-related project and thought of putting a ton of characters in said project. These are the Jojo characters that'll appear in it:

Jonathan Joestar, Dio Brando, Joseph Joestar, Jotaro Kujo/Star Platinum, DIO/The World, Jotaro Kujo/Star Platinum: The World, Josuke Higashikata/Crazy Diamond, Giorno Giovanna/Gold Experience, Jolyne Cujoh/Stone Ocean, Johnny Joestar/Tusk and Josuke Higashikata/Soft & Wet.

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

I was thinking of doing a special Jump-related project and thought of putting a ton of characters in said project. These are the Jojo characters that'll appear in it:

Jonathan Joestar, Dio Brando, Joseph Joestar, Jotaro Kujo/Star Platinum, DIO/The World, Jotaro Kujo/Star Platinum: The World, Josuke Higashikata/Crazy Diamond, Giorno Giovanna/Gold Experience, Jolyne Cujoh/Stone Ocean, Johnny Joestar/Tusk and Josuke Higashikata/Soft & Wet.

Take it. Take it all.

Antfish released a new JJBATAS video. A Comment Special, to be precise. I wonder when he's going to release Episode 4…

December will be a good month. A new JoJolion chapter will be released and more info on the new Stardust Crusaders adaptation will be revealed.

Also here are more JoJonium related pictures:

Some news. Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing that Jonathan Joestar and Joseph Joestar from will both be playable characters in J-Stars Victory Vs. Source.

Also here's an amazing 13 minute JoJo MAD. Enjoy the MADness.

Last edited Dec 11, 2013 at 06:38AM EST

I'm sorry for double posting, but did you know that the group named Invincible Trio is un-DUWANG-ing the translations of Part 4?

They have recently released an updated Volume 44, which covers Chapters from 408 (Enigma Boy Pt. 5) to 417 (Cheap Trick Pt. 6).

We're nearing the end of the part and the Trio plans to release the rest of the Volumes within few months, so stay tuned for more.

Last edited Jan 19, 2014 at 04:02AM EST

MScratch wrote:

Some screens of the English release of JoJo All Star Battle.
Diamond is not Crazy.

"Shining Diamond"
Eh, there's probably going to be worse.

Like, for instance, the replacement of "DOJYA~~N"

Last edited Feb 05, 2014 at 05:09PM EST

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

"Shining Diamond"
Eh, there's probably going to be worse.

Like, for instance, the replacement of "DOJYA~~N"

At least they kept the reference. The song IS named "Shine On Me You Crazy Diamond". And Tah-dah! is basically an English translation of Dojya~~n!

Still, we'll just have to wait and see what else is going to be changed.

The maidigitv source was taken down for some reason, so here is an alternate one.

There is also a comparison of manga panels and the bits shown from the PV here.

It seems they are really going to be faithful to the manga like the last two parts.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!