Forums / Discussion / General

169,626 total conversations in 5,528 threads

+ New Thread


Meth?

Last posted Nov 24, 2013 at 02:30AM EST. Added Nov 16, 2013 at 01:14AM EST
45 posts from 19 users

A touchy subject, I know, but not one openly discussed. I literally know more people who have/do smoke it than I know who don’t. You may take that piece of information with a grain of salt. I would like to hear opinions/stories on how it has affected your lives, be it indirectly or directly. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I have an intimate understanding of the lifestyle and one observation I’ve made is that it knows no boundaries. It does not discriminate against race, creed, religion, nor class. Its grasp stretches to all corners of the world. So, I know there are some who too, have made observations/opinions.

Discuss-

(Feel free, to ask me anything on the subject as well, though I withhold my right to refuse answering of certain questions. You won’t know until you ask.)

Nov 16, 2013 at 01:14AM EST
Where the hell do you live?

Central Louisiana. Though I’ve lived in most the south my entire life. Its not about where you live, its who you lived. I was raised around it.

Nov 16, 2013 at 01:34AM EST

It hasn’t affected me personally, I’d say, but I live in a meth-addled trailer park and there’s a dealer that lives about three trailers down.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 02:15AM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 02:14AM EST

Being a chemist, I know the reaction mechanisms for the synthesis of meth, and I could probably actually synthesize it, provided I had all the reagents and an organic synthesis lab.

Also, I grew up in Oregon, which had a huge meth problem until 2006. That’s when the state government made pseudoephedrine-containing medications available by prescription only. That really killed off a lot of the meth racket, and addiction rates are falling. Mississippi is the only other state that has the same law, although it’s over-the-counter (i.e. you have to ask the pharmacist for it) pretty much everywhere else in the US. It would be really good if the prescription only criterion were made federal law, but Big Pharma refuses to allow that.

I still find it weird that I can just buy pseudoephedrine in grocery stores here in Canada, and yet they won’t let them sell alcohol…

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 09:08AM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 02:16AM EST
Quote

I grew up in Oregon too, so I saw a lot of the messed up violence that drug can cause. Now I am in California, and everyone is messed up one some drug or another. It has not really bothered me much in my life, except for a few close calls. Mostly it’s annoying trying to keep my bike safe.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 02:27AM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 02:26AM EST

I haven’t met anybody that’s come out and said they have taken meth since all the meth addicts/dealers in Massachusetts live in Chelsea, aka the ghetto of Boston.

Nov 16, 2013 at 07:34AM EST
Quote

Shou Tucker wrote:

Where the hell do you live?

Central Louisiana. Though I’ve lived in most the south my entire life. Its not about where you live, its who you lived. I was raised around it.

Oddly enough, my Aunt, her sister, husband, and nephew hail for Louisiana (although they were in the southern area). Thing is, her husband was a raging addict, while she and her sister cooked it and had the nephew run it around to all sorts of rather unsavory flavors. Never really had a huge impact on me, save for my father’s side of the family spending every spare dollar to try and “fix” or “save” them. Thing was, they never once gave the impression they were unhappy. Husband was too rocked out of his mind to care, aunt and sister too hopped up on the thrill of sticking it to the man and relatively easy money, and nephew never really had a choice in the matter. Give the stuff or get a beating.

Pretty much ruined his life though. His parents didn’t want to do with with him, so he had only aunt and spouse to live with, and when Husband finally had a stroke and Aunt got arrested, he had nowhere to go. Didn’t make it past eighth grade, had no training in any sort of legitimate work, and no one around him really wanted to be associated with him. Nine or ten years since then, and he’s drifting from shitty labor job to shitty labor job, which wouldn’t happen as often if he didn’t instinctively lie and steal from every boss and coworker he’s ever had.
On the bright side, he doesn’t have anything to do with drugs or alcohol. Not sure if it’s out of shame, guilt, or a sense of personal pride though.

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:49PM EST
Quote

@Owens:

It hasn’t affected me personally, I’d say, but I live in a meth-addled trailer park and there’s a dealer that lives about three trailers down.

That was one of my situations until about a year ago.

@Sweatie Killer:
California comes with the usual drug addicts with the added bonus of the homicides. Stay safe out there man.

@Ring Pop:

I haven’t met anybody that’s come out and said they have taken meth

you probably never will. Though you can pick up on subtle slang terms like “a bump”(which I believe is universally used) and less subtle ones like “a bowl of cereal”(I don’t know how wide that one is used as slang terms are varied by region)

@Opspe:
First off, damn dude, you’re a chemist. Makes me wonder what the hell I’m doing with my life.
Also, you’re right about the restrictions on pseudoephedrine declining the use and production. However, that has caused an open market, and I’ve seen how desperate people are to fill them; and the lengths they go to keep them.

Nov 16, 2013 at 01:29PM EST


I have smoked it, snorted it, and injected it.
I have tons of fucked up drug stories
Ask me anything and I’ll tell you don’t even try it
It’s shit and you will regret ever doing it.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 02:28PM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 02:22PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

Oddly enough, my Aunt, her sister, husband, and nephew hail for Louisiana (although they were in the southern area). Thing is, her husband was a raging addict, while she and her sister cooked it and had the nephew run it around to all sorts of rather unsavory flavors. Never really had a huge impact on me, save for my father’s side of the family spending every spare dollar to try and “fix” or “save” them. Thing was, they never once gave the impression they were unhappy. Husband was too rocked out of his mind to care, aunt and sister too hopped up on the thrill of sticking it to the man and relatively easy money, and nephew never really had a choice in the matter. Give the stuff or get a beating.

Pretty much ruined his life though. His parents didn’t want to do with with him, so he had only aunt and spouse to live with, and when Husband finally had a stroke and Aunt got arrested, he had nowhere to go. Didn’t make it past eighth grade, had no training in any sort of legitimate work, and no one around him really wanted to be associated with him. Nine or ten years since then, and he’s drifting from shitty labor job to shitty labor job, which wouldn’t happen as often if he didn’t instinctively lie and steal from every boss and coworker he’s ever had.
On the bright side, he doesn’t have anything to do with drugs or alcohol. Not sure if it’s out of shame, guilt, or a sense of personal pride though.

Thank you for sharing. That was exactly the kind of response I was expecting. Eerily enough, that is disturbingly close to my story. I dropped out of high school my senior year on an unrelated matter, now I too work as a laborer. However, I enjoy what I do and I don’t steal from my bosses. I also transported it and though I was young, I knew what I was doing was wrong. I just wasn’t in any position to protest the matter. I cannot speak for your nephew, but if I were to take a guess on my experiences, the reason he stayed clean is because he saw first hand the life it would lead him to.

Nov 16, 2013 at 02:39PM EST

@Derpy De Los Muertos Vazquez:
Thank you for admitting that. Not too many people would just come out and say it. For obvious reasons there is a stigma about it. However, I do not look down on people who have done it. I couldn’t, for many of them are people I love. I have many different feelings about the matter ranging from anger, hatred, pity, and even sorrow. While my life wasn’t particularly bad, I have met pseudo devils, and have seen “families” that would just make you feel empty inside. With that said, I do still have a sense of humor and I like to keep things light. So thanks for that pic, I lol’d. And please, do continue to offer advice. You would have even more insight about it than myself.

Nov 16, 2013 at 02:51PM EST

On the topic of drugs I have no experience. I haven’t even gotten high off of MJ. I was offered it once, but turned it down. Seriously, I didn’t even take one hit, lol. I’ve lately just wanted to try it to say I did, but I don’t even know the people who do it anymore. For some weird reason I’ve really craved trying molly recently. It sounds pretty good and I really haven’t heard of too many side effects other than people ODing on it which you can OD on anything so that doesn’t really scare me. In fact once I almost OD’d on milk (did one of those gallon milk challenges and won).

Edit: Although I guess I can’t say I haven’t ever gotten high. I had tore my shoulder ligament not too long ago and the doctor gave me Hydrocodone, but that wasn’t really strong enough to do anything. Later, I had my wisdom teeth taken out and OH MAN! Got a full prescription of Oxycodone and that was the shit. Would rather be knocked out again though as what ever was in that general anesthetic made me really messed up. It was like the equivalent to getting drunk, but without the need to throw up.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 03:52PM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 03:51PM EST
Quote

I was always a partier went to clubs, raves, parties, etc. I’ve done about every drug there is. Some stuff like alcohol, pot, acid, and shrooms are fine but coke, speed and heroin are defiantly drugs you don’t want to mess with.

I knew a guy who’s grandmother was a heroin addict and sold meth to support said habit. I found myself helping to look for a missing baggy of speed that my friend had stole. Imagine if your grandmother came to you and asked to help look for speed. That just freaked me out and since I was all sped out. I kept thinking about it like, “WTF am I doing?”

We went to disneyland that next day. Nothing like not sleeping for a week, hearing circus music in your head, being paranoid, getting followed all day by undercover disney cops, and being in the happiest place on earth. That’s about when I re-evaluated my life and quit. My ex-wife was an addict and needed a line just to level out and go to sleep. We divorced soon after because I couldn’t keep putting up with her shit.

My life is 110% better now.

Nov 16, 2013 at 04:02PM EST
Quote

Oh wow! You just made my day with that image. I pretty much live in walmart since I’m like 30 miles from WM HQ and my school is partially supported by walmart. I could totally see that happening in some of the walmarts I know of.

Nov 16, 2013 at 04:16PM EST
Quote

@The Stare Master:
That’s good that you haven’t done anything. I too had surgery before when I was 12 and mentally prepared myself for the gas.(I wanted to see how far I could count back from 100 before I was out) However, I was not prepared for what they actually gave me. I don’t know what it was but it was inserted into my iv and I was out as soon as it my hand.
As for the urge for the Mollys, I strongly urge against it. Pills can have adverse side effects that may not be immediately apparent. People using pills die right and left. However, I do support marijuana legalization, though I haven’t smoked it in a couple years now.

@Derpy De Los Muertos Vazquez:
That’s an unfortunate story. I’ve been in similar circumstances. Its both sad and hilarious to watch someone frantically look for a baggie they tossed out the window at night because a cop passed by them with their lights on.

I feel for you about the Disneyland thing. I forgot to bring up the paranoia aspect. I once witnessed a situation where a guy was intensely staring out the window and when asked what was it he was looking at, he replied: “The FBI rabbits hiding in the bushes” which is now a long running joke around my people.

I know several women who may have been like your ex. One observation I’ve made between male users and female users is that male users are social with their habit while females are more reclusive. Also, females tend to be more in favor of pills.(but this is only my personal observation)

And lastly, I remember that Walmart story. The lady was setting up a mobile lab right on the damn shelf. That brings me back to my point of desperation. Desperate people are dangerous. Desperate, feeming people are REALLY dangerous because they are not thinking clearly. Thanks for sharing, and best of luck to clean, happy life.

Nov 16, 2013 at 05:29PM EST

This thread is progressing better than I expected. Any doubts I had before about starting it are now gone. So, I will now give back by telling a short story:

Location- Georgia(U.S.A)
Me- Age 10
Names have been changed for obvious reasons.

They were both nice houses(I only ever lived in trailers so any house was a nice house to me) yet, they were odd houses. House A. had no power, while house B. had no cable or phone. So house A. had power cords stretching to house B. siphoning off its power. While house B. had cable and phone lines stretching to house A.

I wasn’t allowed in house B. House A. is where all the kids went. JoJo(age 14) lived in house A. Jojo had Mario Kart for the 64 and I fucking loved Mario Kart for the 64.(He had a ps2 also, but nobody was allowed to play it) All the kids took turns playing the 64(I dominated). But Jojo was the only one I could never beat. He was the undisputed champion. He was so good in fact that on his version of Starfox we could be in the Landmaster or on foot in multiplayer. We would sometimes play for hours on end(and even days a couple times) I quite enjoyed it. I never saw much of the adults as they were always in house B. Jojo was always in charge of us, he was a good leader.

One day, house B. lost its power too, so that meant house A. did as well. That also meant no more 64. While in house A. one day, I was hungery, so I was handed a pack of hotdogs. Yet, house A. was powerless, so I decided to cook them over a candle.(don’t do that by the way, you’ll get black stuff all over it) Jojo’s job aside from watching us, was to watch the door of House A. as well. People were always knocking on the door. Sometimes Jojo left us a little while to run errands. One day Jojo’s mom was in a panic and crying. We left house A. that day and moved soon after. I never saw either house or Jojo again.

This was written through the perspective of my memories as they came to me.

Nov 16, 2013 at 06:03PM EST

How do you think natural selection will affect people in the future in relation to drugs? If people have more kids because they do drugs will drugs actually be considered an evolutionary plus? I know it’s a strange thought I disagree with myself.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 09:51PM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 09:48PM EST

Eventually the species of meth bakers will die out from natural selection, due to their tendency to blow themselves the fuck up inside their own makeshift meth labs.

Seriously. NZ had a massive meth outbreak somewhere between 2004-2008. It became known as “P” here. Its effects became highly publicized after many high school students ruined their faces with it and even more after many houses were lost in explosions. (In case anyone didn’t know: Meth labs can ASPLOOOOAD)

I never met anyone that actually tried the stuff but apparently it swept the local gangs, enough that they tried to set up meth labs all around the country. Unfortunately for them and everyone else around them, very many of the labs failed and exploded (Because our gangs suck). Meth became the biggest concern on the national news for a while, especially for landlords. To this date, NZ landlords still have to do background checks on all tenants to ensure they won’t try to make meth and destroy houses with the force of several blocks of TNT

That said, I don’t think the spread of the drug in this country was as bad compared to other states. The drug surely was not as successful. Exploding houses ensured that the outbreak of the drug blew up all over the news (see wut I did thar?), allowing for a rapid government crackdown.

Meth is surely still in circulation in some area’s but not by much if the news coverage is anything to go by. People probably went back to weed by now

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 11:04PM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 09:59PM EST
Quote

Sweatie Killer wrote:

How do you think natural selection will affect people in the future in relation to drugs? If people have more kids because they do drugs will drugs actually be considered an evolutionary plus? I know it’s a strange thought I disagree with myself.

In regards to the natural selcection aspect of that stament, Ill attribute it to the same comparisoin as “Idioricay’s” take on that:
The clip in question
I tried but apparently there is a different method of embidding videos on forums.

But I do believe it will eventually be completely overpassed by a super drug, synthetically created. The new drug will be unlike anything the world has ever seen before(or will ever see again for that matter) Along the lines of bliss from Doctor Who, or Slomo from Dredd.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 10:56PM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 10:52PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Eventually the species of meth bakers will die out from natural selection, due to their tendency to blow themselves the fuck up inside their own makeshift meth labs.

Seriously. NZ had a massive meth outbreak somewhere between 2004-2008. It became known as “P” here. Its effects became highly publicized after many high school students ruined their faces with it and even more after many houses were lost in explosions. (In case anyone didn’t know: Meth labs can ASPLOOOOAD)

I never met anyone that actually tried the stuff but apparently it swept the local gangs, enough that they tried to set up meth labs all around the country. Unfortunately for them and everyone else around them, very many of the labs failed and exploded (Because our gangs suck). Meth became the biggest concern on the national news for a while, especially for landlords. To this date, NZ landlords still have to do background checks on all tenants to ensure they won’t try to make meth and destroy houses with the force of several blocks of TNT

That said, I don’t think the spread of the drug in this country was as bad compared to other states. The drug surely was not as successful. Exploding houses ensured that the outbreak of the drug blew up all over the news (see wut I did thar?), allowing for a rapid government crackdown.

Meth is surely still in circulation in some area’s but not by much if the news coverage is anything to go by. People probably went back to weed by now

They will never die out. As long as people are willing to search for and spend money on it, there will be people willing to manufacture and sell it. Its true that a vast majority of the manufactures are uneducated people either wanting to make a quick buck or desperate people wanting to supply their habit.That is where you get the explosions from. However it only takes one successful lab to supply a large area, as only a tiny amount is necessary to get high.

I can count the people I currently associate with who smoke it on one hand. However, there was a point that there wasn’t a single adult in my life who didn’t smoke it.(Outside of school and other functions of course) Growing up around it, I guess I just saw the world differently. Honestly though, I don’t know much about the drug itself. I only know its affects on people. One thing I remember clearly is that I was happy when the adults had it. They were nice then. It was when they didn’t have it when things got rough.

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:17PM EST

If you have nothing else to do for an hour
I’ve never seen this documentary until now, but I can back up a lot of what it covers, particularly 42:00 and 51:30. It happens. I have witnessed both situations myself. That goes back to my comment about seeing “families” that make you feel dead inside.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:54AM EST

@Shou Tucker: The only reason why I want to try molly is because I haven’t heard anything bad about it yet, still I don’t know that much about it. Everything I’ve heard about it is that it’s “a club drug” and that “it’s rampant in the business district in New York.” (seriously doesn’t sound bad at all to a 22 year old. lol) As far as the drug itself, Urban dictionary kinda describes it nicely:

(Molly is a) Pure form of MDMA (ecstasy), usually a free powder or in capsules. Oftentimes MDA is sold as molly. Should be white in color (when it’s pure) but is more often beige or yellow-brown, and sometimes brown or rarely gray.

That last line is the biggest problem I can find with the drug. When you buy it you don’t know the purity or anything about the pills you are getting. But really you have that problem with all off the market drugs and it is often common in the cocaine market. Even the NIDA doesn’t really sound like they know what they’re are dealing with. Most of the side effects they list seem to say that there is some short term memory loss or depression with regular usage and that they don’t know if this is even caused by the drug or if is the side effects of one of the other drugs. In fact, the first thing they list as a danger for using molly is:

People who use MDMA can become dehydrated through vigorous activity in a hot environment.

I almost couldn’t stop laughing at that one. Seriously though, if that’s the worse danger they can list it’s just as harmful as some of the diet pills you can find over the counter. (I took Stacker III for a while. Every time I got horrible chills, cold sweats, and increased heart rate. I almost took myself to the hospital once or twice.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Legalization: I was going to say “why don’t we just regulate stuff for recreational usage?” but then I tried to think of what stuff. LSD/PCP is pretty freakin scary. Meth is pretty freaking scary. Heroin is pretty freaking scary. I was trying to think of anything besides MJ that isn’t really bad and the only commonly used drugs I could think of were Adderall and Oxycontin which are already pharmaceutical regulated (and then black market traded to college students with finals and junkies). I have mixed feelings on cocaine. Those people can get pretty messed up, but I really don’t know the first hand/societal effects of it are. I really have no beef with MJ usage as it seems to have way more positive effects than tobacco usage. As far as molly (or ecstasy I guess) is concerned, I think there at least need to be some actual trials of the drug. If we can regulate alcohol sales, why couldn’t we regulate ecstasy? They seem to be polar opposites to me. Both seem to have similar after effects (though it is very uncertain as to if MDMA actually has a neurotoxicity to it).

Anyways, that’s my 2 cents wall ‘o text at 1 in the morning. Hopefully I’m not too “radical” here. lol.

Last edited Nov 17, 2013 at 02:36AM EST
Nov 17, 2013 at 02:35AM EST
Quote

I remember my school taking a tour to a court house once. The class went into a judge’s room and viewed a trial from the side, sitting on some nice wooden chairs in side a boxed off section. The defendant was a middle aged man who was caught with drugs, behind him was his wife and kids. The wife was balling her eyes. The judge decided to send him to rehab, the woman behind him start wailing even louder and then the kids started shortly afterwards. The druggy obviously needed it, his hair was falling out and his teeth were rotting, yet he looks like he was once an educated man who just decided to crash and hit the curb for reasons beyond my understanding. I remember the teacher asking us stupid questions in the hall after we left like "Do you think he really deserved that sentence? and “Do you think it fair?” Most kids didn’t say anything because they really did not care. One kid said yes, and argued that rehabilitation was a good thing just so everyone could move on with their lives since most of the students just sat their staring. Everyone else just remain silent whispering to each other or making jokes to one another shortly after. For some reason that bugged me, because of their general lack of empathy towards a tragic event that happened just feet in front of us.

Last edited Nov 17, 2013 at 05:30AM EST
Nov 17, 2013 at 05:30AM EST

@The Stare Master:
In regards to the wall of text:(by the way I can’t judge your 1a.m. posts, hell I started this thread on a 1a.m. impulse) ultimately I cannot say one way or the other on the subject of mollys as I simply have no experience with them. Aside from what I’ve seen on the net, I don’t know anyone who even knows anyone who has taken them. From what I understand though, its just another refashion of speed with a new name. The fact that you admitted that the worst part about it is you never know what you are getting should have been some sort of indication. People lace stuff like that all the time with harder drugs to reel in return customers.

I’m 22 as well. I never lived the social party life, so I don’t know any of the standards that life holds. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have fun and enjoy yourself, I’m simply saying that be careful who and what you associate yourself with.

I’m not going to judge you one way or the other on the matter. You do what you feel you must. As for legalizing marijuana, I only support the legalization of it because the world of marijuana compared to schedule II is childsplay. So many resources could be saved and used elsewhere if that one was just let go.

In regards to your second post: my entire life. Let me clarify though, I’ve always had food in my stomach, a house over my head, loving parents, caring friends and a decent life in general. I could not have asked for more, I’m grateful for everything I’ve had. It’s just, I’ve witnessed first hand those who never even had a chance at such things. I’ve been in “homes” far worse than anything on that documentary. I’ve met people who would make my spine tingle just to be in their presence. I’ve seen “families” that would suck your moral fiber right out of you.
Its those families that I feel great pity and sorrow for. When compared to them, my life was a walk in the park.

Last edited Nov 17, 2013 at 03:23PM EST
Nov 17, 2013 at 03:21PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I remember my school taking a tour to a court house once. The class went into a judge’s room and viewed a trial from the side, sitting on some nice wooden chairs in side a boxed off section. The defendant was a middle aged man who was caught with drugs, behind him was his wife and kids. The wife was balling her eyes. The judge decided to send him to rehab, the woman behind him start wailing even louder and then the kids started shortly afterwards. The druggy obviously needed it, his hair was falling out and his teeth were rotting, yet he looks like he was once an educated man who just decided to crash and hit the curb for reasons beyond my understanding. I remember the teacher asking us stupid questions in the hall after we left like "Do you think he really deserved that sentence? and “Do you think it fair?” Most kids didn’t say anything because they really did not care. One kid said yes, and argued that rehabilitation was a good thing just so everyone could move on with their lives since most of the students just sat their staring. Everyone else just remain silent whispering to each other or making jokes to one another shortly after. For some reason that bugged me, because of their general lack of empathy towards a tragic event that happened just feet in front of us.

Thank you for that, that was another story I was looking for. You cannot judge the kids for being apathetic. Its hard to show sympathy to something you don’t understand, especially when you’re young. I’ve always thought those trips to the courthouse were a joke anyway. They are boring as hell and completely miss the point of deterrence. Rehabilitation does really well with most drugs just not this one. Its in a league of its own. While watching that documentary, a man(who was a user) said that rehab was pointless because if people really wanted to quit they would just quit and thus the rehabilitation would be unnecessary. I have witnessed this first hand, a long time user can quit cold-turkey based on a promise alone. The biggest problem I’ve seen with relapse is that people in recovery always seem to get back around other people who do it, and when that happens, people cannot resist it when its in their face.

Nov 17, 2013 at 03:35PM EST

Cute Master The Absolved Mod wrote:

Jeez, seems kind of intense for kids. Were you in elementary or Junior High/Middle School?

Middle School.

Nov 17, 2013 at 03:43PM EST

>Fundamentalist Homeschooled Baptist

What are these “drugs” you speak of?

But seriously, the closest I’ve ever come to illegal drugs was when a sixteen year old plowed into the back of our family’s parked Focus and then hid a marijuana pipe under our van. It was a really nice blown glass pipe, too.

“You want to keep it? You can hang it on your mantle.”
--State police officer

Last edited Nov 17, 2013 at 08:10PM EST
Nov 17, 2013 at 08:09PM EST
Quote

@xTSGx:
Thats actually pretty funny. Once, a good Iraq vet friend of mine got in the wrong crowd one night and drank heavily, got paranoid and panicked. In his drunken stupor, he concluded that the only safe place to go was my house. There were literally fifty other places he could have stopped before my house. He managed to drive with no incidents until he got to my house, when he decided to cut through the neighbor’s yard and tear up their nice garden. The cops were called and when they searched his truck he had a bunch of paripaniallia(grinder, papers, roller, etc)

I called the cop over and hinted if there was any way he could like, loose them. The cop smiled and said “naw, I’ll keep them, I have a huge collection at home”

In the end, they didn’t take him to jail on the condition he were allowed to sleep it off at my place.

(by the way, every time someone posts in this thread my phone gets an email that says “new post in meth?” like my phone is going “what the hell?” it makes me feel like my phone is dirty.

Nov 17, 2013 at 08:25PM EST

I’m from Tampa, FL ,and surprisingly, you don’t see a lot of drugs in this town. Taur lives in Lakeland(another town in Florida. It’s like the midway point between Tampa and Orlando, where Disney is for you Europeans,) he knows a 15 year old who loves weed.

Nov 18, 2013 at 07:16AM EST
Quote

A reasonable and thought-provoking discussion about illicit drugs on the internet instead of people talking about how high they got last weekend?

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:12AM EST

I went to a catholic highschool, but drug use was pretty prolific. I had a couple friends that did meth and heroin. As for me, I just tried weed , MDMA, and lsd. I still do it occasionally, but not very often.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:56AM EST
Quote

@carno:
I had to read that twice. If I remember correctly, you and Taur are two separate people using the same account. As for the comment, thats not exactly surprising. About a month ago, I was taking a detour on my way home(which takes me through a not so nice part of town) and I saw a kid walking down the street with a lit blunt. He couldn’t have been ten. Also, please don’t be fooled into thinking that just because your town may appear to be clean on the outside that its not got dirty parts. The political powers at be do their best to hide such facts. I can’t blame them, as that would hurt tourism among other financial income the city needs. Every city/town has a dirty side and I can prove it.

@Dac:
That doesn’t surprise me either. As I said, this is a drug that knows no boundaries. There is nobody that it can’t reach. I really don’t have any qualms with any other drug, so as long as you keep your use in control, and don’t let it adversely effect your loved ones, your cool with me.

Nov 18, 2013 at 02:32PM EST

M wrote:

A reasonable and thought-provoking discussion about illicit drugs on the internet instead of people talking about how high they got last weekend?

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh. I"m quite proud of my first thread(though not necessarily its content.) I think I’ve managed keeping it from getting derailed well, while still providing discussion points. I may appear to be solem in this thread, but its merely because its bringing back memories I thought I’d successfully repressed. Outside this thread however, I’m much more upbeat. So, I do appreciate the humor aspect of it.

Nov 18, 2013 at 02:39PM EST

@ Everyone reading this: I can prove that your town has some darker aspects. I don’t know about you guys outside of the U.S. But for those in the states, every city/town has a topix website. Just google: “your town/city” topix. and it should be the first link or so. Topix is basically a gossip forum where internet illiterate(or just illiterate people in general) can congregate and bad mouth/shit talk one another. I implore you to go check out your local topix and watch as you instantly begin to lose brain cells.

I’ll just copy and paste a random message from the first post from my town’s topix.

“that was not rape!!!! she will f…k a dog if he want her.she do her grandma real bad,and shes the only helped her nasty a…sss.even her uncles no she got something.i been knowing her since she was a child.im a cna and a disease dont show p in ur blood the sam or next day,so if u dont no what u talking about “shut the fk up” yea she got it and that king boy too"

Hows that? Did that hurt you to read it. It did me. A little context I picked up from this is that the woman who posted that is a RN. That means she is a registered nurse. Makes you feel safe going to the hospital doesn’t it?

So please, go read some of the forums and post your favorite here. I’d love to see them.

Nov 18, 2013 at 02:50PM EST

M wrote:

A reasonable and thought-provoking discussion about illicit drugs on the internet instead of people talking about how high they got last weekend?

and on that note I really expected a Breaking Bad joke somewhere in this thread
Instead, I read this thread and now feel more knowledgeable because of it.

Nov 18, 2013 at 03:06PM EST

Shou Tucker wrote:

Where the hell do you live?

Central Louisiana. Though I’ve lived in most the south my entire life. Its not about where you live, its who you lived. I was raised around it.

Alabama’s Mardi Gras is better.
Just needed to put that out there.

Nov 18, 2013 at 03:08PM EST

@Captain Badass:
You can be pleasantly surprised sometimes in the oddest of places. It seems that going for the most obvious joke is dying these days. People crave clever.

@KAWAII GUY:
Though Bourbon St. gets wild as hell, I’ll have to agree with you on that. Of course, its hard to define what’s “better” in a situation where everyone loses.

Wait, that answer breaks the guy code. What I meant to say is I completely agree with you because greater variety of titties.

Nov 18, 2013 at 05:41PM EST

Shou Tucker wrote:

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh. I"m quite proud of my first thread(though not necessarily its content.) I think I’ve managed keeping it from getting derailed well, while still providing discussion points. I may appear to be solem in this thread, but its merely because its bringing back memories I thought I’d successfully repressed. Outside this thread however, I’m much more upbeat. So, I do appreciate the humor aspect of it.

Any time. And I enjoy reading reasonable discussions no matter what they’re about. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited Nov 19, 2013 at 11:32AM EST
Nov 19, 2013 at 11:31AM EST

It should have taken you less time to make this joke, Know Your Meme. Color me disappointed.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:46PM EST
Quote

Most it has effected me in when I was up in the hills near me (I’m near the Appalachian mountains, gives you a pretty good clue what I mean) for a family get together. The week before a huge house that had a meth lab that blew up so spectacularly, that there was almost nothing left to clean up. It burned that hot.

Otherwise, I just tell myself every day I won’t become Walter White. I will not become Walter White. I will not become…

Nov 21, 2013 at 09:36PM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

Psst… This is a “Meth” thread, not a “Cocaine” one.

Nov 24, 2013 at 02:30AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!