Forums / General

195,790 total conversations in 5,392 threads

+ New Thread

Valve is awesome

Last posted Nov 23, 2013 at 11:50PM EST. Added Nov 12, 2013 at 04:54PM EST
16 conversations with 13 participants

I know I will sound like a total fanboy but I believe valve is the best thing that happened to the videogame industry in the past century.
First of all, the games, everyone knows them, most of us loves them no need to go in detail.
BUT these games became platforms to many mods that became, and still becoming great games – chivalry, day of defeat, Stanley parable, a massive list really.
But that’s just the beginning, their whole business model is suited to bring the best to the customers, no cheesy corporate shit that the others are doing.
Having constant sales on steam, helping indie games be more known, updates free of charge.
Their system is choke-full of player friendly features.
Such as the steam market that allows you to sell unwanted items FOR REAL MONEY.
Valve managed to create an amazing system, and still make huge profit.
Imagine managing your disc library without steam, having to minimize your window each time you want to chat with a friend, still having to use Games for windows Live…
At a time when the major game publishers flip the bird to their consumer base, it’s quite inspiring to see a company that embraces its fans.
Don’t you agree?

Nov 12, 2013 at 04:54PM EST

Too much proper grammar and usage of capitals.

2/10 – Not original Jolly Jew content

Nov 12, 2013 at 05:16PM EST

Jolly Jew wrote:

I know I will sound like a total fanboy but I believe valve is the best thing that happened to the videogame industry in the past century.
First of all, the games, everyone knows them, most of us loves them no need to go in detail.
BUT these games became platforms to many mods that became, and still becoming great games – chivalry, day of defeat, Stanley parable, a massive list really.
But that’s just the beginning, their whole business model is suited to bring the best to the customers, no cheesy corporate shit that the others are doing.
Having constant sales on steam, helping indie games be more known, updates free of charge.
Imagine managing your disc library without steam, having to minimize your window each time you want to chat with a friend, still having to use Games for windows Live…
At a time when the major game publishers flip the bird to their consumer base, it’s quite inspiring to see a company that embraces its fans.
Don’t you agree?

DAMN RIGHT!
ALL ABORD THE FANDOM TRAIN!

Nov 12, 2013 at 06:06PM EST

Jolly Jew wrote:

Don’t you agree?

I’m just really impressed with how much your grammar skills have improved. A word of advice, you don’t need to start a sentence with a conjunction like butt, those words are used for connecting two independent clauses or a dependent clause to another clause. If you start a sentence with a dependent clause you will need to use a comma.

Last edited Nov 12, 2013 at 07:08PM EST
Nov 12, 2013 at 07:08PM EST

ok im going to be honest here.

i typed this thread on Word first…

Nov 13, 2013 at 08:41AM EST

So basically even with help from the spellchecker you managed to not actually have 100% grammar accuracy, gasp, shame on word.

Oh well, at least it clearly shows how good Valve is. :P

Nov 13, 2013 at 09:03AM EST

John Mirra wrote:

Nov 13, 2013 at 01:10PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

…is that a cat in the SteamOS ad?

Yeah.

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:31PM EST

The bad thing about Valve is that they don’t know how to count to 3.

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:55PM EST

thegreato wrote:

DAMN RIGHT!
ALL ABORD THE FANDOM TRAIN!

Nov 13, 2013 at 08:35PM EST

I’ve been playing Source and Stalker for so long that I don’t even know what is happening in the gaming industry except for dayz.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:33PM EST

I imagine gabe newell just sitting there reading this like “gooood gooooood”

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:50PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!