Forums / Discussion / General

168,562 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

An honest question about the XBox1 and the videogame industry

Last posted Nov 26, 2013 at 01:51PM EST. Added Nov 24, 2013 at 12:15PM EST
5 posts from 5 users

I have a question about the topic of the new Xbox, I don’t know if someone has asked this before, so if someone did, I’m sorry for being redundant.

I have heard that the Xbox 1 has already sold 1 million units worldwide. This is very confusing to me, because I have seen all the rage and all the hate that this machine has produced in the last months. So I did expect Microsoft’s sales to be good because of Brand recognition and the reverse of some of its “things” (kineckt 2, DRM…). But a million? A million units sold is a very good number. Sony has been able to sell a million too, but they have hyped their machine much more, both in and out of the internet. Nintendo hasn’t been that succesfull, selling only 4 or 5 milion units in months, and the only thing that I think they did wrong was advertisement and regionlock.

The thing is, if with all the rage and all the controversy, Microsoft still manages to get a good profit, what is the importance of the internet on the industry? Do you think that the Xbox1 has sufferd (in sales) because of the controversy, or this is the number they would have got if nothing had happened?

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:15PM EST

The DRM and Kinect problems were solved months ago, in no small part thanks to massive backlash.

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:42PM EST

If they made the Xbox One have backwards compatability, like the 360, people would like it just a little more.

Nov 24, 2013 at 01:47PM EST

Emerson Grey wrote:

If they made the Xbox One have backwards compatability, like the 360, people would like it just a little more.

Apparently Microsoft had a tech demo of Halo playing on a PC and Windows Phone to demonstrate cloud gaming. Games Radar article speculates that they may be just holding back until they can release it without any hiccups or watch what Sony does.

Games Radar – Xbox One’s lack of backwards compatibility is tactical, not technical
Nov 26, 2013 at 01:51PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!