Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

is my internet being shitty or does youtube doesnt even work anymore

Last posted Nov 18, 2013 at 05:51PM EST. Added Nov 10, 2013 at 01:25PM EST
17 posts from 11 users

iunno what the hell caused this ( 80% that it was the google+ update) but for some reason i cant even enter youtube anymore

is anyone having this same trouble, or is just me.

Nov 10, 2013 at 01:25PM EST

I’ve noticed some issues as well. On quite a few videos, I’ve noticed that when I try to replay it, it’ll go back to the start of the video but it doesn’t play. I end up having to refresh the page in order to play the video again. I am starting to think that it might have to do with that update.

Nov 10, 2013 at 01:42PM EST

Same here. I have to reload the page if I want to see the video again.

Nov 10, 2013 at 01:54PM EST

Having just overhauled the design again, mainly the threaded comments sections that I will get burned for saying “I like” (same design as KYM comments sections guys!), they are probably still working out quite a few bugs.

Nov 10, 2013 at 01:57PM EST

The times I’ve been on the new layout, it’s worked well. Then again, I haven’t been watching a whole lot of Youtube videos.

Nov 10, 2013 at 02:02PM EST

i hope they fix it soon, tired of having to use third party programs to just enter youtube.

Nov 10, 2013 at 08:43PM EST

I seem to be able to get into Youtube just fine.

Last night I was having a little trouble with video’s struggling to load but that could have just been my mediocre internet being mediocre.

@Natusuru

the threaded comments sections that I will get burned for saying “I like” (same design as KYM comments sections guys!)

I prefer threaded comments as well. Makes it way easier to follow comment trains than clicking “Click to show comment” over and over and over. The only problem is that this seems to only work for new comments (I think). Old comment trains aren’t nested so you are left without context in those

Nov 10, 2013 at 09:04PM EST

I actually had this problem several weeks ago. Right now thought it’s OK for me.

Nov 10, 2013 at 09:07PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I seem to be able to get into Youtube just fine.

Last night I was having a little trouble with video’s struggling to load but that could have just been my mediocre internet being mediocre.

@Natusuru

the threaded comments sections that I will get burned for saying “I like” (same design as KYM comments sections guys!)

I prefer threaded comments as well. Makes it way easier to follow comment trains than clicking “Click to show comment” over and over and over. The only problem is that this seems to only work for new comments (I think). Old comment trains aren’t nested so you are left without context in those

my internet aint that about, about 3.30 mb when i connect to servers in some south american countries and 2.40 in american ones (ok it may not be the best one but hey, atleast it aint 1mb right?) , in fact i have started to see that most if not all google related pages also have really bad performance for me, google takes time to find pages, google+ is sluggish, i cant even enter youtube. iunno what the heck google did, fi they block our countries, my country, my city, or me alone but i know for sure this has something to do with them.

Last edited Nov 11, 2013 at 11:36AM EST
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:36AM EST

Can confirm get this too.

Nov 11, 2013 at 03:41PM EST

All I know is that they broke the comments section. Not that that’s a bad thing, they just left a shell of it so idiots still think they can argue on it. Insufficient breaking up of discussions.

Nov 11, 2013 at 07:29PM EST

Nov 11, 2013 at 09:03PM EST

MDFification wrote:

All I know is that they broke the comments section. Not that that’s a bad thing, they just left a shell of it so idiots still think they can argue on it. Insufficient breaking up of discussions.

I would go against the popular opinion and think the nastiness of pre-google+ comment section is overexaggerated. The complaining about comment section was the one which actually made it worse. In many non-popular videos, comment section worked very well. However, now it’s more screwed up.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:11PM EST

Evilthing wrote:

I would go against the popular opinion and think the nastiness of pre-google+ comment section is overexaggerated. The complaining about comment section was the one which actually made it worse. In many non-popular videos, comment section worked very well. However, now it’s more screwed up.

It’s over exaggerated, yet it’s screwed up? I am confused by your post.

Last edited Nov 12, 2013 at 01:21PM EST
Nov 12, 2013 at 01:21PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

It’s over exaggerated, yet it’s screwed up? I am confused by your post.

What I have to say that sometimes it’s the complaining what screwed up comments of some videos. For an example, there’s a video. Then two or so people mention an unrelated or controversial thing. Then 20 people complain about them and 35 or so complain about complaining about them (and every meta level above that).

Nov 12, 2013 at 02:46PM EST

Last edited Nov 18, 2013 at 05:43PM EST
Nov 18, 2013 at 05:43PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!