232,779 total conversations in 7,784 threads

+ New Thread

Gamers are gamers, right?

Last posted Dec 03, 2013 at 09:43PM EST. Added Nov 19, 2013 at 10:08AM EST
40 posts from 23 users

Gamer fag:UR A GURL GAMER U SUK DIK LOLOLOL
Girl gamer:*simply keeps playing*
Gamer fag:*keeps on faggoting while losing the game*
Decent player:JUST. PLAY. THE. FUCKING. GAME.

Well, apart from the usual fanboy war, there's one thing i'm butthurt about.
People who thinks that the PC is the best "game console", there's one thing they don't know.
That the prototype Xbox(the original) was made out of disassembled computers.

Last edited Nov 19, 2013 at 10:23AM EST

Emerson Grey wrote:

Removing OP by request of OP.

Yeah, Nintendo definitely knows how to market their games to an audience other than solely teenage boys. On the topic of girl gamers, I actually met a few girl gamers when I played RuneScape back in the Dark Ages, and I became really good friends with them (not because they were girls, but because we shared common interests). I think the stigma on female gamers largely comes with societal expectations of gender. Girls are expected to like girly things, i.e. shopping, etc. and guys are supposed to be the ones who like Football, video games, blah blah blah.

But I agree, who cares what gender gamers are? It should be the same approach that we should have with race, that being color-blindedness, judging by the content of character, all that jazz.

You're kinda fishing for insults with that last paragraph. Anyway, I agree. When I'm gaming, I don't really care what gender my opponent or partner happens to be, and I find it hilarious that people would change what they're doing to accommodate or insult their opponent/partner based on gender or any other identifying information. People play games to have fun, so just leave them alone and let them have fun.

Not shit-post post, not sure why I bother, but yet, I felt this was relevant to the thread in general, and as a gamer, I know it is true.

If Nintendo is so non-sexist, then y can't Metroid crawl?

(*smacks self*)

But fo real. The numbers I've always heard said that gamers are predominantly male, but the margin between male and female gamers is actually super small- namely there's around 46% female gamers to 54% male. Seeing as there's not much of a noticeable discrepancy between the percentages there's no need to purposefully point out someone is female and there's even less of a point in ridiculing said female. That's common sense, not some controversial/radical view. Saying "don't judge me" for that kind of opinion is sorta strange to me but whatevs.

Last edited Nov 19, 2013 at 06:21PM EST

Patrick wrote:

If Nintendo is so non-sexist, then y can't Metroid crawl?

(*smacks self*)

But fo real. The numbers I've always heard said that gamers are predominantly male, but the margin between male and female gamers is actually super small- namely there's around 46% female gamers to 54% male. Seeing as there's not much of a noticeable discrepancy between the percentages there's no need to purposefully point out someone is female and there's even less of a point in ridiculing said female. That's common sense, not some controversial/radical view. Saying "don't judge me" for that kind of opinion is sorta strange to me but whatevs.

Well, there's those who bash on other's opinions for equality.

Waaaaaait… Doesn't that sound familiar? Oh yeah, we're talking about it now.

And don't even get me started on the -fag prefixes.
Casualfag-Usually likes Nintendo and suck at games. Still likes to have fun.
Tourneyfag-WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN.

It contradicts itself! I can't be too good, or I'm deemed a Tourneyfag. But if I just wanna have some goddamn fun, I'm deemed a Casualfag! The hell? But yeah. I agree. When it comes to pure, ol' fashioned, friendship-educing (Or, in Mario Party's case, ending), local-ass multiplayer.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

I always related more to women anyway.

To be honest, I'd rather play a super-kidsie game than an ultra-gritty one.

That's why you're not a man till you've played Kirby. Besides…

…What's not to love?

Emerson Grey wrote:

The point is that titles don't matter. My sister, 7 years old, doesn't care! If that can happen, then anyone can play games! To me, there are no "male" and "female" oriented games. And the ones that try to be gender-orientated…

…Usually suck ass.

Emerson Grey wrote:

I've always felt like equality is a weird subject because it seems to mean vastly different things to different people, and a lot people who are like "blargh I'm anti-feminist" aren't generally anti-feminist so much as anti-misandrist. It's hard to tell the difference between the two with like SJBs, but that's another discussion entirely I suppose.

Last edited Nov 19, 2013 at 06:58PM EST

blue wrote:

Gamer fag:UR A GURL GAMER U SUK DIK LOLOLOL
Girl gamer:*simply keeps playing*
Gamer fag:*keeps on faggoting while losing the game*
Decent player:JUST. PLAY. THE. FUCKING. GAME.

Well, apart from the usual fanboy war, there's one thing i'm butthurt about.
People who thinks that the PC is the best "game console", there's one thing they don't know.
That the prototype Xbox(the original) was made out of disassembled computers.

The original Xbox is still kinda shitty, beside how am I going to fit that fucking space waste on my house?

SmackerJack wrote:

That's why you're not a man till you've played Kirby. Besides…

…What's not to love?

I guess I'm a man, because I've played almost all of them, except for the first ones. Everything from Amazing Mirror on, I've played. I recently got Epic Yarn a couple of days ago, and it's pretty good.

Equality just means you're all faggots. Hate to say it, but it's true, just ask yourself this, "who would want to be equal to me?"

Last edited Nov 20, 2013 at 01:58AM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Equality just means you're all faggots. Hate to say it, but it's true, just ask yourself this, "who would want to be equal to me?"

>Implying there are people who aren't inferior to me.
>Dirty other people peasants
>Glorious Coolface master race

Emerson Grey wrote:

Removing OP by request of OP.

Felt the need to vent some steam, eh OP?

But good news. You should find that pretty much everyone here is already in agreement (and has been for a long time) that girl, or guy, a gamer is a gamer. And at the end of the day, gender is a pretty superficial thing to focus on in fantasy worlds of team playing avatars. The only thing that matters is how good your fellow gamers are, in or against your team. Never once in my gaming history have I cared whether or not what pair of gonads my team was carrying (though I tend to be slightly more polite to girls online once I realise who they are, hah).

So don't worry about everyone hating you for your opinion, because theres no reason to disagree. Nobody is going to try and reason why girls shouldn't be playing video games (inb4 Coolface tries). Even the people who hate girl gamers couldn't give you an answer. They are just being dicks for the sake of it (Remember, they'll hate on everyone if you give them a reason, let alone gender. That's just how gamers are. Look at /v/ for example. I've been playing video games for 20 years and since the beginning, gamers have always loved to hate for whatever reason).

Granted in every game, there's always going to be "those guys". The kind that goes nuts when they find out a girl is in the same server and asks "A/S/L?" at every given opportunity. But take confidence knowing that those douchebags are usually virgins. If you ever come across them, just remind them that they have no gf and won't ever get one with that attitude.

Also, I gather that you are a guy

Protip: Girl Gamers can defend themselves. No need to come in waving your sword and shield ;)

i have a list of things i mentaliy take notice of when i play and based on the "score" i judge the other people i play with
the first things is the most important

1. can i understand the person?
2. do the person know the basic of the game?
3. is the person rude or friendly?
4. is the person a team player?
5. is the person new to the game?

as you can see i do not care what gender you are online, as long you can play the game and does act like an ass we won't have any problem.

"People are always judging girls for being gamers. Games are meant to be played by all, not by dudes who are prejudiced against everything but themselves."

OP, please put your sword, shield and armor away. Do not make an assumption of a majority with the views of a minority; within that minority, a majority of them are trolling.

Out of all of the hours that I have playing online, I have never heard or seen anyone discriminate against a girl gamer. The only time I have seen people use "Tits or GTFO" or actively pick on a girl gamer was on /v/; most of them were troll posts (or they could have been genuine, I would not be surprised since it is 4chan).

As you can see, the active majority agrees with your viewpoint that they should be treated equally, I clearly agree with that. I have no arguments against that stance, but I dislike your approach to the topic/discussion.

Last edited Nov 20, 2013 at 05:17PM EST

Sighs Okay let me get something straight here:

1. I'm not being angry about this, I'm just a little annoyed that you hear this crap a lot.

2. Stop calling me OP. I have a name! I don't like being called "OP" because it makes me feel like I'm just some moron.

3. I am glad we've reached a consensus. The reason I made this forum is to get your opinion.

4. I REGRET the last paragraph, and I wish I could get rid of it but I'm stuck with it, so just disregard it.

Emerson Grey wrote:

1. I'm not being angry about this, I'm just a little annoyed that you hear this crap a lot.

2. Stop calling me OP. I have a name! I don't like being called "OP" because it makes me feel like I'm just some moron.

3. I am glad we've reached a consensus. The reason I made this forum is to get your opinion.

4. I REGRET the last paragraph, and I wish I could get rid of it but I'm stuck with it, so just disregard it.

That title shall be your name from now on

Anyway, what happened, what made you create this thread?

Emerson Grey wrote:

1. I find it odd that it bugs you so much, apparently.
2. Get over it.
3. I would have never guessed.
4. The last paragraph is now your legacy.
5. Listing your responses in numbered bullets is incredibly ostentatious.

I’m not being angry about this, I’m just a little annoyed that you hear this crap a lot.

Life is like that. Remember, you cannot control how people act online. But you can control how easily people upset you.

Stop calling me OP. I have a name!

This is the internet. When you are the Original Poster, you are OP. This is a standard constant that will always be upheld

Last edited Nov 21, 2013 at 12:15AM EST

"2. Stop calling me OP. I have a name! I don’t like being called “OP” because it makes me feel like I’m just some moron."

Yea guys, stop calling him me, that's really inconsiderate of my feelings.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!