Forums / Discussion / General

171,312 total conversations in 5,504 threads

+ New Thread

KILL la KILL General

Last posted Apr 03, 2014 at 09:03AM EDT. Added Nov 09, 2013 at 08:51PM EST
291 posts from 44 users

So, this seemed a pretty popular topic in the anime thread, so I thought, “This deserves its own thread.”

To get discussion started, let’s talk about the so-called “rape” of Ryuko in the first episode. Did this bother you? If so, how much? Do you think people are getting a little too butthurt about it?

To fill you in, when Senketsu first met Ryuko, some people thought that the way it played out felt uncannily like a rape scene, with both parties using language that you commonly hear during unwanted sexual advances in anime.

I won’t deny that the rapey scenes are troubling, but they didn’t really bother me nearly as much as I expected, given everyone’s squawking.

In my experience, most rape in anime tends to fall into one of 3 categories:

1. Hentai rape, designed to cater to a rape fantasy.
  2. Soap-opera drama rape, designed to add moe points to a character, making you feel sorry for them. An example of a character who was a victim of this type of rape is ROT13:Nenfuvxb Lhhab from MM!. She was date-raped by a boyfriend, causing her to ROT13:orpbzr naqebcubovp, as part of her backstory.
  3. Shoujo masochist rape, which is related to but distinct from both of the above. Like hentai rape, it glamorizes and fetishizes rape, but rather than asking, “Wouldn’t it be hot to rape someone?” it asks, “Wouldn’t it be hot to get raped?” Anyone who knows anything about rape knows that this is not how rape works. Shoujo masochist rape often portrays the rapist as an abusive, but internally conflicted and worthy of pity. Often, the victim ends up falling for the rapist, which is about as realistic as it sounds.

Ryuko’s “rape” at the hands (er, sleeves) of Senketsu falls into none of the above categories. Furthermore, Ryuko is a badass. I have yet to see an anime where a badass gets raped. She’s not the type of character that gets raped in anime.

I won’t deny that the whole situation is disturbing, but if you think about it, how else is Senketsu supposed to get Ryuko to don him? The whole “clothing” theme means that there are going to be uncomfortable situations like that. Isn’t Ryuko being forcefully made to wear Senketsu similar to how Shinji is forcefully made to pilot EVA 01, only with the twist that instead of piloting a mecha, the protagonist must wear clothes? Later, there is the whole episode about the agent from Nudist Beach demanding that Ryuko strip and hand over Senketsu. Personally, I think it’s quite clever. You’ve seen movies where a member of a secret organization confronts the protagonist and demands that they hand over a macguffin, right? Well, this takes that concept and puts a twist on it: What if that macguffin were the very clothes on a character’s back?

You’re going to run into uncomfortable situations.

Last edited Nov 09, 2013 at 08:58PM EST
Nov 09, 2013 at 08:51PM EST

Honestly, due to the nature of the show, I didn’t think about it much. I just found the whole situation funny. Senkestu going crazy for more blood and Ryuuko wondering how clothing can talk and whats going on.

anyways, its my favorite anime of the fall season and the last episode was incredibly bad ass.

Nov 09, 2013 at 09:23PM EST

Amen, brutha/sista. The show just keeps getting better and better.

lol @ the people who thought KLK was all eye candy and no plot.

Nov 09, 2013 at 10:29PM EST

One of my favorite parts about KlK is the huge amount of symbolism behind what looks like a silly, frenetic action show – things like the faceless, assimilated, and homogenized one-star followers of Satsuki and the Guerilla using the very tools used to create clothing to destroy them. It’s a lot like Gurren Lagann, in that respect – a lot of symbolism you miss the first time, but that you can really read into after that. So I can definitely see where you’re coming from with the rape analogy, and it kind of makes sense to me.

I remember when the show was just starting, people were making comparisons to suicide, which really makes sense in the first couple of episodes – the wrist slitting, the ugly, violent transformation, bleeding out causing loss of transformation, but when Ryouko unlocked Senketsu’s power it rang really strongly of a consent analogy, opening herself up for Senketsu. She had to bare herself for him and become one with him – sound familiar? The whole concept of the Kamui is incredibly sexually charged, not only visually. In the same way, it really does add credence to the rape parallel, As she doesn’t originally consent and doesn’t want to become one with him. She exhausts her strength fighting him and nearly dies trying to keep him off. Now whether this is a good thing that it’s there or not (hint: probably not) is another matter entirely, but it still shows how charged a single scene can be in this anime.

Nov 10, 2013 at 01:29AM EST
To get discussion started, let’s talk about the so-called “rape” of Ryuko in the first episode. Did this bother you? If so, how much? Do you think people are getting a little too butthurt about it?

Really sorry but I’m honestly quite surprised if people are thinking that when meanwhile the entire anime is the way it is…

But to answer that question, it doesn’t bother me, as I’m saying there are many other moments about the nature of the show to complain about, so why just that bit?

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 09:16AM EST
Nov 10, 2013 at 09:13AM EST

@twilitlord

In the same way, it really does add credence to the rape parallel, As she doesn’t originally consent and doesn’t want to become one with him. She exhausts her strength fighting him and nearly dies trying to keep him off.

Here’s the problem I have with this. Only in the very beginning was she unwilling to put him on because this crazy talking uniform jumped out of nowhere, but once she found out the power Senketsu held, she had no qualms (besides her embarrassment of being half naked) of using him to fight the boxer and everyone else. Even in the first encounter she named him and he has been protecting her ever since by making sure he turns off before running her dry. She was ashamed of the fact she had to become nearly naked to use the Kami however and it wasn’t until she learned to disregard others and be comfortable with herself that she was able to unlock his and her full potential. So the rape allegory doesn’t really seem to work to well for me, nor does the suicide allegory, as they take just one thing from the show ( the initial meeting of Senketsu, or the gauntlet that allows her to transform) and conflict with everything else. Why, if senkestu represented rape, would he become Ryuuko closest and most trusted friend, willing to save her by sacrificing himself? Ryuuko is a driven individual who wants nothing more to achieve her goal, so why the suicide allegory? I don’t know, just my two cents.

This tumblr post is pretty solid analysis of the show in my opinion

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:23PM EST

Exactly! Dac understands.

@Quantum:

The reason why I picked this topic to start the discussion is because that was the pretty much the first real big controversial squawk about the show when it first started airing. But I think we’ve sufficiently debunked that myth.

I think only thing we really need to be worried about now is Ryuko turning into a STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER™.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 02:08PM EST
Nov 10, 2013 at 02:05PM EST

@Sir Genry

I also completely disagree with Ryuuko being a STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER™.
Most complaints levied on her tend to complain about her outfit, her good looks, and the fact that she has a no nonsense attitude. If those were her only attributes, than yeah, she would be pretty bare bones and be a good example of this trope ,but she is respectful ( to those who show her respect), she can be venerable, she doesn’t always win( In fact she gets her ass handed to her more often than not), she is self conscious about her body, etc. What I am getting at is that she isn’t just a badass femme fatale with no real personality. She is a believable character that you really feel like the odds are stacked against her and she cares greatly for her friends and those who have cared for her. A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER™ probably wouldn’t be huddled in corner, cradling her best friend, senkestu, and then getting saved by the guy who beat her and handful of clubs up with little effort. Gainax, and now trigger, have a knack for making good characters.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 03:23PM EST
Nov 10, 2013 at 03:20PM EST

I’m not saying she is one, I’m saying if handled badly by the writers, she could end up derailed into one.

But I trust Trigger. The writing for this show is phenomenal so far.

Nov 10, 2013 at 07:20PM EST

Oh, that comment was directed to the people who complain about that, not you.

Nov 10, 2013 at 07:55PM EST

I got this from the review of one user in MyAnimeList.

On others news. On december 25, (what a coincidence…) the OST from the show will be on sale.

Here is the track list.

1.Before my body is dry[4:06] (Don´t lose your way)
2.goriLLA蛇L[4:15]
3.犬Kあ3L[4:33]
4.Blumenkranz[4:18]
5.AdラLib[3:23]
6.鬼龍G@キLL[4:37]
7.KILL7la切ル[4:45]
8.Suck your blood[3:39]
9.Kiっ9=KELL[4:51]
10.k1ll◎iLL[3:07]
11.Light your heart up[3:56]
12.昼裸lilL♪[2:02]
13.斬LLLア生LL[4:25]
14.キ龍ha着LL[4:15]
15.I want to know[4:06]
16.寝LLna聴9[7:07]
17.Kiる厭KiLL[5:06]
18.Till I Die[4:41]

And a preview

Last edited Dec 05, 2013 at 11:46PM EST
Dec 05, 2013 at 11:45PM EST

Where are you guys watching this show online? I’m actually quite curious what all the buzz is about on Shadbase.

Dec 06, 2013 at 12:05AM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Where are you guys watching this show online? I’m actually quite curious what all the buzz is about on Shadbase.

I download it. You can watch it online on Crunchyroll.

Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 12:18AM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 12:17AM EST

I’ve been watching it on Crunchyroll, but I’m sure there are quite a few sites where you can find it.

Dec 06, 2013 at 12:21AM EST

CrouchingSloth wrote:

I’ve been watching it on Crunchyroll, but I’m sure there are quite a few sites where you can find it.

Here they are Hulu, Daisuki, and Aniplex Channel. For Hulu you must be in the U.S.A.

Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 12:29AM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 12:29AM EST

Loli wrote:

Here they are Hulu, Daisuki, and Aniplex Channel. For Hulu you must be in the U.S.A.

Thank you.

My wtf meters are already off the charts, did I hit the story climax in the first 5 minutes?

Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 02:04PM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 01:52PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Thank you.

My wtf meters are already off the charts, did I hit the story climax in the first 5 minutes?

Every episode plays like a finale episode.

Dec 06, 2013 at 04:54PM EST

When I saw this guy:

I immediately thought of this guy:

Interestingly, they both have a bit of a bondage motif going for them, the former to a much greater degree than the latter. You can’t see it in that picture ‘cause he’s in his henshin ’d form.

Last edited Dec 06, 2013 at 05:02PM EST
Dec 06, 2013 at 05:01PM EST

Amnyancat:

“Most women who’ve gone through puberty”

Is there an option to skip?

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 12:56AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 12:55AM EST

Cale wrote:

Amnyancat:

What, puberty? I wish.

Has someone read the manga? I can´t find it anywhere.

Last edited Dec 07, 2013 at 05:47PM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 05:46PM EST

Cale wrote:

Amnyancat:

Why would I not watch this because of the sexism? I mean that’s like the only reason I’m watching it.

Anyone with an opinion is a fucking idiot.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 08:12PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 08:07PM EST
Why would I not watch this because of the sexism? I mean that’s like the only reason I’m watching it.

Can we all agree that the show is great whatever are the reason why you, guys, watch it?

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 10:27PM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 10:15PM EST

Loli wrote:

Can we all agree that the show is great whatever are the reason why you, guys, watch it?

Dec 09, 2013 at 10:57PM EST

Cale wrote:

Amnyancat:

Read that sentence again, its saying ‘that most women will be thinking " Wow that sounds familair"
Not ’ Most women have gone through puberty’ .

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 11:06PM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 11:06PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Pretty interesting. The four kings fits perfectly with the elite four. What about Satsuki?

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 11:46PM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 11:39PM EST

Okay people, freak out.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/KillLaKill

Now i realize that Tsumugu could be Ryuko´s uncle and the women he saw die could be Ryuko´s mother. I really can’t wait for getting answers. I guess for now i am going to make suppositions.

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:46AM EST

Loli wrote:

Pretty interesting. The four kings fits perfectly with the elite four. What about Satsuki?

The moon runes used for the Elite Four (四天王, pronounced shitennou) are the same that are used to refer to not only the mythical Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhism, but also various 4-person shogun groups throughout Japanese history.

You’ll see groups called Shitennou floating around in various anime quite frequently. The Elite Four from each different Pokemon gen are also called Shitennou.

Please ignore the fact that the English word “shit” is contained within the romanization of “四天王”.

Dec 10, 2013 at 05:38PM EST

Loli wrote:

Satsuki would then correspond to Śakra, the Deva who rules at the summit of Sumeru and is served by the Four Heavenly Kings.

Analysis of symbolism complete. Commence synthesis:

Spirality of humanity recognized, allows for creation of clothing made from life fibers (Goku uniforms and Kamui are the “Ganmen” of this universe). Satsuki sees the world her mother created as rotten to the core and in need of reformation. She intends to use natural selection (Note: Dharma refers to living according to the “natural law” of the universe, usually as understood by Buddha) in order to accelerate the spiral evolution of the students under her command and, using Honnouji Academy as her “drill”, intends to invade the “Heavenly Realm(s)” of her mother. She may succeed, though to disastrous effect; she may inadvertently replace her mother as the “Anti-Spiral” of this story, trading one rotten Heavenly Realm for another of her own design. Her successful failure would stem from the fact that she has a skewed, imperfect understanding of the “natural law”, which could be represented by Junketsu being a monstrous and twisted version of Senketsu.
That’s where Ryuko comes in. Senketsu’s appearance is reminiscent of a Dharma doll, his having only one eye being representative of Ryuko having not yet attained her goal of finding the truth behind her father’s murder. In the process of finding the truth, she will be forced to face the big bad of the series, which may be either Satsuki or Satsuki’s mother, and in their ensuing philosophical argument, she will discover not only the truth of her father’s murder, but also the truth of the dharmic “natural law”, attaining a sort of enlightenment akin to Simon’s at the end of TTGL, which will be made evident by Senketsu regaining his second eye and Ryuko unlocking the full potential of the Kamui and defeating the big bad. Thus enlightened, it will be Ryuko, not Satsuki, who will be successful in creating an unrotten “Heavenly Realm” by helping others (most probably including Satsuki) arrive at the same enlightened truth that she did.

Synthesis complete. Your thoughts, thread-dwellers?

Dec 11, 2013 at 01:03AM EST

I recall there being a scene where one of the male members of the Elite Four’s Goku suit is transforming and his crotch is uncovered for a second and that there was no penis.

It’s not really relevant, I just thought it was funny.

Dec 11, 2013 at 01:59PM EST

Supreme the Lurking Monitor wrote:

Satsuki would then correspond to Śakra, the Deva who rules at the summit of Sumeru and is served by the Four Heavenly Kings.

Spirality of humanity recognized, allows for creation of clothing made from life fibers (Goku uniforms and Kamui are the “Ganmen” of this universe). Satsuki sees the world her mother created as rotten to the core and in need of reformation. She intends to use natural selection (Note: Dharma refers to living according to the “natural law” of the universe, usually as understood by Buddha) in order to accelerate the spiral evolution of the students under her command and, using Honnouji Academy as her “drill”, intends to invade the “Heavenly Realm(s)” of her mother. She may succeed, though to disastrous effect; she may inadvertently replace her mother as the “Anti-Spiral” of this story, trading one rotten Heavenly Realm for another of her own design. Her successful failure would stem from the fact that she has a skewed, imperfect understanding of the “natural law”, which could be represented by Junketsu being a monstrous and twisted version of Senketsu.
That’s where Ryuko comes in. Senketsu’s appearance is reminiscent of a Dharma doll, his having only one eye being representative of Ryuko having not yet attained her goal of finding the truth behind her father’s murder. In the process of finding the truth, she will be forced to face the big bad of the series, which may be either Satsuki or Satsuki’s mother, and in their ensuing philosophical argument, she will discover not only the truth of her father’s murder, but also the truth of the dharmic “natural law”, attaining a sort of enlightenment akin to Simon’s at the end of TTGL, which will be made evident by Senketsu regaining his second eye and Ryuko unlocking the full potential of the Kamui and defeating the big bad. Thus enlightened, it will be Ryuko, not Satsuki, who will be successful in creating an unrotten “Heavenly Realm” by helping others (most probably including Satsuki) arrive at the same enlightened truth that she did.

Synthesis complete. Your thoughts, thread-dwellers?

Dec 11, 2013 at 04:10PM EST

Supreme the Lurking Monitor wrote:

Synthesis complete.

Your thoughts, thread-dwellers?

Needs moar TTGL refences.

she will discover not only the truth of her father’s murder, but also the truth of the dharmic “natural law”, attaining a sort of enlightenment akin to Simon’s at the end of TTGL, which will be made evident by Senketsu regaining his second eye and Ryuko unlocking the full potential of the Kamui and defeating the big bad.

I bet my ass it´s going to happen.

Dec 11, 2013 at 05:33PM EST

Dac wrote:

Read that sentence again, its saying ‘that most women will be thinking " Wow that sounds familair"
Not ’ Most women have gone through puberty’ .

The bullet verbatim is “most women who’ve gone through puberty will be thinking ‘wow this sounds familiar’”.

I know what it means. But there’s the unintentional implication as a result of the way the sentence is built, grammatically correct or not. Instead of “most women, who have gone through puberty, will be thinking”, it’s “most women who’ve gone through puberty will be thinking.” Which implies there are women who have not gone through puberty, which is the joke, only that now that I’ve explained the joke, it’s not longer a joke.

Dec 13, 2013 at 08:05AM EST

Alex Mercer The BronyMod wrote:

Episode 11 is up

No one is going to talk about how amazing the episode was? I´m disappointed.

I am going to be the first in saying: Holy Fuck!

Ryuko is going berseker, the girl who knows everything about life fibers, and possibly the most hard enemy so far, appeared and everything is going straight to hell. Did i miss something?

Dec 13, 2013 at 08:03PM EST

It’s very obvious that this is the same team that worked on TTGL, and I’m definitely not complaining. One thing I’ve noticed, though – I think we can all agree that KLK is a semi-distant relative to the magical girl genre – an outside source gives a (relatively) ordinary girl extraordinary combat powers involving a transforming outfit is the most prevalent clue. With that in mind, I’ve been looking at the show a bit closer, and I’ve been thinking – in the same way that TTGL is a celebration and chronicle of Mecha anime history, is KLK doing the same for the Magical Girl genre? The show’s already been through some more friendship- and comedy-based mini-arcs, resembling a lot of earlier series, and has now taken a resemblance to more combat- and action based series. In a similar way, TTGL started out celebrating combat-heavy early series like Gundam, turned to more introspective battles like NGE after episode 7, and finally moved on to more recent series, with oversized mechs and oversized characters who ignore the odds. It just seems really similar to me – if we see a deconstructing, Madoka-style arc soon, it’d probably seal the deal.

Last edited Dec 13, 2013 at 09:30PM EST
Dec 13, 2013 at 09:29PM EST

@Twilitlord

I’ll be honest, I don’t think of Kill La Kill part of the Magical Girl genre at all. Yes it has transformations and outfits, but the outfits are treated much more like machines of war and symbols of status than straight up magic. Actually, magic has played no part in the show at all. Everything was made by scientists and in factories. Not to mention that guys and girls alike have Goku uniforms. I cant really see it deconstructing a genre it shares so little in common with. I see it more as an anime that shows an exaggerated depiction of the way status and hierarchy dominate society.

Also, TTGL was more of a celebration of the Super Robot genre ( Mazinger, Gaiking, Getter robo), and not so much the real robot genre ( Mobile suit Gundam). Anyways, I never felt like it deviated from being a celebration throughout its whole run.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:31PM EST

Dac wrote:

@Twilitlord

I’ll be honest, I don’t think of Kill La Kill part of the Magical Girl genre at all. Yes it has transformations and outfits, but the outfits are treated much more like machines of war and symbols of status than straight up magic. Actually, magic has played no part in the show at all. Everything was made by scientists and in factories. Not to mention that guys and girls alike have Goku uniforms. I cant really see it deconstructing a genre it shares so little in common with. I see it more as an anime that shows an exaggerated depiction of the way status and hierarchy dominate society.

Also, TTGL was more of a celebration of the Super Robot genre ( Mazinger, Gaiking, Getter robo), and not so much the real robot genre ( Mobile suit Gundam). Anyways, I never felt like it deviated from being a celebration throughout its whole run.

I dunno, I definitely don’t think it’s a direct relative to the genre but there’s definitely strong elements of it. I’ll agree with your analysis about hierarchy and status, that’s definitely true, but it just feels uncannily parallel to some of the tropes of the genre to me.

And I never said that TTGL ever stopped being a celebration of the Mecha genre, it definitely did – it made sure to celebrate all of its eras is all. If you look at the episodes directly after Kamina’s death (I feel like it’s been long enough that I don’t need to spoiler that but I will anyways) The more important battles are fought in Simon’s mind and between the crew members, similar to how the Angel battles of NGE aren’t the most important thing you get out of the series. And let’s be real, if you don’t feel that NGE redefined the genre, if you’re going to parallel the genre’s entire history it needs a spot.

But that’s another story.

You’re right, I could be wrong. I may be making all of this up because I’m analyzing it too hard. I definitely do feel that the idea of the Kamui has strong ties to Magical Girl genre, but I know they’ll never call it that. There’s also still another 15 episodes for the show to shoot down my theory. But I will strongly agree with you that the show is heavily steeped in symbolism for female empowerment, hierarchy, social status and a whole lot more.

Dec 14, 2013 at 09:26PM EST

Genry wrote:

This shot makes my skin crawl.

She beat Uzu in one hit, ONE HIT!! and she wasn’t wearing a goku uniform or a kamui. How that is even possible? Ruyko is going to have a really hard time.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:48PM EST

Loli wrote:

She beat Uzu in one hit, ONE HIT!! and she wasn’t wearing a goku uniform or a kamui. How that is even possible? Ruyko is going to have a really hard time.

It should be noted that she didnt hit him, but unraveled his goku uniform. I wonder how she will fight agaisnt a kamui that has no banshee thread. Not saying I dont think she will kick Ryoko’s butt. She still seems to be incredibly strong and the 5 sparkles on her nails make me think that she may not be wearing a uniform, but she may have life fibers in her nail polish. Satsukis mother also seems like she has life fibers in her skin with the 7 stars on her back.

Dec 16, 2013 at 06:22PM EST

Dac wrote:

It should be noted that she didnt hit him, but unraveled his goku uniform. I wonder how she will fight agaisnt a kamui that has no banshee thread. Not saying I dont think she will kick Ryoko’s butt. She still seems to be incredibly strong and the 5 sparkles on her nails make me think that she may not be wearing a uniform, but she may have life fibers in her nail polish. Satsukis mother also seems like she has life fibers in her skin with the 7 stars on her back.

Check this.

Explain your theory about Satsuki´s mother.

Dec 16, 2013 at 07:28PM EST

Loli wrote:

Check this.

Explain your theory about Satsuki´s mother.

I’ve seen the preview. I know shit will go down. I just don’t know how she will fight Ryuko. Her quick thread pulling trick won’t work on a kamui.
Anyways, Satsukis mother has 7 star shaped scars on her back and she always seems to bend colorful rays of light around her. I think the Grand Couturier, Nui, may have found a way to forgo the use of uniforms all together and put the life fibers right on the body. It would explain why Nui is so strong without a uniform.

Dec 16, 2013 at 09:08PM EST

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I have a feeling that Nui didn’t actually kill Ryuko’s father, and is just saying that to cause Ryuko to go berserk. I’m guessing that if Ryuko looses control of herself, it will cause Senketsu’s already rapid pace of evolution to increase, which is probably Nui’s goal.

On the topic of symbolism; while I’d love to be the guy that says everyone is reading too much into it, I remember reading that Gurren Lagann had a plot point that was timed to be 108 seconds after a commercial as to symbolize the 108 sins of eastern traditions. Given that Kill la Kill is made by many of the same people who worked on Gurren Lagann, I wouldn’t put it past them to include insane amounts of hidden symbolism.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:26PM EST

Dac wrote:

I’ve seen the preview. I know shit will go down. I just don’t know how she will fight Ryuko. Her quick thread pulling trick won’t work on a kamui.
Anyways, Satsukis mother has 7 star shaped scars on her back and she always seems to bend colorful rays of light around her. I think the Grand Couturier, Nui, may have found a way to forgo the use of uniforms all together and put the life fibers right on the body. It would explain why Nui is so strong without a uniform.

In my opinion, the idea of life fibers inside the body looks like the next logical step in the story.
It would explain a lot of things that otherwise couldn’t be explained.

@Preview

I am pretty sure you have already seen this preview. I will like to point out the moment when Isshin´s clothes fixes by themself, like Wolverine.

Last edited Dec 17, 2013 at 02:44PM EST
Dec 17, 2013 at 02:37PM EST

Dac wrote:

How do we know that Kamuis don’t have banshis? They said that a banshi is a single fiber imbued with the will to become clothing… but a Kamui is clothing, too… or maybe a banshi is a fiber imbued with the will to become an inanimate object, specifically clothing…

Dec 17, 2013 at 04:45PM EST

Genry wrote:

How do we know that Kamuis don’t have banshis? They said that a banshi is a single fiber imbued with the will to become clothing… but a Kamui is clothing, too… or maybe a banshi is a fiber imbued with the will to become an inanimate object, specifically clothing…

I misunderstood the explanation. Yes, Kamuis also have Banshee Threads.

Dec 17, 2013 at 05:10PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!