Forums / General

195,584 total conversations in 5,382 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Memes that start on KYM

Last posted Nov 25, 2013 at 02:47PM EST. Added Nov 25, 2013 at 02:29PM EST
2 conversations with 2 participants

Between I need blood and The Goat, things have been showing up that do posses memetic qualities, but are deadpooled because they originated on this site.The problem is, since we’re so detached from the rest of the internet, memes that start here don’t really ever have a chance(that I know of). Things that pass through here too early are kind of stuck. What if we just passed it along if it shows potential memetic qualities, like tagging a shark for future study? We offer it an out route, maybe even just throw it back at the site of origin, and not directly push it to be successful. Based on the two recent occurrences with Goat-tan and this, it seems that in KYM’s desperation to avoid bias, the potential meme is basically quarantined. And that is completely understandable. All I’m suggesting is some kind of policy for memes that wander onto this site and are basically trapped. We don’t try to make them a meme, we just throw them back into the water and watch from afar, like we always do. Alternatively, there could be a category or status listing for “in-joke” that would probably be less controversial.

Nov 25, 2013 at 02:29PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!