Forums / Discussion / General

170,360 total conversations in 5,458 threads

+ New Thread

Uh, guys...(KYM Wiki rediscovery)

Last posted Dec 10, 2013 at 01:23PM EST. Added Dec 07, 2013 at 06:43AM EST
71 posts from 38 users

Some of it is actually pretty funny. Sure they are all 12 year old girls with sand in their vagina, but what they write is a little true.

Dec 07, 2013 at 08:11AM EST

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

OH gawd. There’s pages for users. Can we start a wiki for the wiki?

It hasn’t been edited since 19.11.13, and the last updated page before that was me discovering I myself had a page on that wiki.

Dec 07, 2013 at 09:32AM EST

Lil B wrote:

Some of it is actually pretty funny. Sure they are all 12 year old girls with sand in their vagina, but what they write is a little true.

For the record, about of a third of the articles were written by Taryn, the rest are things people on the site wrote about themselves.

So if you don’t have an article, you’re either newer or not stupid.

Dec 07, 2013 at 04:00PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

It hasn’t been edited since 19.11.13, and the last updated page before that was me discovering I myself had a page on that wiki.

The edit history on your user page shows that the page was created with that exact message already edited into it.

You’re doing an awful job at hiding it was you who created it.

Dec 07, 2013 at 04:42PM EST

I’m rather disappointed nobody has written an article about me.

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:04PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I’m rather disappointed nobody has written an article about me.

We didn’t want to sully the great Sweatie Killer legacy

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:37PM EST

It’s times like this that I’m glad that I’m not classed as a regular…

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:48PM EST

Their Blue Screen Of Death article is somewhat amusing though, if only because it’s a completely different (and not shit) direction.

Dec 07, 2013 at 07:15PM EST

lol my page is still the best

y’all jealous of old mods

Dec 07, 2013 at 11:10PM EST

@CrashGordon

Their Blue Screen Of Death article

Their? Don’t you mean mine?

The KYM wiki was created by us, the old users from last year and I made the article on myself

But nobody cared enough to deface the page after I made it. I was just a regular user back then and only the mod pages attracted the trolls.

RM’s page has been vandalized pretty good. Somebody took out all the edits I made in RM’s page. (Damn them. My jokes about RM were so much better.) However I’ve gone relatively untouched.

Notice that the list of moderator articles don’t include any of the recent mods. It’s really old and far out of date.

Anyone here is welcome to update the wiki though, it’s like uncyclopedia…for KYM

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 02:13AM EST
Dec 07, 2013 at 11:18PM EST

BSoD:

“…it’s like uncyclopedia…for KYM

So it’s like anti-knowledge.

Ann Hiro:

You just found out about it?

I’ve been here a while and I just found out about it. lol.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 01:22AM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 01:21AM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Short, but I like the point.

Specially the facts part.

Dec 08, 2013 at 03:31AM EST

I know that I’m still successful with this site if I still don’t have a wiki page, woot, Zero-notability FTW.

But yeah, I like that wiki…kind of. It’s helped me know a lot of useful information about many of the users that I may not have known before. :)

Dec 08, 2013 at 07:12AM EST

Oh wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen that. Taryn’s contributions will never be forgotten.

Dec 08, 2013 at 10:50AM EST

Loli wrote:

Specially the facts part.

“Despite being a well known obvious troll on a small community, he is actually quite successful. "

It’s true, I’m really a fail troll. Honestly, I am just very sarcastic, and I guess that is trolling.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 02:19PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 02:18PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

The edit history on your user page shows that the page was created with that exact message already edited into it.

You’re doing an awful job at hiding it was you who created it.

Technically I did create it. But it was already linked to on the wiki, and not by me.

Also, check this out.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 02:40PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 02:26PM EST

I had no idea that this even existed until today O__0

Now I gotta keep an eye out to see if an article about me is made. If there ever is one, considering the content/quality of all the others i’m not sure if I’m going to laugh my ass off, or shake my head in disappointment.

Dec 08, 2013 at 02:46PM EST

…You do realise that now someone’s going to make it hapen, right?

I already have an article on there. Of course, many of the new guys aren’t gonna realise it, only the older ones who know what my original name on KYM was would realise that fact.

Dec 08, 2013 at 02:50PM EST

I was looking at the User section and found out I’m not on it. Thank god, then I saw the pages for BSOD and RandomMan. RandomMan’s Page was lulz worthy while I couldn’t get through BSOD’s page because it just seemed like gibberish to me so I gave up.

Dec 08, 2013 at 02:59PM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

…You do realise that now someone’s going to make it hapen, right?

I already have an article on there. Of course, many of the new guys aren’t gonna realise it, only the older ones who know what my original name on KYM was would realise that fact.

Nope, no idea. Maybe it’s because you change your name every 3 months to something different?

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 05:01PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 04:37PM EST

If you make your own page, you’re doing it wrong.

I forgot who made the page first, but it had the honest intention of documenting notable people and stuff on the site. Some members wrote about themselves, like Natsuru and Alejandro because that was the intent of the site when it first came to be but it became a giant circlejerk for people to post about themselves. It got to the point where random users no one knows about just made pages about themselves like “[username] is a member of the KYM forums and likes pokemon” and something like that. The quality became so bad some people (like Stoffe and RussianFedora if anyone remembers him) just turned the whole thing into a joke. It’s much better this way anyways.

Of course, some people still wish that the site wasn’t a joke and tries to make it so it’s serious business.

Taryn wrote most of everything.

Shameless self-promotion.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 09:18PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 05:08PM EST

Mister J wrote:

If you make your own page, you’re doing it wrong.

I forgot who made the page first, but it had the honest intention of documenting notable people and stuff on the site. Some members wrote about themselves, like Natsuru and Alejandro because that was the intent of the site when it first came to be but it became a giant circlejerk for people to post about themselves. It got to the point where random users no one knows about just made pages about themselves like “[username] is a member of the KYM forums and likes pokemon” and something like that. The quality became so bad some people (like Stoffe and RussianFedora if anyone remembers him) just turned the whole thing into a joke. It’s much better this way anyways.

Of course, some people still wish that the site wasn’t a joke and tries to make it so it’s serious business.

Taryn wrote most of everything.

Shameless self-promotion.

This pretty much. Olivia initially made that Wiki to document some of the stuff KYM does and how the sites works.

Instead, some of the users thought it would be such a good idea to add user pages about themselves. So in no time, others followed, to the point as Mister J here is pointing out that even users nobody knew (or cared) about would make pages for themselves.

The entire purpose of the Wikia was vandalized by circlejerks in less than 24 hours.

So after a while some others came along, noticed how much the Wikia turned into failure, and decided to vandalize the vandalizations. So you got a double negative, becoming a positive, resulting in the user pages you see on it now.

None of them are to be taken serious, but they’re much better than the circlejerk that Wikia was at first.

If you think you are important enough to have a page about yourself on that Wikia, you probably aren’t.

Dec 08, 2013 at 06:26PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

This pretty much. Olivia initially made that Wiki to document some of the stuff KYM does and how the sites works.

Instead, some of the users thought it would be such a good idea to add user pages about themselves. So in no time, others followed, to the point as Mister J here is pointing out that even users nobody knew (or cared) about would make pages for themselves.

The entire purpose of the Wikia was vandalized by circlejerks in less than 24 hours.

So after a while some others came along, noticed how much the Wikia turned into failure, and decided to vandalize the vandalizations. So you got a double negative, becoming a positive, resulting in the user pages you see on it now.

None of them are to be taken serious, but they’re much better than the circlejerk that Wikia was at first.

If you think you are important enough to have a page about yourself on that Wikia, you probably aren’t.

Except me, because I’m special.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 06:41PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 06:29PM EST

Kebab Removal Unit wrote:

I’m still lucky i don’t have one.

Seconds here brother.

Dec 08, 2013 at 08:39PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Don’t worry RM I’m sure the users who create pages about themselves won’t read this anyways

Right now it’s a site parodying the circlejerk culture by posting articles depicting users in a negative light but the younger forum-goers unaware of its true intent post articles about themselves in a negative light, thus ruining the parody and instead turn it into a legitimate circlejerk cultural ground.

The circle of stupidity is complete.

Dec 08, 2013 at 09:23PM EST

stop posting yourselves on the wiki

by order of the great furfag Mister J

Dec 08, 2013 at 09:40PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!